Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

Question Changing contract from joint to sole name?

As the title says really, any ideas how much it costs and what is involved?

Thanks
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc 1nt at PBH May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV 13nts Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Both parties would have to sign off on it. If there is a loan, then sole owner would most likely have to qualify for a new loan. If there is no loan, I believe it's $50 to change the deed.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Claire I am just going through this but obviously through the loss of my previous partner. They hvnt charged me anything but when he was alive and we had split up for a while I enquired and it was $437. They said there would be a new finance agreement made up and the transfer and release forms hence the price. If you dont hv the finance then it would be the $50. It has taken them 3 months to send the forms and kept emailing me them which looked really unprofessional as when printed had arrows everywhere. I eventually spoke to someone who sent the documents fedex and they came in 4 days.
Good luck sorting it out. Xx
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

Thanks for the advice, there is no Disney finance on the contract, so just a change of name is needed I am guessing I would need a Notary Public to sign the forms off over here for 'witnessing' purposes??
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc 1nt at PBH May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV 13nts Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire L
Thanks for the advice, there is no Disney finance on the contract, so just a change of name is needed I am guessing I would need a Notary Public to sign the forms off over here for 'witnessing' purposes??
Yes thats what it says but when I asked they advised as long as it is not a relative they are happy with that. Iv got my nursing sister to do mine. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Callum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire L View Post
Just seen the posts on this subject.

My wife passed away last December and I have already returned the notarised affidavit to DVC to allow them to change their records into my name. There was no cost for this but no finance was involved.

DVC did however suggest that should I wish to have the court records changed to show me as the sole owner, I would have to appoint an Orange County lawyer to act for me. I guess I would need to do this anyway should I decide to sell at some time in the future.

Has anyone had experience of this? I have been referred to a lawyer but his fees seem very high.
Callum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
Just seen the posts on this subject.

My wife passed away last December and I have already returned the notarised affidavit to DVC to allow them to change their records into my name. There was no cost for this but no finance was involved.

DVC did however suggest that should I wish to have the court records changed to show me as the sole owner, I would have to appoint an Orange County lawyer to act for me. I guess I would need to do this anyway should I decide to sell at some time in the future.

Has anyone had experience of this? I have been referred to a lawyer but his fees seem very high.
I dont undertsand So although my partner died and I have had his name taken off it is not in my sole name?? Even through the court? Thats ridiculous.If its a joint contract and one dies it should revert to the other person without going through courts. I will cross that bridge later.

So sorry about your wife
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
Callum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
I dont undertsand So although my partner died and I have had his name taken off it is not in my sole name?? Even through the court? Thats ridiculous.If its a joint contract and one dies it should revert to the other person without going through courts. I will cross that bridge later.

So sorry about your wife
I was trying to follow the guidance given by DVC in a letter they sent me..Paragraph 2 states:

"We do not record this Affidavit or the death certificate in the county records where the above referenced Ownership Interest is located. You would need to make your own arrangements or contact an attorney for that type of service. This Affidavit is for our internal use only"

If I am reading this correctly then as far as DVC is concerned, their records show that I am now the sole owner of the property BUT the records held at Orange County Court will still show joint ownership. Should I ever decide to sell the property then I would imagine that this latter point will need to be addressed. Do I do this now or wait until I sell?

Just wondering if any owners had already gone down this route
Callum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: