Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #31
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - Sorry to hear about your friend. We had a great time on our trip. Election Judges check people off voting register as they come into vote, answer questions on how voting machines work, register new voters. Basically, man the poles from opening to closing.

Elizabeth - Hope the girls enjoyed the baby gorillas! Happy Belated Birthday!

Mary - Happy Belated Birthday!

Kimberly - Sorry for your loss of your godmother. Good job on the race!!!

Robbie - Pixie Dust for those injuries!

AFM - We had a great time on our trip. We got back to WDW right after the Food and Wine race, so saw several of our friends who had been there for that.

Pixie dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #32
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Hi everyone!

Elizabeth - WTG on the 6 miler! I'm the same way - going through all the errands I have to do but I find it helps me to get organized and clear my head.

Definitely plan on going to the parks both Saturday and Sunday. For those doing Goofy, I think it's best to keep your body going to keep your muscles from stiffening and not to let it go into rest mode. I plan on some light walking Saturday but will probably call it an early night. Be careful of napping if you're running Sunday, you want to make sure you don't have trouble sleeping. Sunday is extra magic hour (PM) at MK so I'm heading there after WCC. Which hotel are you staying at?

Kimberly - Congrats on your 15K! I know how you feel about the PB... keep training and you'll knock it out of the park next time! Good luck on the 15 miler this weekend! I'm shooting for 14 myself.

Lynn - Did you do any of the seminars while you were at the F&W festival? I've always wanted to do one. I'm thinking of W&D for next year. Not sure yet.

AFM - I've been keeping up with my running and despite not feeling that great lately (lack of appetite and sleep), my running seems to be improving. Go figure. I'm managing to get a lot of runs in at a sub 10 m/m pace with a few sub 9 m/m splits thrown in as well. I did a 4.21 miler yesterday at 40:03. I really tried pushing for a sub 40 time but didn't quite make it. Next time

Had a great workout at the gym on Monday. My chiro showed me a few exercises I can do to strengthen my feet and ankles. Those are pretty easy and can be done while watching TV or sitting at my desk. I haven't had too many issues with my ankles recently - knock on wood. I guess I'll really see what happens on the 14 miler this weekend.

I'm still wanting to see 'Skyfall' but just haven't had a chance. For some reason, I don't seem to have as much free time now that I'm back into Goofy training. It's a bit of a social life killer LOL

Is anyone planning on doing a costume in January? Just curious...

Hope everyone is doing well

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #33
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyfoo
.I'm still wanting to see 'Skyfall' but just haven't had a chance. For some reason, I don't seem to have as much free time now that I'm back into Goofy training. It's a bit of a social life killer LOL

Is anyone planning on doing a costume in January? Just curious...

Hope everyone is doing well
SkyFall was awesome! I recommend it. I saw it last Friday night, and then went out for my 15M Long Run the following morning. Channeling some 'Daniel Craig' running. Lol

I am dressing as Woody for the Half. All I need to do is find some blue track pants (not gonna wear jeans).
Half Fanatic #1852 and Marathon Maniac #6743
My Blog: My Journey to Healthy Living

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
RunRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #34
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - We did not do any of the demo's, but we did go to the Signature Dinner at Victoria and Alberts, it was Scott's birthday present.

Rick - Good luck with your Woody costume.

AFM - spent some time on the spin bike, hoping to maybe get out for a bike ride today.

Pixie Dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #35
es45
DIS Veteran

Happy Friday, everyone,

Glad to see some more posts on the board; that means marathon weekend is around the corner!

Vicky: I'm at POP this year. Still don't know if my family will be joining me or if I'll be solo. Glad to see you are considering W&D next year too. How is the Achilles?

Rick: Costume sounds great; better start training now with that cowboy hat. I always worry about running in hats. That is why I'm running as Minnie this time. I think I can manage to keep the ears on for the entire 13.1.

Lynn: How was V&A? I've never been but I have it on my list to do, along with staying at the Poly. Will you be at WDW in January?

AFM: I'm headed to Charlotte for a color run with my daughters. We'll walk it as my oldest hurt her knee and is undergoing PT. It will be held on the Charlotte Motor Speedway so it should be a fun time!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #36
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Elizabeth - V&A's was great! I do not know how to describe the meals there. Of course, we have only done the speciality meals (Chef's table and this Signature Dinner, so I do not know what the dining experience is otherwise), but you get very small portions, very beautifully plated, taste fantastic, and they keep coming and coming and coming! Just when you think you are finally done when "dessert" is served, there are still 2 more courses! No, we will not be at WDW in Jan this (next) year.

AFM - We actually got outside on the bikes yesterday!! It felt great to be outside. The temp was 41F, but the wind was less than 5mph. We got in 10 miles, it was a bit too cool to stay out for longer.

Pixie Dust to all who are in need.

Have a great day team!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #37
windwalker
I need an Adventure

Hi guys!!

Dave

http://pandaendurance.blogspot.com/

National Senior Olympics June 07
Ranked 9th in 1500m, 8th in 5K

Next Goofy 2012, Second trip to the National Senior Olympics July 2013
windwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #38
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by es45
Rick: Costume sounds great; better start training now with that cowboy hat. I always worry about running in hats. That is why I'm running as Minnie this time. I think I can manage to keep the ears on for the entire 13.1.
Ya know, that is a good point. I think I will take it on my next training run on Tuesday and see how it 'feels'. I guess if I have to toss it sometime during the race, I won't lose any sleep over it. Only wearing it for the Half. No costume for the Mickey -- too long a race not to be completely comfortable.

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #39
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

My latest blog post summed up this past week:

"Gee! Are we there yet? How much longer?"

Hope you all have a good week and enjoy your Thanksgiving celebrations!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #40
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Dave - Hi!

Rick - You have a good week also!

AFM - Yesterday only got out for dog walk, but Sat was nice for bike riding and got 12 miles in.

Have a great day team!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #41
es45
DIS Veteran

Hi, everyone,

Dave: Happy to see you post on here again! Glad I at least can keep up with you on Fb.

Rick: Read your blog post. I never realized when I started running how difficult it would be to get everything done when my distance moved up. Plus, with the longest runs happening so close to the holidays and all the weekend commitments at this time of year. Stay strong, you are almost there and you'll be happy that you kept it up. What does your 2013 training calendar look like?

Lynn: Hi!

AFM: I enjoyed The Color Run in Charlotte with my girls. It was cold and windy but we had a great time. Here we are at the finish:

Last edited by es45; 11-19-2012 at 02:40 PM.
es45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #42
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Hi team! Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! What kind of plans does everyone have for Thanksgiving? Canadian Thanksgiving was waaay back in October No holidays for us in November (boo!)

Elizabeth - We'll have to get a group pic at the start of the half with everyone in costume! Is that fog in the background of your pic or is it dust from all of the color? Looks like you and your girls had a great time! The achilles is feeling a little better. It's still stiff but my chiro is going to show me some exercises that I can do for it. It gets annoying after I've been sitting for a while. Are you thinking of W&D next year? We'll have to talk

Lynn - Been to V&A twice but have yet to do a signature diner there. I'm hoping to make the W&D next year so I can take in some of the events!

Dave -

Rick - Still haven't seen Skyfall yet... training is a bit of a social life killer. I feel like some weeks are eat, sleep, work, run, gym and laundry Will check out your blog post after I'm done here.

AFM - I did my first B2B runs this weekend. It was 14/7. The 7 miler wasn't too bad but the 14 took me about 2:33. I thought it was a good time but it's just 2:33 that I would have loved to spend doing something else LOL I bumped into my a high school friend during my 14 miler and she was on her way to brunch and shopping. Oh well - I can do that on my cutback week in December LOL My achilles was stiff, I iced it afterward and it only seems to bother me when I sit for long periods of time. It's just annoying.

I threw my name in the lottery for the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC next April. I used the WISH group code - it's on the WISH FB page. Not sure if there's an advantage but it looks like the entire group will make it in or not at all. The course is fairly flat - I remember most of it from running MCM and the start is easy enough to get to. They don't announce who made it in until December so I've got my fingers crossed.

Anyone else have races they know they're running in 2013?

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #43
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

Hey all! Elizabeth that was a great photo - so glad you had fun! Rick - read your blog post and TOTALLY feel the same way. I ran 15 miles on saturday in 28 degree weather, and while MUCH better than my stockadeathon race, I'm still kind of tired of running and trying to figure out how to schedule it with everything else going on in my life. I am ready for the marathon weekend to be here! I had to fit in that 15 miles on saturday morning after a late night friday of a polish fest at church which I volunteered to work, then the run, then saturday afternoon/night we were prepping for and in our city parade (largest nighttime parade they say) - the Schenectady Christmas parade - our church built this AMAZING pirate ship - the Jolly Roger - and my son got to be Peter Pan - we were even on the news - I posted the link to the tv site - we are in the picture as well as the video. that's my son as peter pan and I'm behind him in the white hat holding him. that was a late night and my son passed out in the middle of dinner at a diner!

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S2838734.shtml?cat=0

and then church events all day yesterday and then I ran 5 miles this morning at 4:30 am when it was 24 - yep TWENTY FOUR degrees out - officially the coldest I've ever run in - but still better than a dreadmill! it is a very weird feeling to be sweating and very cold at the same time. but I'm tired of trying to figure out time for the long distances. I'm trying to figure out when to run another 15 over thanksgiving and then an 18 and 20 over the holiday - it's tough and I'm just praying I don't get snow so I can do it outside and not on the dreadmill!

Happy running to all of you = we are getting close!

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #44
es45
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyfoo View Post
We'll have to get a group pic at the start of the half with everyone in costume! Is that fog in the background of your pic or is it dust from all of the color? Are you thinking of W&D next year? We'll have to talk

I threw my name in the lottery for the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC next April. Anyone else have races they know they're running in 2013?
Are you running in costume too? That is indeed color dust. Everyone gets a color packet to throw up at the end of the race. The race is so large that they do the start/finishes in waves so there are multiple color finishes. I think that one was the third or fourth.

I'm doing the W&D in 2013 for sure. My family plans to go since the girls are out of school but they get bored with the expo and are too tired for the after-race party so please let me know if you go; I would love to do all that with you. I also signed up for the Nike half in DC. Again the girls are tracked out and so they will travel with me but I need a runner buddy to hang out with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFanatic View Post
- the Schenectady Christmas parade - our church built this AMAZING pirate ship - the Jolly Roger - and my son got to be Peter Pan - we were even on the news - I posted the link to the tv site - we are in the picture as well as the video. that's my son as peter pan and I'm behind him in the white hat holding him. that was a late night and my son passed out in the middle of dinner at a diner!
I bet Isaac was excited to be on the news; so cute!

AFM: I missed my run this morning as I was picking up the turkey for Thursday. I'll run tonight and I'll do my long run tomorrow so that I can "rest" on Thursday. This time of the year reminds me that I am thankful for everyone on this team. I have learned from your struggles and setbacks, your advice, your race reports, and most of all, your encouragement. Can't wait to see many of you in January. Oh yeah, today is GOHARD (Globally Organized Hug A Runner Day) so virtual hugs to you all.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #45
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - We have lots of friends who do the events at F&W Festival, Scott has done one of the wine tasting events, but we have done none of the other dinners. We have a great time there. Take care of the achilles! Good luck with your NWM entry.

Elizabeth - Looks like you had fun with the run! Virtual hug back!

Kimberly - That was a great float!

AFM - Just a dog walk around the block, we are riding bikes up to the mailbox twice a day - once for morning paper - quite chilly this morning! - and once for the mail, so that is about 1.5 miles on the bikes, it has been getting windy as it warms up during the day. Today we are headed down to Ft. Collins, CO, so might miss the chance for a bike ride this afternoon.

Have a great day team!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: