Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
twinslovedisney
Earning My Ears

I feel like a traitor, but...

We've been to disneyland every MLK week for the last four years, but for MLK 2013 we're doing Disneyworld. We got a super cheap deal and we could not pass it up. Still I feel like I'm having a fling with a cheaper model! Also, with closures of three of our fave rides in January 2013, it didn't make sense to visit. Oh well, see you in 2014, DL!
twinslovedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
RaceCar
Earning My Ears

Don't feel bad. Disney World is great! You wil be able to enjoy many of the things you can't do at Disneyland. Eat at the castle. Go on Dinosaur. See the many awesome shows. I always love the Movie Ride. There's lots of great things at WDW. It still has the original Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. It might even still have the electric light parade.

Don't feel like a traitor. Your only "traitorship" is comparing any Disney park to a cheap fling. You'll have a great time!
RaceCar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
disneyismyheart247
Living the California and Disney Dream

How could you feel like a traitor? Disney World is still Disney, LOL.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

There is still an Electrical Parade at WDW.

Movie Ride =

Have a great time! I think you'll be surprised but eventually appreciate the closeness of the two parks at DLR (not like WDW)
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
CourtFool
A Mouse in Llama Clothing

It seems to me that Disney really pushes Disneyworld. This is probably another topic in itself. Most of the 'deals' I see are for Disneyworld. The t.v. shows that I have seen are always about Disneyworld. Hell, even here on this board, you have to scroll down to the middle of the board to find Disneyland.
Disneyland November 1988
CourtFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinslovedisney View Post
...I feel like I'm having a fling with a cheaper model!
Well, it *looks* cheaper.

Trouble with floozies is that while they look cheap, they always cost you more in the end.
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran

No need to feel like a traitor. My family alternates between DL and WDW vacations. You will experience things at WDW that DL does not offer. I love both parks the same for different reasons. You will not be disappointed at all!
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 / Next Up: Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/10/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
DaveNinja
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
There is still an Electrical Parade at WDW.
This is more than enough reason to go. The Electrical Parade will always be my favorite parade
DaveNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've been to disneyland every MLK week for the last four years, but for MLK 2013 we're doing Disneyworld. We got a super cheap deal and we could not pass it up. Still I feel like I'm having a fling with a cheaper model! Also, with closures of three of our fave rides in January 2013, it didn't make sense to visit. Oh well, see you in 2014, DL!
Why feel like a traitor? WDW is just as wonderful as DL, only different. We go DL very regularly and love going to WDW whenever we get the chance. (no guilt here)
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #10
Mazel
Proud Navy Mom

We usually go to WDW the same week, this year we're trying DL. We'll have to compare notes when we get back. lol
Old 11-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
RaceCar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Movie Ride =
Technically, it's "The Great Movie Ride". You find it at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It's like POTC but without pirates or drops. I guess that makes it similar to IASW, except it's based on movies, not nationalities, and it's much more realisitc than IASW (kinda like Pirates). If you ever wanted to go to Munchkin Land, or hang out with Sigourney Weaver in Aliens, then this ride would be fun for you.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

No, no, not a traitor. Not at all. You are just visiting your aunt this time around instead of your cousin. That's all. It's all in the family. Enjoy!

Quote:
There is still an Electrical Parade at WDW....
Best. Parade. Ever!

We just got back from WDW and in nine days we watched the MSEP 5 times. That's right. F I V E ! And we did not spend a lot of time in the Magic Kingdom! hahaha! LOVE the MSEP! But it needs to come back home to DLR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCar View Post
Technically, it's "The Great Movie Ride". You find it at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It's like POTC but without pirates or drops. I guess that makes it similar to IASW, except it's based on movies, not nationalities, and it's much more realisitc than IASW (kinda like Pirates). If you ever wanted to go to Munchkin Land, or hang out with Sigourney Weaver in Aliens, then this ride would be fun for you.
ROFL! I would never describe it that way! So interesting how we all view things differently. It's a ride that is a tribute to movie history and you ride through many famous movie scenes, on a train that gets hijacked along the way. We love it.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
RaceCar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
ROFL! I would never describe it that way! So interesting how we all view things differently. It's a ride that is a tribute to movie history and you ride through many famous movie scenes, on a train that gets hijacked along the way. We love it.

- Dreams
Is it a train? I'm sure I knew that when I went regularly for 6-months straight. For some reason it stickes in my mind as a boat. Go figure!!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #14
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're cheating on Disneyland and with it's sibling no less
Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #15
Argento
Mouseketeer

As long as you don't bring any WDW regulars back with you...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: