Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #1186
DefLepard
<3 Disney
 
DefLepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 600

Excited when I hear F&W news !

Doing happy dance

2013


Scotland will make its marketplace debut with beers, meads and Scotch. Officials from Scotland contacted Disney about participating after the popularity of the film, Brave
__________________
DefLepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #1187
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man
 
Brocktoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
Doing happy dance

2013


Scotland will make its marketplace debut with beers, meads and Scotch. Officials from Scotland contacted Disney about participating after the popularity of the film, Brave
Yup, I already posted on the official F&W thread on the restuarant board ... but I love me some Scottish ales!! I've still got a few bottles of Orkney Skull Splitter and Brooklyn Winter Scottish that I'm 'conserving'.
__________________

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #1188
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars
 
jagfanjosh3252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 1,056

Have we gotten the official dates for our meet yet
__________________
Go Jaguars!
jagfanjosh3252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #1189
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran
 
nurse.darcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,810

Well Josh. . .I would love to say yes. It is, however, too close to call.

I am afraid though, that due to some needed commitments, I am going to have to back out of the planning. Who knew that planning a wedding required time and commitment. . .lol.

I will show up to whichever weekend the most of you pick. I am still a fan of the 1st-3rd of November. It gives me about one trip a month away from Clearwater for the next few months.
__________________
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #1190
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran
 
nurse.darcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,810

By the way, my son chatted with me on Mother's Day (good boy) and I found out he will be in Jacksonville over Memorial Weekend. He wants me to come out and visit. . .duh. . .

Of course I am going.
__________________
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #1191
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Well Josh. . .I would love to say yes. It is, however, too close to call.

I am afraid though, that due to some needed commitments, I am going to have to back out of the planning. Who knew that planning a wedding required time and commitment. . .lol.

I will show up to whichever weekend the most of you pick. I am still a fan of the 1st-3rd of November. It gives me about one trip a month away from Clearwater for the next few months.

For the record... as I mentioned before, between the honeymoon and baby, I'm not sure how much of an appearence I'll be able to make assuming the meet is scheduled for when I am in the area.

That being said, we pretty much finally locked in our dates after Southwest released our return flights last week. We will be in the Orlando area from 10/24 (HHN) - 11/06.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #1192
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars
 
jagfanjosh3252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 1,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
By the way, my son chatted with me on Mother's Day (good boy) and I found out he will be in Jacksonville over Memorial Weekend. He wants me to come out and visit. . .duh. . .

Of course I am going.
Lol. Yay Jacksonville! I will be on Orlando while your here over memorial weekend. Are you still doing the 24h hour thing Darcy?

Oh. Has anyone here stayed at either the Swan or Dolphin? I can get it for $180 a night with the fees/parking. I usually spend like $100 a night on a room since I go so often. But this sounds like a good deal. I hear their beds are great
__________________
Go Jaguars!

Last edited by jagfanjosh3252; 05-14-2013 at 06:47 PM.
jagfanjosh3252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #1193
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man
 
Brocktoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
That being said, we pretty much finally locked in our dates after Southwest released our return flights last week. We will be in the Orlando area from 10/24 (HHN) - 11/06.
I was sort of in the same boat. Ft Wilderness books up fast for late October, and Southwest started cutting back on flights from Philly to MCO. While I still saw decent flight times, the only window we could get a preferred site at Ft Wilderness was 10/23 - 10/31. I'm glad we locked those dates in as it looks like all the preffered sites are now full. As Oct nears, let me know what days you may be around Epcot as we're down the same time ... I think I still owe some folks margaritas at La Cava

I'm not big at planning stuff, but if folks wasnt to attack the F&W fest as a group, 10/25 (Friday) or 10/28 (Monday) may be good. Monday is probably the better day, but may be harder for people's schedules. My schedule is pretty open over my trip. I've got a few ADRs with my parents, and I'm planning on doing the Wild Afirca Trek on either 10/24 or 10/26. Other than that, maybe JellyRolls a couple times ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Oh. Has anyone here stayed at either the Swan or Dolphin? I can get it for $180 a night with the fees/parking. I usually spend like $100 a night on a room since I go so often. But this sounds like a good deal. I hear their beds are great
Sounds like a decent deal to me. I've only stayed at the Swan, but I think both resorts are pretty darn similar. Really nice rooms, and great location. The only downside is transportation if you're not heading to Epcot or HS. But if you have a car, you'll be fine.
__________________

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #1194
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars
 
jagfanjosh3252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 1,056

Star Trek Into Darkeness to other after work! I love summer movies.
__________________
Go Jaguars!
jagfanjosh3252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #1195
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

I finally got the official word on the Company Picnic at Hershey on 6/29. Unfortunately it looks like they are limiting the number of extra ticket sets we can purchase this year, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to hook people up this year. (Rachel's friends and family get dibs if they want to join us.). Hopefully I'll know by the end of the week.


That being said.... There are several discounts available for tickets thru the usual channels. Anybody think they'd like to join in the traditional Hershey meet this year? Saturday june 29th.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I was sort of in the same boat. Ft Wilderness books up fast for late October, and Southwest started cutting back on flights from Philly to MCO. While I still saw decent flight times, the only window we could get a preferred site at Ft Wilderness was 10/23 - 10/31. I'm glad we locked those dates in as it looks like all the preffered sites are now full. As Oct nears, let me know what days you may be around Epcot as we're down the same time ... I think I still owe some folks margaritas at La Cava

I'm not big at planning stuff, but if folks wasnt to attack the F&W fest as a group, 10/25 (Friday) or 10/28 (Monday) may be good. Monday is probably the better day, but may be harder for people's schedules. My schedule is pretty open over my trip. I've got a few ADRs with my parents, and I'm planning on doing the Wild Afirca Trek on either 10/24 or 10/26. Other than that, maybe JellyRolls a couple times ...
.
Honestly I'm really not sure what our plans are for this trip at this point. I think it's mostly going to end up depending upon what kind of Military Discount her parents can hook us up with since the cruise and wedding are going to be HUGE drains on my funding for this trip.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Star Trek Into Darkeness to other after work! I love summer movies.
I miss going to the movies.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #1196
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars
 
jagfanjosh3252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 1,056

Why don't your go DC?
__________________
Go Jaguars!
jagfanjosh3252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #1197
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Why don't your go DC?
Assuming that's about movies....

Easy Answer. Gus-Gus.


Kinda hard to go to the movies when you have a baby around. You can't exactly bring him to the theater when the movies are going to be loud... and there aren't a ton of opportunities to get away from him.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:49 AM   #1198
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran
 
nurse.darcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,810

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Assuming that's about movies....

Easy Answer. Gus-Gus.


Kinda hard to go to the movies when you have a baby around. You can't exactly bring him to the theater when the movies are going to be loud... and there aren't a ton of opportunities to get away from him.
Stop being quiet around Gus-Gus. I used to vacuum and keep the tele on loud around him. He learned to sleep through that. I could take him to the movies without issue. Especially loud movies. He would just curl up in my lap and fall asleep. . .Gotta train them. . .its the only way to survive parenthood. . .
__________________
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #1199
jillyb
DIS Veteran
 
jillyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Stop being quiet around Gus-Gus. I used to vacuum and keep the tele on loud around him. He learned to sleep through that. I could take him to the movies without issue. Especially loud movies. He would just curl up in my lap and fall asleep. . .Gotta train them. . .its the only way to survive parenthood. . .
Definitely follow this advice!!! I didn't tiptoe around when my DD was a baby and she was always (and still is) a very good sleeper. Her big thing is having a light on...if there's any light coming into her room she can't sleep! I find that pretty funny since I used to keep a lamp on in her room when she was a baby so I could see when I had to stumble into her room for those middle of the night feedings!
__________________
Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century


Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
jillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #1200
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo
 
NJDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,203

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Have we gotten the official dates for our meet yet
well I just realized that my F&W trip will be the weekend of the 18th. October and November are busy social months for me (anniversaries, sorority events, etc...) so I will be heading down the 18th and do a few days in Epcot so I can come back and spend the weekend with my bff in Jersey. not sure how that works out in the planning of the gathering but that's when I will be there.
__________________
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way...



NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: