Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #91
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I would have panicked too! I agree, she should have let you know there was a problem. It's not like it takes a very long time to send an email saying "I got your paperwork, but Disney made some mistakes and needs to send new one. I'll send them your way as soon as I receive them".
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #92
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I would have panicked too! I agree, she should have let you know there was a problem. It's not like it takes a very long time to send an email saying "I got your paperwork, but Disney made some mistakes and needs to send new one. I'll send them your way as soon as I receive them".
Exactly. She's been very nice so I'm not too upset, but I do wish she would have just given me a heads up so I knew what was going on. But I'm not going to keep dwelling on it, I'm going to be excited that in 8.5 days I'll be at WDW!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #93
PhoenixStrength

DAY 4, SUNDAY DECEMBER 2ND

I'll be getting up bright and early this morning and heading here:

As I always do, my first attraction will be this:

I'll probably get a FP for it either before or after my first ride. I'm looking forward to the new version, without the story and with the zebras!

I'll most likely do Pagani Forest Trail next, then hop on this:

And visit Rafiki's Planet Watch and Conservation Station. Once done there I'll head toward Asia (and hopefully see DeVine along the way) to do Majarajah Jungle Trek and then:

Once I ride that once or twice, or maybe three times, I'll head over to Dinoland:

For Dinosaur and Finding Nemo (can you believe I've never seen this?). Sometime along the way I'll grab lunch (at either Flame Tree or Pizzafari, depending on what I feel like). I also want to see Festival of the Lion King if I can, since I haven't seen it since 2008!

I'll ride KS with my Fastpass when it's time, and probably another time too, since I love it so much. Once the time rolls around I'll get a good spot for Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade and watch that, then head out to head to MK, for my second time of MVMCP.

This MVMCP will be all about the characters. I'll eat around 5pm, then get in line for my first character. Still trying to decide exactly who to start with, it will depend some on who I managed to see the first party. But I'm hoping to get great pictures like these ones from my first party in 2010 (Disclaimer, I hate these pictures as I was 40lbs heavier than I am now, but oh well, they are all I have!):

And my favorite character interaction ever...

If you haven't seen me posting about this before, here is why they were my favorite interaction: They were the very last characters I met with, right before the party ended. There was no one else in line so they talked to me for about 10 minutes. They found out I'm from Maryland, and we started talking about crabcakes. Tiana was telling me she had never had one before, and when she heard the term "crabcake" she pictured a sheet-cake like food item made of crab meat instead of cake. Once I explained they were more like burgers than cakes, which disappointed her a bit. Then they told me about the time they invited Ariel over for dinner and made the mistake of serving seafood. Apparently Sebastian and Flounder still wouldn't talk to them, and Ariel wasn't thrilled either but finally forgave them. Lesson of the night: Never serve seafood when Ariel is over. They were just both so amazingly nice and hilarious, and stayed completely in character the whole time.

Anyway, I plan on staying until the very end of the party and hopefully getting every character I didn't get Thursday, but I know I'll probably miss some. Once the party is over I'll head back to POP to sleep!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #94
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Your day 4 plans sound jam packed and great! I never seem to spend much time at AK, and I know I really need to. Most trips I end up skipping it.

Your pictures are great, even if you don't like seeing your old self in them. You must like them a little because the change in you is great! I am also done 40, hoping for 80 more by this time next year.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013
DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #95
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Yea for Animal Kingdom! I love that park.

I saw the Finding Nemo show in 2010 and thought it was just ok. Granted, Finding Nemo is not on my list of favorite Disney movies so maybe that was why. Glad I saw it but am not in a rush to see it again. FOLK on the other hand, I could see over and over!

Oh, and congratulations on the weight loss. I lost 25 pounds a few years ago and I know how hard that can be to do!
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #96
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Your day 4 plans sound jam packed and great! I never seem to spend much time at AK, and I know I really need to. Most trips I end up skipping it.

Your pictures are great, even if you don't like seeing your old self in them. You must like them a little because the change in you is great! I am also done 40, hoping for 80 more by this time next year.
I really love AK, but I'm a huge animal fan so it's a no brainer for me!

Thanks, it is nice to see how far I've come, but I cringe a bit knowing I let myself get that way. Good job on your weight loss so far, and good luck on losing the rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Yea for Animal Kingdom! I love that park.

I saw the Finding Nemo show in 2010 and thought it was just ok. Granted, Finding Nemo is not on my list of favorite Disney movies so maybe that was why. Glad I saw it but am not in a rush to see it again. FOLK on the other hand, I could see over and over!

Oh, and congratulations on the weight loss. I lost 25 pounds a few years ago and I know how hard that can be to do!
I want to see Nemo since I've never seen it (the show, seen the movie and LOVE it!). I loved FotLK last time I saw it!

Thanks, congrats to you too!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #97
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Hey everyone! Haven't been on for a few days, as I've been pretty busy. It's only going to get worse over the next 5 days, so I thought I better get in a post tonight! I'll be back shortly with my Day 4 plans, but first, my moment of panic from yesterday:

So, I booked thru a TA, Small World, because it was the only way to get Free Dining if you were staying less than 6 nights (I'm there 5). Your Mickey Mail gets sent to your TA, and she said she would send it to me so I would receive it two weeks before I leave. I still hadn't gotten it by Saturday, so I emailed her Sunday. Got a reply back that the original paperwork they got several weeks ago was wrong, had the wrong number of ticket days and something else, so she had requested new paperwork and it still hadn't arrived. Thankfully she email me this morning to say they got the correct paperwork in and was sending it priority mail to me. While I'm relieved, I'm also a little that I wasn't told any of this until I asked. I kinda wish I had been given a heads up so I wasn't panicking when I didn't get my MM on time. But, oh well, at least I know it's on it's way now and is correct.

Be back soon with Day 4!
You had every right to be upset. I think that the agent should have called you when they received the first set of paperwork even if it was incorrect. Thank goodness your correct package is on it's way to you.

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #98
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You had every right to be upset. I think that the agent should have called you when they received the first set of paperwork even if it was incorrect. Thank goodness your correct package is on it's way to you.
I definitely think she should have called me, but I'm just trying to focus on being excited about my trip and forgetting being mad about that. Especially since I know I should receive my MM today

Old 11-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #99
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I liked Nemo, but it wasn't my favorite. It was Ron's favorite though, and we will be watching it again this January.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #100
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love your plans for this day. And I have to tell you that your pictures from the Christmas party have me so excited that I can hardly stand it.

If I don't get back here, have a Happy Thanksgiving.

KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #101
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I liked Nemo, but it wasn't my favorite. It was Ron's favorite though, and we will be watching it again this January.
I've heard it's just okay from several people, but I do want to at least see it once so I can decide for myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love your plans for this day. And I have to tell you that your pictures from the Christmas party have me so excited that I can hardly stand it.

If I don't get back here, have a Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm so excited for you that you get to enjoy your first MVMCP soon! I am most excited about my 2 MVMCPs for my trip! You will really love it, even if you don't get many characters in, just the parade, atmosphere and Holiday Wishes were worth it to me. The special characters just add to it!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #102
SAT887
DIS Veteran

I love that your doing two MVMCP!! I'm excited for date night with DH and have a feeling it will be more about the rides and parade with him. Which is okay with me he has missed out on some rides for the sake of time on past trips. I do have PP+ so there will be some photo ops!!

Congrats on the weight loss Lots of hard work but you look awesome!! I don't dare post my last trips pic... I was about 75lbs heavier than I am now....
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #103
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I love that your doing two MVMCP!! I'm excited for date night with DH and have a feeling it will be more about the rides and parade with him. Which is okay with me he has missed out on some rides for the sake of time on past trips. I do have PP+ so there will be some photo ops!!

Congrats on the weight loss Lots of hard work but you look awesome!! I don't dare post my last trips pic... I was about 75lbs heavier than I am now....
Whatever you do, I'm sure you guys will enjoy it. It will be a perfect date night for sure!

Thank you very much, and congrats on your weight loss! I'm really excited to not be embarrassed by how I look in the pictures this vacation.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #104
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

Whatever you do, I'm sure you guys will enjoy it. It will be a perfect date night for sure!

Thank you very much, and congrats on your weight loss! I'm really excited to not be embarrassed by how I look in the pictures this vacation.
Isn't that awesome? I am not a huge clothes shopper but I never thought I'd enjoy buying and trying things on! I even have dresses I've always been very overweight so to be healthy and fit is pretty exciting! No need to hide behind DH or kids! I still have a weird self image but I'm sure that will fade over time. I've spent my entire life behind the camera because I was embarrassed now I can be out front

Now the real challenge keeping it off!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #105
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Isn't that awesome? I am not a huge clothes shopper but I never thought I'd enjoy buying and trying things on! I even have dresses I've always been very overweight so to be healthy and fit is pretty exciting! No need to hide behind DH or kids! I still have a weird self image but I'm sure that will fade over time. I've spent my entire life behind the camera because I was embarrassed now I can be out front

Now the real challenge keeping it off!!
Yeah, I love trying on clothes now and finding that the cute stuff fits!! The self image will take time I'm sure, I'm still somewhat like that too.

The best way to keep it off, is to look at those old pictures of yourself, and remember what that felt like, physically and emotionally. That's what helps keep me from going back to my old ways!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: