Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #1141
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252

Lol. I gotta be the tour guide. They haven't been in so long, it's basically their first time. My mom is kinda hesitant, since she gonna pay it all (except my stuff). So I just booked 50's Prime Time for dinner Friday night. She re-did her dining room to look like a 50's dinner, so this is gonna be a surprise for her. Then I'm gonna have my brother pay for Be Our Guest for lunch Saturday, she is also a HUGE BatB fan.
I love 50s prime time....I know its not high on very many peoples lists....but its my fave

And BOG is fabulous for BatB fans we did lunch last trip and had a great time. My little one thought we were inside.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #1142
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Let me be the first to congratulate TheBigE and CTNurse on their marriage yesterday. Our first SSC marriage. So proud of them.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 01:49 AM   #1143
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
With the Iron Man movie talk, I was wondering if anyone was looking forward to seeing Star Trek Into Darkness May 17th ... I am really looking forward to seeing it

Side note: Really looking forward & excited right now for a quick 2 day trip to Walt Disney World tomorrow and Tuesday whoo hoo

I will have a Beer Flight and a Dole Whip with spiced Rum in honor of the Social Club, have a great week everyone
Count me in as one be excited to see the upcoming Star Trek movie.. Also looking forward to seeing The Great Gatsby this coming week.. I like to see a wide variety of movies.. I'm an avid movie watcher..

I'm looking forward to trying the Dole Whip w/ rum on my next visit- please come back and report what you think of it. Have a great mini trip to the world!
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #1144
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate TheBigE and CTNurse on their marriage yesterday. Our first SSC marriage. So proud of them.
Thanks so much Sweetie, we had an amazing day. It was just perfect. It was great seeing you on Saturday.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #1145
DuffGT06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
The lecture I got when I bought a universal annual pass was insane, but she had no problem asking me to get her discount tickets for HHN!

Yes def you need sleep! But Youre too excited to sleep lol
Hmph! You should tell them it's none of their business where you spend your hard earned money!
WDW 1985, Cabins at FW 1988, Daytrip 2002, Music 2004, Movies 2005, Off-site 2006, Off-site 2007, POP 2007, Off-site 2008, POP Oct 2009, Disneyland June 2010, CS Sept 2010, POP Dec 2011, POP Oct 2012, Disneyland Paris Dec 2012, Sports Oct 2013, POR Dec 2013, POP Feb/Mar 2014, Expedition Everest 5K May 2014, AoA Oct 2014, Enchanted 10K Feb 2015.

DuffGT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #1146
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats to you both! So happy for y'all!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #1147
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
I'm a condo guy too, my room is free.. even better than what you got.
Hmmmm.... Not sure I'd classify it as "free" when you had to invest out of pocket for 18 years in order to get access to it for no charge now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffGT06 View Post
If you ever decide to stay on property, do you use the room only discount?

Saw Iron Man yesterday and really enjoyed it although there were some plot holes. I tend to let that slide in action movies though. I cannot wait for Star Trek in a few weeks!
i've done the AP room only discount before for a single night at the boardwalk. Not entirely sure though if it's something I could justify doing on a regular basis though.

Quote:
:c heer2::jum ping1:

Think that about covers it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Thanks so much Sweetie, we had an amazing day. It was just perfect. It was great seeing you on Saturday.
Congrats again guys!
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #1148
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Been catching up on my WDW news, and noticed they are having $50 off the Wild Africa Trek through 10/26. I thought about doing this tour last year, but I really couldn't justify the price. With the discount, I'm still on the fence but really leaning towards booking the tour for 10/25 or 10/26. I figure the 'summer' discount extending into the beginning of my Oct trip is sort of a now or never sign.

Quote:
Throw another congrats in there from me!!

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #1149
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
It was good to see you too and visit. You were glowing. I am glad you had an amazing Sunday. The pictures speak volumes.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #1150
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Hi kids...just thought I would check in and say hi. Just got back from US and stepped out of my comfort zone a little bit, I hate roller coasters and not too fond of motion attractions however I did do most of the motion rides this time. MIB and HP were my favorites oh and the Simpsons ride was hysterical...
having dinner in France now and then I'll stake out my spot for the fireworks...
Hope the happy couple is having a great time...I prayed that the storms would go away and you had the perfect afternoon for a wedding...congratulations to you two :-)

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #1151
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Hi kids...just thought I would check in and say hi. Just got back from US and stepped out of my comfort zone a little bit, I hate roller coasters and not too fond of motion attractions however I did do most of the motion rides this time. MIB and HP were my favorites oh and the Simpsons ride was hysterical...
having dinner in France now and then I'll stake out my spot for the fireworks...
Hope the happy couple is having a great time...I prayed that the storms would go away and you had the perfect afternoon for a wedding...congratulations to you two :-)
Welcome to the darkside. We have butterbeer.

I've been finding myself over my past several trips actually enjoying my time at Universal a lot more lately....to the point of potentially surpassing portions of my Disney love. There's just something about the much more relaxed vibe when visiting the Universal parks that can't be underestimated.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #1152
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

I enjoy US/IoA. I don't go as much as I do to Disney. HP is amazing. Can't wait tile Phase 2. And I can't tell you how excited I am for Transformers: The Ride.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #1153
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

Quote:
Congrats from me as well!
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #1154
TheBigE
Change is inevitable, Growth is optional

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Congrats to you both! So happy for y'all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
:c heer2::jum ping1:

Think that about covers it.

Congrats again guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post

Throw another congrats in there from me!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyann29 View Post
Congrats from me as well!
Thanks everyone, it was truly a great day all the way around. It is proof that Dreams do come true.....
TheBigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #1155
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Welcome to the darkside. We have butterbeer.

I've been finding myself over my past several trips actually enjoying my time at Universal a lot more lately....to the point of potentially surpassing portions of my Disney love. There's just something about the much more relaxed vibe when visiting the Universal parks that can't be underestimated.
I haven't been yet (in Florida), cannot pull DD9 away from WDW, but this makes me want to go. I did US in Cali when I was there, so much easier to navigate around the way the parks are laid out in Cali. Seems like such a hassle in Florida, I must make time for it now. UGH (in a good way), more to think about!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: