Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Buffalo2Disney
Should we be HYSTERICAL?

Very Interesting NEW Article about Avatar coming to DAK

This article is from Mouse Unlimited and has some very specific details about the possibility of Avatar and Disney's Animal Kingdom. It talks about actual blue prints and has some info about possible rides in the new land. An interesting part at the end of the article claims that there could be a plan B for this new land at DAK if Disney and Cameron can't come to an agreement.

Personally I am excited for this new land in DAK, however I know I am in the minority. However, lets remember according to this article that there could be a plan B, so let's not turn this into an Avatar bashing thread and more into what the possibilities can be. Link for the article is below

ARTICLE SOURCE

Buffalo2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo2Disney View Post
This article is from Mouse Unlimited and has some very specific details about the possibility of Avatar and Disney's Animal Kingdom. It talks about actual blue prints and has some info about possible rides in the new land. An interesting part at the end of the article claims that there could be a plan B for this new land at DAK if Disney and Cameron can't come to an agreement.

Personally I am excited for this new land in DAK, however I know I am in the minority. However, lets remember according to this article that there could be a plan B, so let's not turn this into an Avatar bashing thread and more into what the possibilities can be. Link for the article is below

ARTICLE SOURCE
Thanks for the interesting read. I hadn't heard of a reveal date of December 7 before. We'll all see what happens together I guess.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Oh I will be upset if they get rid of Festival of the Lion King. I love that show, but anxious to see what happens.

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

they should add another coaster..
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Here's hoping for plan B

Any conjecture on potential themes? The originally planned Beastly Kingdom would be neat, but that theme seems to lend itself better to a coaster than a Soarin' type ride.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Is anyone kind of shocked that this person in the article is revealing such confidential behind the scenes information out to the public like this?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

id rather avatar land, movies aside the world that was created is pretty cool and itd be great to see it.. the only issue with it is that in avatar the world was more amazing at night and dak isnt open in dark often
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:

ARTICLE SOURCE
~Yay!!! Thanks for the update, OP. Meg Crofton has already alluded to the "final planning" for the Avatar section of Animal Kingdom, just a couple weeks ago when the Disney World ambassadors were announced! I can't wait to here more details and plans!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
Angebee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmejosh View Post
the only issue with it is that in avatar the world was more amazing at night and dak isnt open in dark often
Perhaps that would be the draw? Shut down the Safari and other animal-related rides/trails but keep EE, Kali and the DinoLand attractions going while also having Avatar land (or plan B land) kept open later in the evening. Not that anything Avatar would draw me in. I just personally wasn't that thrilled with it.

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #10
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

This actually sounds really nice. I'm glad that the author states that FOTLK would move instead of being shut down for good.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #11
Buffalo2Disney
Should we be HYSTERICAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angebee View Post
Perhaps that would be the draw? Shut down the Safari and other animal-related rides/trails but keep EE, Kali and the DinoLand attractions going while also having Avatar land (or plan B land) kept open later in the evening. Not that anything Avatar would draw me in. I just personally wasn't that thrilled with it.
Really like this idea of keeping certain attractions open as well as the new land at night. DAK is my favorite park, but have never been there when it is open later than 5PM. So if this can help keep it open longer on a regular basis, I'm all for it.

Buffalo2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 AM   #12
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Is anyone kind of shocked that this person in the article is revealing such confidential behind the scenes information out to the public like this?
I'm pretty sure these kinds of "leaks" don't happen by accident.

It's a way for Disney to start ramping up the excitement without committing to anything solid.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Well Disney DOES have a "what's new what's next" announcment coming the day the NFL opens. I'm guessing we may hear some more detail then.

Personally, I'm banking on a Plan B. Disney wouldn't give the reins to JK Rowling so I doubt they'll hand over creative control to known control freak Cameron. I'd much rather see Beastly Kingdom, Australia, South America, or even better...Lord of the Rings!

And finally, I don't believe for one second that information leaks accidentally. Be it from Disney or anyone else. A "leak" is a carefully orchestrated PR move.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #14
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
This actually sounds really nice. I'm glad that the author states that FOTLK would move instead of being shut down for good.
Everything I have heard talked about moving it rather than shutting it down.
Quote:
Really like this idea of keeping certain attractions open as well as the new land at night. DAK is my favorite park, but have never been there when it is open later than 5PM. So if this can help keep it open longer on a regular basis, I'm all for it.
I have been there when it was open until 7 - in Fall, when it is quite dark already by then.
It's really cool to see it with all the lighting. They do have some really interesting themed lights in each area that guests don't normally even notice.
None of the shows were open, but pretty much all of Dinoland was. That's where I mostly was, so I am not sure about other areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
I'm pretty sure these kinds of "leaks" don't happen by accident.

It's a way for Disney to start ramping up the excitement without committing to anything solid.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #15
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

This idea from the very beginning has not thrilled me. AK is already my least favorite park and Avatar (just my opinion) was a terrible, boring movie so this idea has just never sit well with me... plus Disney pairing up with Cameron... just doesn't make sense. If they passed on harry potter why would they agree to go in with someone like Cameron... there are SO many actual DISNEY things they can do instead... plus I'm more of a fan of bringing a Cars land to HS!

mommy2jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: