Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #1591
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,485

Meanwhile, if anyone would like to play - Where is this?

__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #1592
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
You just went up for the evening? You worked all day Friday, drove to DW and drove back?!

Do you have any pictures? Where did you meet Jeff?
Yes just for the night. Left work about 4:45, was in the park just before 8, left at 1:30am and was home by 4.

We met up after their dinner at Marrakesh. Jeff and Emily are a very nice couple. It was great meeting them. We watched the Illuminations show, talked and when they went back to POFQ I went back to shoot some more empty park pics.

On the way back i went on Spaceship Earth first to find the Egyptian picture that i thought was there and guess what...didn't see it. 16 is settling in

Walking out of that i ran into a local drag racer and his family. Never ran into someone like that before.

I do have a few pics but i have not downloaded them into the laptop yet.

About 11:30 a light fog started to roll in so i went i Test Track. I was on the ride in 10 minutes. When i got out the fog had become fairly dense and just settled in on the park. It really didn't help the pics i was taking. By the time i walked out if you stood at the front of the big fountains and looked back to Spaceship Earth you really could not see the top, it was that dense. Driving home for the first 1 1/2 hours visability was no more than 1/4 of a mile. It all cleared up about 1 hour from home. I have not seen fog that thick in a very long time.
__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #1593
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwreck View Post
Bad new and more bad news

It's our last day in DW

And

My camera just messed up or something and it looks like I lost 1000+ pictures but will have to wait till we get home and plug it into computer and see


Sounds like another trip back up. Welcome to SunDials camera rentals. Payment is really cheap. 1 bag of York Peppermint Patties. I will take care of freezing them before eating.

It was great meeting you and Emily. Hopefully it is something really simple. Maybe it could be a loose SD card. That would suck to lose them all
__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #1594
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Meanwhile, if anyone would like to play - Where is this?

Is this from a display at a resort?
__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #1595
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDial View Post
Yes just for the night. Left work about 4:45, was in the park just before 8, left at 1:30am and was home by 4.

We met up after their dinner at Marrakesh. Jeff and Emily are a very nice couple. It was great meeting them. We watched the Illuminations show, talked and when they went back to POFQ I went back to shoot some more empty park pics.

On the way back i went on Spaceship Earth first to find the Egyptian picture that i thought was there and guess what...didn't see it. 16 is settling in

Walking out of that i ran into a local drag racer and his family. Never ran into someone like that before.

I do have a few pics but i have not downloaded them into the laptop yet.

About 11:30 a light fog started to roll in so i went i Test Track. I was on the ride in 10 minutes. When i got out the fog had become fairly dense and just settled in on the park. It really didn't help the pics i was taking. By the time i walked out if you stood at the front of the big fountains and looked back to Spaceship Earth you really could not see the top, it was that dense. Driving home for the first 1 1/2 hours visability was no more than 1/4 of a mile. It all cleared up about 1 hour from home. I have not seen fog that thick in a very long time.
I'm glad you made it home safely!! Fog can be so dangerous on the highways. Isn't that what caused that 100+ car accident in Texas recently?

I still can't get over how you can work all day and then be able to go ride Test Track and Spaceship Earth. And wake up in your own bed Sat morning!!! Meanwhile it will be a long day of traveling for Jeff and Emily to get home!
__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #1596
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDial View Post
Is this from a display at a resort?
It is not from a resort and not a seasonal display. It's always there.

__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #1597
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
It is not from a resort and not a seasonal display. It's always there.

Is it from the MK?

And i am loading the pics now.
__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #1598
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDial View Post
Is it from the MK?

And i am loading the pics now.
Nope. Not from a resort and not from the MK.
__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #1599
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Nope. Not from a resort and not from the MK.
Epcot? one of the WS countries?
__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #1600
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #1601
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #1602
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

Look past the tree and you can see how thick the fog was getting


__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #1603
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

The difference of no fog and fog



__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #1604
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #1605
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PBG, FL
Posts: 12,103

__________________
Ed 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions
SunDial is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: