Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Nanabug02
Look for me in the garden, eating worms

Where can I get Distilled Water?

I know this is a weird question, but does anyone know where I can get Distilled bottled water in WDW? I had sinus surgery a few months ago, and have to do a sinus rinse/irrigation every day, especially after being on planes.

It can't be regular bottled water, or purified water. It must be Distilled water. Has anyone seen this around WDW? We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

the Hess gas station "might" have it.. But my guess is you are going to have to go off property to get it.. Id suggest putting some in your luggage and just flying with it if you dont need a lot it will save you a lot trouble.

Last edited by heyitsmejosh; 11-02-2012 at 04:48 PM.
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

and i'm sure you know this since you are looking for distilled but its really important in florida do NOT use florida tap water unless its boiled there are a lot of parasites here that you dont want to have access to your brain
Old 11-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

If you won't have a car on your trip, it might be worth ordering from Garden Grocer. You can order other items besides your distilled water, too.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

The best places are either grocery stores or drug stores. I don't think you'll find either onsite, but if you have a car, head out into the surrounding areas. There is a strip mall just outside the gates on Hotel Blvd, and a Walgreens about a half mile up that road on the left.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
Nanabug02

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmejosh View Post
the Hess gas station "might" have it.. But my guess is you are going to have to go off property to get it.. Id suggest putting some in your luggage and just flying with it
Thanks, I have a feeling that WDW won't have it anywhere for purchase. Just thought I would ask around. I think bringing some in my suitcase is the best option. The Container Store has some screw top leak-proof bottles that I could use. I don't think they will leak, but I am concerned about the weight of them in my suitcase. I'll probably have to pack 32 ounces of distilled water to last the week.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Nanabug02

Quote:
and i'm sure you know this since you are looking for distilled but its really important in florida do NOT use florida tap water unless its boiled there are a lot of parasites here that you dont want to have access to your brain
Yeah, I've heard this before. I don't even use tap water here.... Definitely don't want any germs in my brain.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabug02 View Post
Thanks, I have a feeling that WDW won't have it anywhere for purchase. Just thought I would ask around. I think bringing some in my suitcase is the best option. The Container Store has some screw top leak-proof bottles that I could use. I don't think they will leak, but I am concerned about the weight of them in my suitcase. I'll probably have to pack 32 ounces of distilled water to last the week.
Yep, I'd definitely recommend using Garden Grocer to deliver the distilled water (and other groceries) to your resort. Then you don't have to put extra heavy stuff in your luggage, and you won't have to worry about running out!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
matheke
DIS Veteran

For the hassle it would probally be, I would just pack some in your checked luggage. I can't tell how much you would need since you haven't said how many days or how many times a day you need to rinse.

You could sterilize a pint mason jar and seal it in there, and then wrap it in some padding. It would be about an extra pound weightwise.

Dan
matheke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabug02 View Post
well 32 ounces is only 2 pounds 16oz = 1 pound you get 50 pounds.. i brought a bunch of pedialyte in my suitcase to jamaica for dehyration reasons and i had no issues as all.. just make sure the bottle you get is well sealed at the top with plastic or something.. but bringing it is a lot easier than the hassel of finding it here
Old 11-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
ambgoph
Mouseketeer

They had gallons of distilled water in the gift shop at PORFQ when I stayed there last year.
ambgoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
3redheadz
Earning My Ears

I have the same issue....on the Boardwalk at the mechandise store on the corner. They have distilled water by the gallon.
3redheadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambgoph View Post
They had gallons of distilled water in the gift shop at PORFQ when I stayed there last year.
same here, we bought jugs there and used it to make coffee. But they said they have it for medical reasons.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #14
stpats317
Mouseketeer

We were able to get distilled water at the POR gift shop last year. My husband needs it for his CPAP machine. this was a godsend as we flew in, spent a long afternoon/evening at the parks and didn't remember to stop and pick some up before heading back to the room. Called the gift shop and they said come on down!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just to be clear, there are no brain eating parasites in Florida tap water, lake water maybe but not the tap water. Yes its nasty, but for this purpose no tap water from anywhere should be used.

Last edited by chartle; 11-03-2012 at 07:36 AM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: