DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
ninjagirl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 139

Recording of the Deed?

I heard from Fidelity that we closed on our contract yesterday. I was under the assumption that in most cases it appears on the comptroller's website the next day. We aren't showing up yet and I was wondering if this means something is wrong or taking longer than usual. Will it delay the week time frame before we can get our member number from MA? So thankful this is the last of the "waiting" involved in this process!!!!


I've been using this link and searching our last name. Can someone verify that this is the correct link?

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp

Last edited by ninjagirl; 10-25-2012 at 12:18 PM.
ninjagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran
 
Msmithmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 757

That's the correct link.
Msmithmd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
kkmousealow
Earning My Ears
 
kkmousealow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagirl
I heard from Fidelity that we closed on our contract yesterday. I was under the assumption that in most cases it appears on the comptroller's website the next day. We aren't showing up yet and I was wondering if this means something is wrong or taking longer than usual. Will it delay the week time frame before we can get our member number from MA? So thankful this is the last of the "waiting" involved in this process!!!!

I've been using this link and searching our last name. Can someone verify that this is the correct link?

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp
Word is that MA/MS will no longer give the membership info over the phone a week after closing and instead the policy now is to make us buyers wait to get the info in the mail. More waiting!!!!!
kkmousealow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
starry_solo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Posts: 1,618

It's not done daily. If you go further, it says "Documents Proofed through
October 22, 2012." So, if your deed closed yesterday (10/24/12), it won't be in there until either Friday or the following Monday.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
ninjagirl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmousealow View Post
Word is that MA/MS will no longer give the membership info over the phone a week after closing and instead the policy now is to make us buyers wait to get the info in the mail. More waiting!!!!!
Gross, that's entirely too long but I guess the another deterrent they can add to prevent people from buying resale. I'll try next Wednesday regardless and see what they say.
ninjagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
ninjagirl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
It's not done daily. If you go further, it says "Documents Proofed through
October 22, 2012." So, if your deed closed yesterday (10/24/12), it won't be in there until either Friday or the following Monday.
Thank you! I missed that little note.
ninjagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
wdrl
DIS Veteran
 
wdrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BLT, AKV, Aulani
Posts: 2,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
It's not done daily. If you go further, it says "Documents Proofed through
October 22, 2012." So, if your deed closed yesterday (10/24/12), it won't be in there until either Friday or the following Monday.
Actually, OCC does record documents on a continuous real time basis. Once recorded, those documents can be viewed almost instantaneously on the OCC website, even though the records have not yet been proofed. Its quite rare, at least for DVC related deeds, that a deed is modified or removed once the final proofing is done.

Compared to other county recording authorities I deal with, OCC is very, very timely in recording documents and having them accessible on its website. If there is a delay in a deed appearing on the OCC website, I suspect that the originating source, such as the title company, has not submitted it to OCC.
__________________
wdrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
cocoabio
Earning My Ears
 
cocoabio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10

Fidelity told me mine was closed on the 22nd; however, it didn't show on occcompt until today. And on the document the date stamp was on the 24th. I think the website update every Thursday because when I checked yesterday, the last date was on 18th which was last Thursday.
cocoabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
wdrl
DIS Veteran
 
wdrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BLT, AKV, Aulani
Posts: 2,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabio View Post
Fidelity told me mine was closed on the 22nd; however, it didn't show on occcompt until today. And on the document the date stamp was on the 24th. I think the website update every Thursday because when I checked yesterday, the last date was on 18th which was last Thursday.
The OCC website is updated continuously on a real time basis. Documents that were filed with OCC this morning are already available for viewing on the website. The "Documents Proofed Through" designation is usually 1 to 4 business days behind the current date. As of this morning, OCC records are proofed through October 23, 2012. It wouldn't surprise me if by Monday the "Document Proofed Through" designation is updated through 10/25 or 10/26.
__________________
wdrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
jrpeterson5
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 25

If it helps at all, my SSR contract closed with Fidelity yesterday and was on the OCC website when I checked at 2pm today (Friday).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
jrpeterson5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
beadel
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10

Smile Next Step????

Question:

i just checked the county records and our deed was recorded this week. What is the next step? and the next? How long does it take on average to get the DVC information from DVC so we can reserve for our stay?

I am confused because I received a computer generated response from the escrow company stating that Disney takes between 30 and 60 days but what does this mean?

I purchased through a broker where we paid and signed the contract at the same time.

Jim and Kitty
beadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
kkmousealow
Earning My Ears
 
kkmousealow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadel
Question:

i just checked the county records and our deed was recorded this week. What is the next step? and the next? How long does it take on average to get the DVC information from DVC so we can reserve for our stay?

I am confused because I received a computer generated response from the escrow company stating that Disney takes between 30 and 60 days but what does this mean?

I purchased through a broker where we paid and signed the contract at the same time.

Jim and Kitty
We closed on 10/17. I called MA last Thursday and they told me to call back this week. Today I was able to get my member # and log into the dvc member site to make reservations (YAY!!!!).
So it took almost 2 weeks from closing for me. I had heard that there was a new policy such that you couldn't call to get this info and would have to wait to receive the letter from Disney in the mail, but I had no issue and the MA reps were very friendly and helpful.
kkmousealow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
THKlovesDisney
Earning My Ears
 
THKlovesDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 28

I am jealous of everyone that have Sellers that return their documents in a timely manner. We got closing documents on Thursday, October18th. We mailed them back with money on the Friday. Title company confirmed receiving them last Monday. As of today, they STILL have not received paperwork from Sellers. I am not shocked, as they were slow signing the first set of documents, but we hoping that we could get this done soon.

So, I will continue sitting and waiting for the email from the Title company.
THKlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #14
ninjagirl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 139

I just wanted to update you guys. We are still not showing on the comptroller site. We talked to our closing agent who said they are working documents received on the 26th and we should be in that bundle. This is weird to me as we closed on the 24th but I'll take her word for it.

After that answer, I decided to call member accounting just to see what she would say. Our contract is still in the system under the sellers last name. Michelle was super helpful, super sweet and wonderful. She transferred me over to member administration because she said they would know if there's any hold up or how much longer it would take to get the info in the system.

Member administration was helpful but a little more stern and direct. I'm sure they get 900 calls a day with antsy owners so I understand her tone. Despite her tone, she gave me some good info. She told me that they're currently working on transferring deeds received on 10/19 and that there's about 50 ahead of ours (closed on 10/24). She gave me her number and told me to call on Friday to see if it was done. I asked her about getting my member number and she told me that I had to wait to get it in the mail, whereas the member ACCOUNTING people were willing to look it up no problem. So, for those of you looking for your member number, try member accounting as opposed to member administration.

All in all, I'm glad I called. At least now I know they have it and are working on it.
ninjagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #15
ninjagirl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagirl
I just wanted to update you guys. We are still not showing on the comptroller site. We talked to our closing agent who said they are working documents received on the 26th and we should be in that bundle. This is weird to me as we closed on the 24th but I'll take her word for it.

After that answer, I decided to call member accounting just to see what she would say. Our contract is still in the system under the sellers last name. Michelle was super helpful, super sweet and wonderful. She transferred me over to member administration because she said they would know if there's any hold up or how much longer it would take to get the info in the system.

Member administration was helpful but a little more stern and direct. I'm sure they get 900 calls a day with antsy owners so I understand her tone. Despite her tone, she gave me some good info. She told me that they're currently working on transferring deeds received on 10/19 and that there's about 50 ahead of ours (closed on 10/24). She gave me her number and told me to call on Friday to see if it was done. I asked her about getting my member number and she told me that I had to wait to get it in the mail, whereas the member ACCOUNTING people were willing to look it up no problem. So, for those of you looking for your member number, try member accounting as opposed to member administration.

All in all, I'm glad I called. At least now I know they have it and are working on it.
Last update: the moral if this is that it pays to do your research and know when something isn't right --- even when your agent tells you it's okay.

We still weren't on the site as of yesterday so I emailed our closing agent and told her that deeds closed as early as yesterday were already showing up and something had to be wrong with ours because I knew this wasn't normal.

Our agent called the clerk over at the comptrollers office and our deed was rejected 6 days prior due to overpayment on our part. They have someone going to pick up the documents today at which point, they'll rewrite them and issue us a refund. I'm guessing they over charged us in the closing costs.

Sometimes in these transactions you have to be your own advocate. If the agent had looked into it when I first emailed her, it would already be done by now. Obviously you can't be obnoxious about it and call 1900 times before its supposed to happen but in our case it literally paid to know what the process was and how long it takes - even when our closing agent said it was fine.
ninjagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.