Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
tenniscilla82
Earning My Ears

lost item... chance of being found?

On the 24, we lost our digital camera in tomorrowland, I'm curious if anyone has had luck with an item being found weeks later? We've already filed a report with the parks lost and found. I'm just really hoping if someone finds it they are nice enough to return it.
tenniscilla82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
kjbean
Mouseketeer

I truly hope your camera is returned to you. I lost mine at WDW Magic Kingdom on the steam train on 10/29 and no luck for me. I know how you feel over the loss.
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
damiel
DIS Veteran

I hate to sound jaded but it was found, just not turned in.
If it was turned in you would know by now. I must say that most Disney guests are honest people. I lost a diamond earing @ the DL Hotel and it was turned in! I went to guest services and they had a whole box of earings - quite a few diamonds. I got my earing back, I was surprised haw many people didn't claim their lost jewlery.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:07 AM   #4
tenniscilla82
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the input guys, don't worry about sounding jaded. I was just hoping that the person that did find it was the honest one, but oh well atleast we know for next time.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
Fivers
Mouseketeer

Try not to despair too soon! One of my relatives lost a hat, filed a report, and it was found three months later and mailed back to her. I know a hat's definitely not on the same level as a camera, but there may still be hope! Best of luck, I hope there's some Disney magic and it gets returned!
Fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

My crew has lost all kinds of stuff at WDW and DL (wallet, hats, sunglasses, swim goggles, jacket...although thankfully never a camera) and we have never had a single thing returned to us.

Every time I report the lost item and I cross my fingers...but no luck yet.

With the swim goggles they actually contacted us and then mailed a pair, but they weren't my son's after all.
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
sechelt
Mouseketeer

We forgot out camera on one of the trams and of course it disappeared. No one turned it in. It wasn't the camera we wanted so much as the pictures. There were some shots we will never get again.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

We once got a wallet DD lost at DL back, and it was almost 2 months later. All her cash was gone, but her ID's and the one CC she had been carrying were still in it. Of course we had already replaced the ID's and canceled the CC by then.

But there is still a chance, although probably pretty remote at this point.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
madigraham
Mouseketeer

same thing happened to me in DW. Lost my camera on SM after it was secured in the provided pouch on the back of the seat. It must have falled off on the ride or i left it, but the strange thing is that i remember right away and waiting for the train to come around again to see if it was there and i asked the person who got on after me and it was gone. so i filed a claim and no luck. i was more sad about losing the pictures. lost in found was very helpful though
Disney nerd forever

Next Disney World Visit: 8/5/14-8/15/14

August 2005- Contemporary Resort
June 2010- All Star Movies Resort
August 2014- All Star Sports Resort
madigraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #10
tenniscilla82
Earning My Ears

Yes it's definitely the pictures I wanted that were on it, honestly when it comes to a camera I don't care about it the way I do for the memory card. It would have been amazing to have had it return but oh well.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
starshine514
DIS Veteran

My daughter left her neck wallet (full of 25 Disney pins) in the ladies' room in NOS. We filed a report and got it back the next day, but we were lucky...
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #12
Leilanie94
Mouseketeer

My husband lost his camera bag while on the Indiana Jone ride during our trip in October 2011. There was a luggage tag with our names & info on it. The next morning we got a call (on his cell ph).....someone returned it. We were very lucky.

Best of luck to you!
Leilanie94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
Geemo
DIS Veteran

I have a plan for my camera on this next trip. I'm going to have a note that I can take a picture of each time I start an new memory card in my camera.

Thank you for finding my camera.
Feel free to keep the camera if you want.
But PLEASE send me the memory card with my pictures.

Name *********
Address ********
Cell Phone *******

Thanks
The **** Family

The camera I carry is a simple point and shoot. I think I paid $100 a couple of years ago.
If I were to loose the camera I'd be most upset about the pictures. Hopefully this might make the difference.

I see it along the lines of taking pics of the kids each morning in case they separated from the adults.

Good luck to those waiting for an item to be returned.

Geemo
Old 12-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #14
stasijane
Crazed one

Sorry your phone wasn't returned. My DD13 forgot her 3DS at Disney Quest last Aug. She was lucky that someone found it and returned it. I dont let her take it anywhere anymore.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #15
allformyboys
Earning My Ears

Just got back yesterday from DL. Son lost his backpack on day 2. We got it back 2 days later. My mom found a camera in the bathroom and I found a DSLR camera(a expensive camera) on a bench outside screaming we turned them in, so there is luck you will get your back

WDW: Sept 9-15, 2011 AKL
DL: Dec. 25-31 2012
Fantasy: May 18-25, 2013
2013 DVC Member: AKL
allformyboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: