Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #16
bdink921
DIS Veteran

I have used my Disney Visa card off and on for the past several years --- I mostly used it during promotions when 3% or 5% was offered. I would use it for EVERYTHING and pay it off every month. We earned LOT of FREE disney dollars (I love free money ). I did upgrade to premier and have a few hundred in rewards for our next trip but will be cancelling the card next year. We have another cc that gets 2% back on everything all of the time and that one works better for us.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #17
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22
Anyone know if you get any special rewards for buying Disney gift cards on your DV? Is it just the 2% on the Premier card or any other bonus?
You may be able to do better than 2% but not buying direct through Disney. I did buy them while I had 5% back which was nice but now I will buy them at BJ's or Costco with a 4% discount and then my 1% back for that purchase. You have to check your local area as well since a lot of grocery stores run deals with gift card purchases.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
snarfblatt
Mouseketeer

We just signed up two months ago- with the $200 g/c after a $500 purchase (premier) so between that and paying for everything but utilities for it the last two month we have over $300 to spend.

I agree with PP is it the best rewards card ...not sure. We are looking into a Disney Cruise so we will probably keep using it to gain points for that. But If you don't do Disney a lot.. Those points really won't do you much good, as opposed to say, an Amex- that if you chose to use those points for Disney you could but also 100's of other places.

Bottom line- if you have a trip coming up- USE IT (within your means o course). Rack up those points!!!

DS (9) DS (6) Dh ME
2000- All Star Music
2005- Sheraton Vistana
2010- Sheraton Vistana
2012- PORFQ
snarfblatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

I think you have to look at the other cards in your wallet as well because most offer rewards in the form of cash back even if not Disney $$. For me, I put $1,500 of our trip on my Discover because I earned 5% back on amusement parks up to that amt. We put our SeaWorld and IOA tix on my husband's Discover for the same reason. Then we each got a std Disney Visa that earned us each $200 Disney GCs for putting $500 on each card. I'll put an add'l $1500 on mine between now and our trip so I can redeem my extra $20. For groceries and gas, my Amazon card gives me 2% back and for Dept store & online purchases through Dec, Discover will give me 5% again. I will wind up using part of my Discover cash back on a Best Western GC for the trip down and back and all the remaining credit card rewards will be actual cash back for the trip. In total, I expect to save about $650 in addition to Disney's promo rate.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #20
YesMickey
Mouseketeer

One thing of note I found out the hard way is you only get the 0% for 6 months on vacation packages only, not room only. I booked our trip for Feb. using the card and then found cheap airline tix that leaves the day we were going to drive out anyway that will get us to WDW a day early. So I tried to add the extra day early as part of the package with no luck. So I just made two(parents going too) room only ressies for that first night as we are getting in late and paid for that on the Disney Visa. When I got my bill the other day the promo is only for the Vacation package and not the room only. I thought the 6month no interest was for any Disney purchase. Not the case. So long story short, you only get Disney rewards dollars for booking room only, not the 0% for 6 month deal.
POR Nov. '08 Makeup for shortened trip above.
Pop Century Mar '10
Pop Century Mar' 13
Self 42, DW 43, DD14, DS10
, , ,
YesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: