Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #1171
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post

??? seriously. someone said that

geez, at my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party, people danced all night, and took up a collection to get the band to play longer..

heck, it's your wedding day, if you want juggling monkeys, you should have juggling monkeys, if people have an issue with what you want to do at your wedding, tell them to talk to The Pyrate... don't let anyone rain on your parade
OMG, lol, that cracked me up.

Seriously, I am just sometimes amazed at what people will say. Sometimes I think people say stuff like that because they are jealous and don't want you to be happy. I am sure the 2 in question will not be at the wedding so no "debbie downers", but ya know. . .really? Just say "have fun". Oh, and I am totally doing what I want. Its a classic wedding with touches of beach thrown in here and there. . .not much, just touches.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #1172
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Oh it's Totally a solemn experience.

We are planning on playing this as Rachel walks down the aisle, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFyAqLtHq8

And everyone will be wearing black, including her veil.

We want to make sure that it's a super-serious affair and that everybody realizes that this is not a moment to be happy about, celebrate, or generally have any fun whatsoever with anything even remotely related to this totally solemn experience.

LOL, Daryl
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #1173
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffGT06 View Post
Well, still jealous! Traveling out west is definitely high on my list.
I just got up here yesterday and it is BEAUTIFUL! I don't want to ever leave!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
Best to you, I am sure you made a great decision !!!
Thanks! I don't regret it one bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Okay, I have a silly question to ask of all of you. I mentioned party and dancing as the fun at my reception and got negative comments regarding having dancing. Some were to the extent of "oh, aren't you two too old to have dancing at your reception?". and. . ."fun? Isn't a wedding a solemn experience?". If these comments were from really old people I would just ignore them. One was from a 30-something and the other from a 42 year old. Wow, when did having fun become an age thing. My question for all of you is, would you question someone at my age wanting to have fun, dance and party on her wedding day?

I know the answer but can't wait for the rhetoric. . .love you all.
Ummmm... WHAT?! Weddings are a solemn occasion? When the hell did that happen?! haha. I agree with the pyrate on this one hun. Do it like you want to! Screw everyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Oh it's Totally a solemn experience.

We are planning on playing this as Rachel walks down the aisle, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFyAqLtHq8

And everyone will be wearing black, including her veil.

We want to make sure that it's a super-serious affair and that everybody realizes that this is not a moment to be happy about, celebrate, or generally have any fun whatsoever with anything even remotely related to this totally solemn experience.

hahahhahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post

??? seriously. someone said that

geez, at my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party, people danced all night, and took up a collection to get the band to play longer..

heck, it's your wedding day, if you want juggling monkeys, you should have juggling monkeys, if people have an issue with what you want to do at your wedding, tell them to talk to The Pyrate... don't let anyone rain on your parade
Dude that's awesome! Darcy- you NEED to have juggling monkeys now, you do realize that right?!

Last edited by bluedevilinaz; 05-10-2013 at 08:20 AM.
bluedevilinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #1174
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Hey there my little mouseketeers! Just hopping in to say hi...had an amazing birthday yesterday...started out the safari and then Epcot all day topped off by dinner at Victoria and Albert's with my bff. Terrific day and now I'm sad its ending... anyway heading out to spend some time with the bff and one more day at the park...

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #1175
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, I have a silly question to ask of all of you. I mentioned party and dancing as the fun at my reception and got negative comments regarding having dancing. Some were to the extent of "oh, aren't you two too old to have dancing at your reception?". and. . ."fun? Isn't a wedding a solemn experience?". If these comments were from really old people I would just ignore them. One was from a 30-something and the other from a 42 year old. Wow, when did having fun become an age thing. My question for all of you is, would you question someone at my age wanting to have fun, dance and party on her wedding day?

I remember how fun you both are, party it up, I will be partying with ya! Never too old to have fun, and you guys are not old BTW!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #1176
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
LOL, Daryl
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #1177
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As a recently married woman, my two cents....do whatever makes you and Tony happy and don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Hey there my little mouseketeers! Just hopping in to say hi...had an amazing birthday yesterday...started out the safari and then Epcot all day topped off by dinner at Victoria and Albert's with my bff. Terrific day and now I'm sad its ending... anyway heading out to spend some time with the bff and one more day at the park...
Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday, sorry we couldn't meet up but we were just so busy.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #1178
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse

As a recently married woman, my two cents....do whatever makes you and Tony happy and don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks!

Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday, sorry we couldn't meet up but we were just so busy.
Honey its all good :-) ....I was just as busy and now I'm watching wishes for the last time this trip. Also, I must head home tomorrow but I'm sure we will catch each other soon

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #1179
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to wish all the Moms, a very Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #1180
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Just wanted to wish all the Moms, a very Happy Mother's Day!
Thank you my sweet. Can't wait to see you again. We are working on Honeymoon plans. . .any good ideas?. . .from the world traveler?
Old 05-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #1181
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Happy Mothers Day to all the Social Club mom's

Enjoy the day
Old 05-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #1182
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you my sweet. Can't wait to see you again. We are working on Honeymoon plans. . .any good ideas?. . .from the world traveler?

It all depends on what you guys want, or don't want to do. Do you want relaxed or busy? Beach? City? Any of the islands are always fun, but so is Europe. I think the most important thing is to figure out what you want to do.

Quote:

Enjoy the day
Thanks .
Old 05-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #1183
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Enjoy the day
Thank you!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #1184
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

I haven't been on here in FOREVER!! I'm doing good, divorced finally...well going on two years now. Had lots happening but I think that I'm here for a while.

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Disneyfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #1185
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
I haven't been on here in FOREVER!! I'm doing good, divorced finally...well going on two years now. Had lots happening but I think that I'm here for a while.
back!
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: