Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #76
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I would love to see the AKL decorated for Christmas! I'm not sure if we will make it over that way though this trip.

As for the Poly everything I've read about it says the Christmas decorations are not that great compared to the other deluxes.

The Contemporary has a large tree made out of gingerbread so that might be worth seeing.

From everything I've read, the ones recommended the most to visit at Christmas are GF, AKL, BC (carousel made out of Gingerbread) and WL.

It sounds like you will have a lot of fun at MVMCP!
I've heard that about Poly too, but thought I'd ask opinions on here too.

I do plan on visiting BC too, probably my last day there.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #77
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Disney does such a good job at decorating for Christmas!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #78
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I agree with Pluto. Poly doesnt do any huge decorations like the other deluxes, but if you are on the monorail anyway, it wouldnt take much time to stop there. I didnt do the Epcot resorts so I definitely want to see them this year.
Your trip is so close!!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #79
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Disney does such a good job at decorating for Christmas!
Don't they? I've never seen the resorts, as when I went in 2010 it was the beginning of November and they hadn't gotten them up yet. I did get to see the parks though, minus Epcot since they decorate late too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I agree with Pluto. Poly doesnt do any huge decorations like the other deluxes, but if you are on the monorail anyway, it wouldnt take much time to stop there. I didnt do the Epcot resorts so I definitely want to see them this year.
Your trip is so close!!!!
If I have time I will stop by Poly, but I'll probably skip it. I do want to do the Epcot resorts, just won't that day, unless I manage to go very fast thru the others!

It is so close, two weeks from tomorrow!!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #80
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I love your revised plans for arrival day. I would love to see AKL for Christmas, but doubt we will have the time so take a lot of pictures for me.

for 2 parties!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #81
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love your revised plans for arrival day. I would love to see AKL for Christmas, but doubt we will have the time so take a lot of pictures for me.

for 2 parties!
I will take a TON of pictures, don't worry

I'm so excited to do 2 parties now!!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #82
PhoenixStrength

DAY 3, SATURDAY DECEMBER 1ST

This will be my DHS day! They have EMH AM hours, so I'll be getting up early (after spending a late night at Epcot!) to get there before the 8am opening. I will, of course, run right here:

I will grab a FP and then get in the stand-by line. After my ride I will head over to ride these 2 next:

After that I will just wing it for the rest of the daytime to be honest. I want to see Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid, as I've NEVER watched either. I know I'll ride each of these at least once:

And do this at least once too:

And Backlot Studio Tour too, in case they really are eliminating it. I'll use my FP for TSMM whenever it's time, and I know I'll do ToT and RnRC each multiple times.

Meals wise, I have no idea. None of the CS places at DHS are all that great. I'll probably do either lunch or dinner at Pizza Planet, as they are alright. Maybe try ABC Commissary since Lisa said it's better now.

Once it gets close to dark I'll head over to Streets of America for this:

I'll take a TON of pictures, and get my picture taken with Santa Goofy. Whenever I get my fill there I will head over for more rides on whatever I feel like doing!

When the park closes I will head right back to POP for SLEEP since they close early (I think 8, I don't have that in front of me right now) and I will be short of sleep at that point from the previous 2 nights of being out past midnight.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #83
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Plans sound great for your DHS day. May I suggest Starring Rolls for one of your meals? The sandwiches are huge...but they are so good.

I also heard a rumor that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is also being replaced with something on Raphunzel....so definitely see if it you can.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #84
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Plans sound great for your DHS day. May I suggest Starring Rolls for one of your meals? The sandwiches are huge...but they are so good.

I also heard a rumor that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is also being replaced with something on Raphunzel....so definitely see if it you can.
Oh yes, I forgot about Starring Rolls! I do want to try there. I wanted to in February, but they closed early so I didn't get to.

I heard that rumor too, which I why I am making sure to see both shows this trip.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #85
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

We ate at Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary on our DHS day last year. DH actually requested ABC again. We just had burgers, but I guess he really liked his.
I hadnt heard that rumor about Little Mermaid. Will have to make sure I see it again.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #86
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day at DHS. If everything they say is changing there does, the park is going to be completely different in a few years!

December 1st is our departure day.

But, we may run into you again! I'm considering DHS for EMH that morning. We have till about 2 pm before we have to head back to the resort to catch the DME so I was thinking about one more ride on TSM. It will depend on what time we get up and out that morning as we will have to pack and take our bags to the Custom House before we head out.
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #87
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
We ate at Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary on our DHS day last year. DH actually requested ABC again. We just had burgers, but I guess he really liked his.
I hadnt heard that rumor about Little Mermaid. Will have to make sure I see it again.
I haven't seen the VoLM rumor as often as the Backlot Studio Tour, but I did see a few things about it possibly closing and since I've never seen it I want to make sure I do just in case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Sounds like a great day at DHS. If everything they say is changing there does, the park is going to be completely different in a few years!

December 1st is our departure day.

But, we may run into you again! I'm considering DHS for EMH that morning. We have till about 2 pm before we have to head back to the resort to catch the DME so I was thinking about one more ride on TSM. It will depend on what time we get up and out that morning as we will have to pack and take our bags to the Custom House before we head out.
I'll definitely keep an eye out for you that morning, just in case. I really need to post a picture of my backpack, just in case. I keep forgetting.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #88
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

We tried ABC commissary last trip and it wasn't awful. It was your basic fast-food meal, nothing special, but nothing bad. Service was slow as heck though.

I vote for a cupcake from Starring Rolls for breakfast/early lunch.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #89
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
We tried ABC commissary last trip and it wasn't awful. It was your basic fast-food meal, nothing special, but nothing bad. Service was slow as heck though.

I vote for a cupcake from Starring Rolls for breakfast/early lunch.
Thanks for the opinion on ABC Commissary. And I'll definitely be getting at least a cupcake from Starring Rolls!!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #90
PhoenixStrength

Hey everyone! Haven't been on for a few days, as I've been pretty busy. It's only going to get worse over the next 5 days, so I thought I better get in a post tonight! I'll be back shortly with my Day 4 plans, but first, my moment of panic from yesterday:

So, I booked thru a TA, Small World, because it was the only way to get Free Dining if you were staying less than 6 nights (I'm there 5). Your Mickey Mail gets sent to your TA, and she said she would send it to me so I would receive it two weeks before I leave. I still hadn't gotten it by Saturday, so I emailed her Sunday. Got a reply back that the original paperwork they got several weeks ago was wrong, had the wrong number of ticket days and something else, so she had requested new paperwork and it still hadn't arrived. Thankfully she email me this morning to say they got the correct paperwork in and was sending it priority mail to me. While I'm relieved, I'm also a little that I wasn't told any of this until I asked. I kinda wish I had been given a heads up so I wasn't panicking when I didn't get my MM on time. But, oh well, at least I know it's on it's way now and is correct.

Be back soon with Day 4!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: