Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #46
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I miss the old character meals! I remember going on the Empress Lily (now Fulton's) and Chef Mickey's in DTD! Empress Lily was my all time favorite. Now it's a toss up between Chef Mickey and the Crystal Palace.... I am very excited for CRT as well because I probably haven't eaten there since the mid 90's when it wasKing Stefan's!
I hope I get another character meal in, but if I don't I'll be okay!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #47
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

That's going to be fun, eating in the castle!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #48
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
That's going to be fun, eating in the castle!
Yes it is!!!!

Old 11-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #49
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

I hope I get another character meal in, but if I don't I'll be okay!
I've have done well with ADRs at the last minute - so keep looking and I bet something turns up!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #50
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound wonderful. We have never eaten in the Castle...our sons always said they wouldn't be caught dead eating with Princesses. Boy things changed when they got older and they are both deeply involved with "princesses."

I hope your room is ready...we've been able to get into our room between 10 and 11 a.m. on several occasions.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #51
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I've have done well with ADRs at the last minute - so keep looking and I bet something turns up!!
I'm looking a few times a day, that's how I got CRT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Your plans sound wonderful. We have never eaten in the Castle...our sons always said they wouldn't be caught dead eating with Princesses. Boy things changed when they got older and they are both deeply involved with "princesses."

I hope your room is ready...we've been able to get into our room between 10 and 11 a.m. on several occasions.
Aww...you should eat in the Castle for a girls trip then!

I hope my room is ready too, but am not expecting it so I won't be disappointed if it's not

Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #52
PhoenixStrength

Happy Wednesday all, hope you are all doing well! No matter who you voted for, what your political offiliations are, and how happy you are with the election results, I think we can all be happy about one thing today....

NO MORE POLITCAL ADS OR PHONE CALLS!!!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #53
PhoenixStrength

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30TH

I'll be getting up around 7am via a Disney wake-up call, and once I get ready I'll be heading to this bus stop:

Once they let us in I will be heading to the right to go to this building:

And riding this, after getting a Fastpass for it.

After Soarin' I will probably go here:

To eat the only breakfast I eat at WDW every trip:

Once I finish eating I'll enjoy a nice boat ride on Living with the Land while my stomach settles from all that food. If my FP for Soarin' is ready I'll ride that again. If not I'll head to my next pavillion:

I'll ride Nemo and visit with the animals for a while before heading across to Spaceship Earth and Mission:Space. I'm bummed that TT won't be open until a week after I'm there, but I'm crossing my fingers for a soft opening! If not I'll probably take a ride with Ellen on Universe of Energy and spend some time in Innovations East and West.

Depending on time I will probably next head over to:

And head into here:

To enjoy the gorgeous pavillion and chase Donald on the Gran Fiesta Tour. If I still have some time I'll head next door to enjoy this pavillion:

And will ride this:

Probably by then I'll need to head back over to Future World and The Seas because I have a 1:20pm ADR at Coral Reef Restaurant! This will be my second new restaurant this trip I booked it with the Candlelight Processional Package. I'm still deciding exactly what I will order, but whatever it is I will take pictures. I'm really hoping to get close to the aquarium too, but no matter what I'll be happy I'm there.

After lunch I'll probably head back toward World Showcase, this time starting at Canada, since it's closer. I'll watch the video, since I missed it last time, then head over to the UK. After some pictures, and maybe some music if they are performing, I'll head into France.

I'll continue around the World Showcase, stopping for my 5pm Candlight Processional time with Whoppi Goldberg!

I know while I'm in Japan I will stop in to do Pick A Pearl, because I can't avoid it, even if I try!

I will probably eat dinner here:

Mostly because I love their Smores dessert.

I'll make my way thru the rest of World Showcase and then get a good spot for Illuminations, which will be easier since I get a preferred seating with the Candlelight Processional. Afterward I won't have to leave, as Epcot has EMH until 12:30am! I don't know exactly what I will do, probably re-ride a few things and explore things I had to skip or rush thru earlier. Once I'm done and too tired to keep going I'll head back to POP for the night.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #54
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Your plans for Epcot sound pretty much like what Mom and I will do.

I am also hoping for a soft opening for TT. I have a feeling we will be stalking that area a bit!

You will love your lunch at Coral Reef! Even if you don't get right up against the aquarium, the restaurant is situated so that all the tables can see. We were on the second tier up last time and I liked it because you could see the whole aquarium rather than being right on top of it. Say hi to the 100 year old turtle for me if he's still there.

We may just bump into you this evening! We plan on heading into Epcot for EMH after dinner at Cape May Cafe and time exploring the Boardwalk. Not sure what we will do that night, probably whatever we didn't get to on our full Epcot day. I'll be on the lookout for your pink backpack and camera!

Last edited by Pluto0809; 11-09-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #55
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Your plans for your day at Epcot sounds wonderful. I am jealous that you'll get to see the Candelight Processional with Whoopi Goldberg.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #56
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Your plans for Epcot sound pretty much like what Mom and I will do.

I am also hoping for a soft opening for TT. I have a feeling we will be stalking that area a bit!

You will love your lunch at Coral Reef! Even if you don't get right up against the aquarium, the restaurant is situated so that all the tables can see. We were on the second tier up last time and I liked it because you could see the whole aquarium rather than being right on top of it. Say hi to the 100 year old turtle for me if he's still there.

We may just bump into you this evening! We plan on heading into Epcot for EMH after dinner at Cape May Cafe and time exploring the Boardwalk. Not sure what we will do that night, probably whatever we didn't get to on our full Epcot day. I'll be on the lookout for your pink backpack and camera!
I was so glad to see on the Roll Call thread that they are doing a soft opening, now I just hope it's going on while I'm there.

I might have to post a picture of my backpack so you know what to look for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Your plans for your day at Epcot sounds wonderful. I am jealous that you'll get to see the Candelight Processional with Whoopi Goldberg.
Thanks, I'm really excited for it! I wasn't going to do it at first, but since I don't know when I'll be back during the holiday season I might as well do it this time!

Old 11-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #57
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Your plans sound amazing. Epcot is my fav park. Seeing Whoopi will be fun as hell. How cool is that? Make sure you get some great pictures of that for us.
captaindavidhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #58
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Your plans sound amazing. Epcot is my fav park. Seeing Whoopi will be fun as hell. How cool is that? Make sure you get some great pictures of that for us.
I'm very excited to see her, and will definitely get lots of pictures

Old 11-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #59
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Your plans for Day 2 sound great! I really think you will enjoy Coral Reef and I'm so glad you decided to go there for your lunch for the CP.

Also, we really like Liberty Inn...it gets slammed a lot on here, but we have always found the food good (I especially like the chicken fingers and the pulled pork sandwich).
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #60
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Your plans for Day 2 sound great! I really think you will enjoy Coral Reef and I'm so glad you decided to go there for your lunch for the CP.

Also, we really like Liberty Inn...it gets slammed a lot on here, but we have always found the food good (I especially like the chicken fingers and the pulled pork sandwich).
I think I will like Coral Reef too Worst comes to worse I will enjoy the aquarium

I like Liberty Inn too. Last trip I had the chicken fingers and the Smores desert. I found it all quite good! I take what people say on here with a grain of salt when it comes to food, since everyone has different tastes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: