Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #91
Faldred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
This post was hijacked from my brain...
Except for the Star Wars land by 2015...Disney construction does not move that fast anymore
They could if they really wanted to. The slow pace is primarily based on trying to disrupt the rest of the parks as little as possible. For something this major, they may be willing to suffer a little more "growing pains" to capitalize on the renewal of the Star Wars franchise. (Or may not, of course.)

I think this wold be easier at DHS anyway, where the likely place to build a Star Wars land would be in "corner" of the park that would be fairly easy to isolate from the rest of the place. Maybe the same level of disruption as the Fantasyland expansion, or slightly higher if they're going to accelerate the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk N Tink View Post
I guess that now with Star Wars + Marvel + Pirates Disney can finally stop complaining they have nothing for the boy market.
That a big +1 here!

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare

Last edited by Faldred; 10-31-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #92
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE4DISNEY View Post
Just scrolled across AP Business Wire!! Star Wars Land is a real possibility!!

Take that Harry Potter!

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disn...-lucasfilm-ltd

http://www.4-traders.com/THE-WALT-DI...-Ltd-15445015/
I wonder how long this has been in the pipe line, looks like Disney is adding more the the table in response to Harry Potter World, which by the way is worth a visit!

As an avid Star Wars fan I can't wait to see the story continue as my three boys are becoming fans as well. They have gone as far as to ask me what happens next?
To try and explain it all has been a mission!

For anyone interested, there are some snippets on Wookiepedia as to George Lucas's ideas.

As for Mr Lucas. he may have sold the rights, however it wont be Star Wars without Lucasarts design team. Lets not forget that it may be George's brain child, however like so many leaders, there is a great support team behind him!

TPH

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Tinkerpeas hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #93
pbrim
Mouseketeer

This could be quite good for the SW franchise. I understand that Lucas will be involved in film 7, but it has been clear for some time that he needs someone with the power to tell him "Uh, George? You want to re-think that?"

As to a new movie,the idea from the beginning was that there would be three trilogies about three generations, with R2D2 and 3CPO as the only characters in all 9 movies. The story is that Lucas' wife got part of future profits from the franchise in the divorce, which led to such a long gap between 4-6 and 1-3, until they could reach a settlement.

Disney Land: 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1969, Oct 1994; Oct 2014
Disney World: AKL Oct 2009, WL Nov 2011, POFQ May 2014
pbrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #94
bgrego
Earning My Ears

These are a few of my favoirte things...

Disney has given us a new Muppet Movie (which actually made money) and reached out to Jason Segal to write it. Great Move

Released a Joss Whedon directed Marvel Movie (which made a ton of money) and instantly gave the fan favorite whedon control for a sequel and tv series.
And we know its only a matter of time before all the parks but DisneyWorld will be getting themepark attractions.

Has Johnny Depp starting what could be a new franchise in the Lone Ranger.

Disney animation is releasing Wreck-it-Ralph, and it could actually be a hit. And they found a director in Rich Moore that was part of the Simpsons, futurism, the critic.

Has signed a deal with James Cameron to Bring Avatar to life in a theme park.

Has Expanded Fantasyland in the magic kingdom by adding what looks to be an amazing restaurant, something the Magic kingdom was majorly lacking and probably the most requested thing return visitors were wanting.

Built Carsland in California which has received rave reviews.

AND NOW...To put a Giant Cherry on top. They go and buy the greatest Movies of all time! And then announce they will make more STAR WARS movies starting in 2015! We just have to wait and see who the new director will be. Iger then said Disney XD would be a great home for new starwars cartoons. This can only mean that STAR WARS attractions/lands are going to be planned for the parks.

This is a great time to be a Disney Fanatic. I for one think Bob Iger should stay Disney CEO for a bit longer than 2016.
Polynesian-1986, Dixie Landings-1994, Port Orleans-1996, Wilderness Lodge-1998, Hard Rock Hotel-2002, The Dolphin-2003, Pop Century-2004, Royal Pacific-2005, Riverside-2007, The Dolphin 2009, The Dolphin-2011
bgrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #95
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

amen, totally agree
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #96
ffcheff
Mouseketeer

Scrap avatar land and give me the moon of endor, or the wookies home planet. Star wars land much better for DHS than cars land. Thanks Disney for feeding my addiction .
ffcheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #97
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

personally id rather not have avatar land as its not a Disney property just so as long as something big gets added to animal kingdom I am happy.

Again enjoyed Avatar and I think it actually fits quite well with AK but being it NOT a Disney owned property Id rather it stay out
Old 10-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #98
nick p
Earning My Ears

The new Star Wars films will NOT begin with the 20th Century Fox theme
nick p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #99
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamik86 View Post
If Ant Man sucks though I'm not sure that would be disney's fault. I mean its Ant Man. I'm not a fan of him as a super hero and he sucked as a guy too (I mean there was even a whole thing about him beating his wife [wasp] and captain america beating him for it..) yeah such a great super hero.
My point exactly... if Disney + Marvel can actually pull off Ant-Man as a entertaining and profitable movie I think it's fairly safe to say that they could pretty much take any property and turn it into gold. Likely we'd end up with Brother Voodoo next

Another rumour floating around a few places is that Disney will let Marvel studios team up with Lucasfilm to reinvigorate the franchise... which is an awesome idea (Marvel published the Star Wars comics for years so there's some precedent there I guess) but I think this one falls into the realm of fanboy nerdgasm fantasy.

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #100
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamarmiller View Post
personally id rather not have avatar land as its not a Disney property just so as long as something big gets added to animal kingdom I am happy.

Again enjoyed Avatar and I think it actually fits quite well with AK but being it NOT a Disney owned property Id rather it stay out
If you don't think non-Disney properties should be in the parks, then you must not want Star Tours and the Indiana-Jones show in DHS correct? But in January they will officailly be owned by Disney so will it be ok then? Just don't get the logic in the "it's not Disney owned so it shouldn't be in the parks" idea.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #101
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick p View Post
The new Star Wars films will NOT begin with the 20th Century Fox theme
you know...i was thinking the same thing.

I may be nuts...but i think there was something a few years back about lucas actually trying to buy the "fanfare with cinescape" music...

no...obviously...Fox won't distribute any future star wars films...

but to be honest...alot of the warm and fuzzies that the beginning gave me based on my childhood went away with the "Phantom Menace"...the prequels were DOA
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #102
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
If you don't think non-Disney properties should be in the parks, then you must not want Star Tours and the Indiana-Jones show in DHS correct? But in January they will officailly be owned by Disney so will it be ok then? Just don't get the logic in the "it's not Disney owned so it shouldn't be in the parks" idea.
Wrong, You need to re-read my post,

I said I prefer it ( Avatar ) not be in it ( Disney Parks ). I did not say it shouldnt be in the parks or I dont want it in the parks.

I prefer it not to be there because Disney has so many properties that I would rather/prefer, have them mine their own stuff first before bringing in other peoples IPs/things.

And maybe not in this thread ( possibly but id have to check again ) but I have stated many times I was looking forward to Avatar land because I felt AK really needed something ( but not as bad as HS )

I have always enjoyed Indiana Jones and Star Wars in all of their parks . I love the tokyo and California Indian Jones ride and really do wish it would come to FLorida ( in addition to the stunt show ) but again I have always preferred Disney keep to Disney.

NOT THAT THEY SHOULDN'T OR IT WAS A BAD THING to bring in other IPS just that I prefer it not done.

And yes, for me at least, Star wars and INdy just made a whole lot more sense being in the parks now, now that Disney owns them
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #103
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamarmiller View Post
Wrong, You need to re-read my post,

I said I prefer it ( Avatar ) not be in it ( Disney Parks ). I did not say it shouldnt be in the parks or I dont want it in the parks.

I prefer it not to be there because Disney has so many properties that I would rather/prefer, have them mine their own stuff first before bringing in other peoples IPs/things.

And maybe not in this thread ( possibly but id have to check again ) but I have stated many times I was looking forward to Avatar land because I felt AK really needed something ( but not as bad as HS )

I have always enjoyed Indiana Jones and Star Wars in all of their parks . I love the tokyo and California Indian Jones ride and really do wish it would come to FLorida ( in addition to the stunt show ) but again I have always preferred Disney keep to Disney.

NOT THAT THEY SHOULDN'T OR IT WAS A BAD THING to bring in other IPS just that I prefer it not done.

And yes, for me at least, Star wars and INdy just made a whole lot more sense being in the parks now, now that Disney owns them
I do hope that this leads to more main line attractions in parks - particularly orlando which handles the lions share of the visitors - and has horribly under-represented the lucas properties for 20 years.

star tours was always bad...the new version is actually quite a bit better...but it never was close to realizing the potential of what the lucas properties could have brought to disney parks. the other efforts outside of orlando have been better...but WDW was really neglected on the whole.

I hope that at least we get some more love. Studios is the logical choice, where magic kingdom and animal kingdom are not as good of a fit.

If this acquisition does lead to anything...i hope it will be:
1. Better quality movies than the last 3 (not oscar winners - just something that gets the new products back to respectable)
2. New and better ride experiences in parks - particularly WDW

anything else would be gravy - for me.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #104
JB2K
DIS Veteran

When You Wish Upon A (Death) Star...
Old 10-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #105
pharmermickey
Earning My Ears

Is there any way they could give the Imagineers access to ILM? I don't know exactly how that would work, but just the idea of it is wondrous. What might they do in the parks with those toys?
pharmermickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: