Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

TRIP OUTLINE

When: November 29-December 4, 2012

Where: Walt Disney World, or more specifically POP Century Resort @ WDW

Why: Umm...cause it's WDW? Do I need more of a reason

Who: Most-likely, probably, in all likelihood, just me! So, my 3rd solo trip to WDW

Now for the daily, brief, breakdown, to be elaborated on later.

November 29: Flight lands at 9:10am, DME to POP, check-in, get stuff settled in my room then head to AK for the afternoon. I have an ADR for Rainforest Cafe at AK for 5:30pm. Tour resorts after dinner to look at Christmas decorations.

November 30th: Epcot all day, including EMH until 12:30am. I am doing the CP at 5pm (yay for Whoopi Goldberg!), have lunch scheduled with the package at Biergarten, though I'm thinking I will change this to Coral Reef. Any opinions on this???

December 1: Hollywood Studios all day, including AM EMH. Maybe DTD after.

December 2: AK until 4pm-ish, then MVMCP til midnight.

December 3: MK all day, including EMH until 11pm.

December 4: Finish touring any resorts I didn't get to before, and DTD. Be on DME around 3pm to head home

Oh, and the reason for the title of this PTR. There is a very small chance my friend Steve may join me for part or all of this trip, but it's unlikely so I think it will be another solo trip. But who knows? Either way, I know this trip will be great!

And I'll be there 4 weeks from today!!!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
TRIP OUTLINE

Who: Most-likely, probably, in all likelihood, just me! So, my 3rd solo trip to WDW

November 29: Flight lands at 9:10am, DME to POP, check-in, get stuff settled in my room then head to AK for the afternoon. I have an ADR for Rainforest Cafe at AK for 5:30pm. Tour resorts after dinner to look at Christmas decorations.

November 30th: Epcot all day, including EMH until 12:30am. I am doing the CP at 5pm (yay for Whoopi Goldberg!), have lunch scheduled with the package at Biergarten, though I'm thinking I will change this to Coral Reef. Any opinions on this???

December 4: Finish touring any resorts I didn't get to before, and DTD. Be on DME around 3pm to head home

Oh, and the reason for the title of this PTR. There is a very small chance my friend Steve may join me for part or all of this trip, but it's unlikely so I think it will be another solo trip. But who knows? Either way, I know this trip will be great!

On coral reef vs Biergarten - I have heard really great things about Biergarten, live entertainment, good food & fun and its loud! Coral Reef I have heard mediocre reviews on food but the aquarium feel is awesome. We are doing Coral Reef this year because it will really be a good experience for my kids who love aquariums. I have been before but the not since 04... I want to one day try Biergarten because it sounds like so much fun.
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
On coral reef vs Biergarten - I have heard really great things about Biergarten, live entertainment, good food & fun and its loud! Coral Reef I have heard mediocre reviews on food but the aquarium feel is awesome. We are doing Coral Reef this year because it will really be a good experience for my kids who love aquariums. I have been before but the not since 04... I want to one day try Biergarten because it sounds like so much fun.
I have never been to Coral Reef, but I have been to Biergarten for dinner, in 2008 on a trip with my sisters. I did enjoy the food and entertainment, but I don't remember much about it as one of my sisters was very sick that night and we were trying to get thru dinner without her...ummm...returning it back to the restaurant. She was able to eat bread and loved that they had quite an assortment!

Old 11-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #19
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have never been to Coral Reef, but I have been to Biergarten for dinner, in 2008 on a trip with my sisters. I did enjoy the food and entertainment, but I don't remember much about it as one of my sisters was very sick that night and we were trying to get thru dinner without her...ummm...returning it back to the restaurant. She was able to eat bread and loved that they had quite an assortment!
I think from your family of fur babies, love of AK you would enjoy Coral Reef if you are looking for a new experience. Also as a solo trip I could see myself just watching the tank!!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #20
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

We may cross paths on Nov 30th or Dec 1st! We are planning on Epcot in the evening of the 30th after a 7 pm dinner at Cape May Cafe.

December 1st is our departure day but we have the morning to do stuff. No concrete plans yet for that day. One of the options on the table is DHS for a few hours in the morning. I think it's going to depend on how early we get packed and out of the room.

I've never eaten at Biergarten but Coral Reef is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. I love the atmosphere and the Bailey's Chocolate Mousse is my favorite dessert. I thought the food was good but I don't have a very sophisticated palate so take that with a grain of salt. Being an animal lover myself, I was facinated by the aquarium. One of the sea turtles was sitting by the window and our server told us he was over 100 years old.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #21
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
TRIP OUTLINE

Just looking at your outline and we will be in the parks on similar days, Sat night HS, MVMCP on Sunday and MK Monday night!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
Tangelders Ahoy
Mouseketeer

We will be at MK on the 3rd all day/night also!! Is it lonely going on solo trips?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
I think from your family of fur babies, love of AK you would enjoy Coral Reef if you are looking for a new experience. Also as a solo trip I could see myself just watching the tank!!
This is why I think I will switch it. I would love the tank alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
We may cross paths on Nov 30th or Dec 1st! We are planning on Epcot in the evening of the 30th after a 7 pm dinner at Cape May Cafe.

December 1st is our departure day but we have the morning to do stuff. No concrete plans yet for that day. One of the options on the table is DHS for a few hours in the morning. I think it's going to depend on how early we get packed and out of the room.

I've never eaten at Biergarten but Coral Reef is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. I love the atmosphere and the Bailey's Chocolate Mousse is my favorite dessert. I thought the food was good but I don't have a very sophisticated palate so take that with a grain of salt. Being an animal lover myself, I was facinated by the aquarium. One of the sea turtles was sitting by the window and our server told us he was over 100 years old.
Well, if you see me come say hello! My picture is on the first post here, and I will have on a pink checked backpack with a Nikon around my neck taking pictrues constantly!

I don't have a very sophisticated palate either, so I'll probably like it too!

Quote:
Just looking at your outline and we will be in the parks on similar days, Sat night HS, MVMCP on Sunday and MK Monday night!
Definitely say hi if you happen to see me. As I said above, I will definitely have on my pink checkered backpack (with LGMH) and my camera snapping away, so I should be easy enough to identify!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangelders Ahoy View Post
We will be at MK on the 3rd all day/night also!! Is it lonely going on solo trips?
I've never been lonely on my other 2 solo trips. To be fair, I am pretty independent by nature, but you never feel alone at WDW. The CMs talk to you, the other guests in ques will talk to you, there is so much going on. I really enjoy it!

Old 11-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #24
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Plans sound awesome.

I am going to pipe in on Biergarten v. Coral Reef.

Biergarten USED to be a favorite of ours. But DH and I ate there in 2010, and we were VERY disappointed in it. The food was not that good at all (how do you have chicken schnitzel and NOT veal schnitzel). The best part of the meal was the dessert and our wonderful tablemates.

We ate at Coral Reef in September (and I always ate there in January on my girls trip) and loved everything about it.

If it were me, I'd make the switch for a much better meal (and the advantage of being able to watch the fish in the tank is worth it).

I'm still kicking myself that we are missing you by 2 or 3 days.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #25
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

Well, if you see me come say hello! My picture is on the first post here, and I will have on a pink checked backpack with a Nikon around my neck taking pictrues constantly!

I don't have a very sophisticated palate either, so I'll probably like it too!
I will definitely say hello if I see you. If you want to see a pic of me, click on the link in my signature.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #26
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Plans sound awesome.

I am going to pipe in on Biergarten v. Coral Reef.

Biergarten USED to be a favorite of ours. But DH and I ate there in 2010, and we were VERY disappointed in it. The food was not that good at all (how do you have chicken schnitzel and NOT veal schnitzel). The best part of the meal was the dessert and our wonderful tablemates.

We ate at Coral Reef in September (and I always ate there in January on my girls trip) and loved everything about it.

If it were me, I'd make the switch for a much better meal (and the advantage of being able to watch the fish in the tank is worth it).

I'm still kicking myself that we are missing you by 2 or 3 days.
That settles it then. I was mostly doing Biergarten since I had enjoyed it in 2008 and it is $20 cheaper, but I'd rather pay the extra $20 and have a new experience with food that looks pretty darn tasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I will definitely say hello if I see you. If you want to see a pic of me, click on the link in my signature.
Done! I'll comment once I get a chance to read it

Old 11-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

I read your WDW itinerary and it reminded me of when DW and I visited that time of year 2 years ago. We absolutely loved it! If the decorations don't get you in the Christmas spirit, there's no hope. Of course you need to see the decorations at the GF but don't forget BWV and BCV as well. All the resorts have great decorations but it's nice going to the WS in EPCOT to see the various country's decorations too. When we were there, the night before we were to see Candlelight Processional, the temp dropped to the 50's which made it that much more Christmas-like considering it had been in the upper 80's the days before. Our narrator at CP was John O'Hurley of Seinfeld fame and he was great. Can't wait to see your TR. If you want a "fix" before you go, visit our TR link below.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV F&W | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV

MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek - BCV-Oct13 (TR In Progress)
Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey - Aulani-Sep12
Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? | BLT/VWL; May2012-Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
AKV/BWV; Nov/Dec2010; No Kids; Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
OKW; May2010; DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #28
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Greetings from New Jersey everyone!!! Just got back power the other day. Just got cable/wifi today. Glad that ordeal is over. Thank you Steph aka Buzz Lightyear sniper for the pm about your new thread. I will look forward to reading it and catching up on your report. Good to be back.
captaindavidhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I read your WDW itinerary and it reminded me of when DW and I visited that time of year 2 years ago. We absolutely loved it! If the decorations don't get you in the Christmas spirit, there's no hope. Of course you need to see the decorations at the GF but don't forget BWV and BCV as well. All the resorts have great decorations but it's nice going to the WS in EPCOT to see the various country's decorations too. When we were there, the night before we were to see Candlelight Processional, the temp dropped to the 50's which made it that much more Christmas-like considering it had been in the upper 80's the days before. Our narrator at CP was John O'Hurley of Seinfeld fame and he was great. Can't wait to see your TR. If you want a "fix" before you go, visit our TR link below.
I visited the beginning of November in 2010 and went to the first MVMCP for the year and the first lighting of Osborne lights too, but no resorts had their decorations up yet, nor did Epcot have anything going on.

I plan on making sure to see GF, BCV, BWC, YCV, WL and AKL for their decorations, then anywhere else I can fit in once those are done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Greetings from New Jersey everyone!!! Just got back power the other day. Just got cable/wifi today. Glad that ordeal is over. Thank you Steph aka Buzz Lightyear sniper for the pm about your new thread. I will look forward to reading it and catching up on your report. Good to be back.
So glad you made it thru Sandy okay and got back power, cable and wifi again. I just started so you don't have too much to catch up on yet!

Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #30
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

So glad you made it thru Sandy okay and got back power, cable and wifi again. I just started so you don't have too much to catch up on yet![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the kind words. We are having some issues still but right now, we are ok. I am enjoying your report. I hope you eat at Biegarten. I want to eat there and hope you do, so I can get a liver report lol Also the food sounds really good and how you not enjoy a band playing German Music. Sounds like a fun time all around.
captaindavidhook is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: