Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #1081
DuffGT06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post

Just wanted to wish everyone a fantastic weekend, we leave tomorrow for our Disney wedding.
Sounds amazing, Congrats! Are you getting married at the pavilion?
WDW 1985, Cabins at FW 1988, Daytrip 2002, Music 2004, Movies 2005, Off-site 2006, Off-site 2007, POP 2007, Off-site 2008, POP Oct 2009, Disneyland June 2010, CS Sept 2010, POP Dec 2011, POP Oct 2012, Disneyland Paris Dec 2012, Sports Oct 2013, POR Dec 2013, POP Feb/Mar 2014, Expedition Everest 5K May 2014, AoA Oct 2014, Enchanted 10K Feb 2015.

DuffGT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #1082
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Well. Transformers opens June 20th!! Time to put request in for that day off
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #1083
ZoeisMommy
šoš Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252
Well. Transformers opens June 20th!! Time to put request in for that day off
Yes!! That's the day before I leave for Disney....guess I know where I will be at midnight. Luckily scored a 9pm viewing of Iron Man 3 tonight e e
Old 05-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #1084
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy View Post
Yes!! That's the day before I leave for Disney....guess I know where I will be at midnight. Luckily scored a 9pm viewing of Iron Man 3 tonight e e
I've got Friday evening tix for IM3.

Saturday is the good ol' Free Comic Book Day:

http://www.freecomicbookday.com

I'm thankfully blessed that I live only a few miles from a killer comic shop that I've frequented for years. For FCBD, they bring in costumed characters, artists signing, contests etc ... The downside is that I have to work Saturday morning, and all the huge sale items and rare finds will be picked over by the time I make it over to the shop. Never under-estimate comic geeks on FCBD. In previous years I've arrived a few minutes after opening only find no parking spaces and huge waits just to get into the store

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #1085
jagfanjosh3252

Not transformers the movie. That comes out next year. I me at Transformers the Ride at Universal

I'm going midnight tonight for IM3. I always go midnight for summer blockbusters. It's so fun.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #1086
ZoeisMommy
šoš Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252
Not transformers the movie. That comes out next year. I me at Transformers the Ride at Universal

I'm going midnight tonight for IM3. I always go midnight for summer blockbusters. It's so fun.
OK Josh now I'm just sad...you had me all excited lol!!

And I always do the midnight premieres except I have to work tomorrow so would like a little more sleep lol
Old 05-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #1087
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Yea. It's crazy how quickly they built it. Granted, it's a clone from the one in Hollywood. But still. All I know, is I'm gonna be there day 1.
Our new Mermaid Ride is a clone of the one in Cali.... And so is Soarin... etc etc etc. Disney has been in total clone-itis mode for YEARS, and STILL takes forever to open something once construction starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
I'm heading down June 22 for a week (this was not supposed to be happening but I got a promotion and figured I'd celebrate) so I'm hoping its open while I'm there. I'm staying at PBH one night so I also hope it has express pass!
From what I've read on the Universal boards, Express signs have been hung for Transformers, so it's highly likely it'll have express at or shortly after opening.

And I was going to say it's likely soft openings would be happening by your trip, but from what was posted since this post, it looks like the official opening will be happening before your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffGT06 View Post
I really hope not! I'm very much looking forward to its opening and would be so disappointed if that were the case.

Hopefully something really awesome ride wise goes in over at AK for Avatar too. (Not that I'm a fan of the idea but could be an opportunity for state of the art technology).
Honestly... I'm almost thinking of the Mine train as being a combination of a barnstormer coaster, with dark ride elements similar to Mummy.... and add in those rocking coaster seats which may bump the thrill level up a notch.

Quote:
Can't wait to see you guys this weekend, this is probably the last time I will be on as a single girl.

Just wanted to wish everyone a fantastic weekend, we leave tomorrow for our Disney wedding.
Have fun on your trip... and hope the wedding goes great. Suddenly our wedding plans are having a MAJOR Wrench thrown into the works. First it became questionable if my brother would be able to show up since they are expecting Twins not too long before the wedding, so we aren't sure if he or his wife will be able to make the trip from Atlanta.....

...and then this week Rachel's brother found out he's being deployed from May-November, which means he won't be able to attend our planned September wedding.

So who knows what we are going to do now...
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #1088
DuffGT06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Honestly... I'm almost thinking of the Mine train as being a combination of a barnstormer coaster, with dark ride elements similar to Mummy.... and add in those rocking coaster seats which may bump the thrill level up a notch.

Have fun on your trip... and hope the wedding goes great. Suddenly our wedding plans are having a MAJOR Wrench thrown into the works. First it became questionable if my brother would be able to show up since they are expecting Twins not too long before the wedding, so we aren't sure if he or his wife will be able to make the trip from Atlanta.....

...and then this week Rachel's brother found out he's being deployed from May-November, which means he won't be able to attend our planned September wedding.

So who knows what we are going to do now...
Serious thumbs down if that's all the mine train is but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm so sorry to hear about your plans - I hope you have them worked out soon!
WDW 1985, Cabins at FW 1988, Daytrip 2002, Music 2004, Movies 2005, Off-site 2006, Off-site 2007, POP 2007, Off-site 2008, POP Oct 2009, Disneyland June 2010, CS Sept 2010, POP Dec 2011, POP Oct 2012, Disneyland Paris Dec 2012, Sports Oct 2013, POR Dec 2013, POP Feb/Mar 2014, Expedition Everest 5K May 2014, AoA Oct 2014, Enchanted 10K Feb 2015.

DuffGT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #1089
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Have a fantastic trip and happy birthday.

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend, this is probably the last time I will be on as a single girl.

OMG I didn't even realize we would be there the same time!!! hopefully I will run into you guys at least once... I fly out tomorrow as well and I don't go home until the 11th. Congrats sweetie, so excited for you guys!!!

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #1090
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

OK EVERYONE SING WITH ME....

I'M ON VACAAAATION!

I'M ON VACAAAATION!

I'M ON VACAAAATION!

this time tomorrow I will be in HS at the Brown Derby celebrating with one of my mentees who will have just finished taking her boards! she is a pediatrician in Orlando so we need to make her relax a little

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #1091
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
OK EVERYONE SING WITH ME....

I'M ON VACAAAATION!

I'M ON VACAAAATION!

I'M ON VACAAAATION!

this time tomorrow I will be in HS at the Brown Derby celebrating with one of my mentees who will have just finished taking her boards! she is a pediatrician in Orlando so we need to make her relax a little
relax a little? sounds like you need to make the trip over to the other side of HS and stop by the Tune Inn.

1. Lots of extremely tasty adult beverages.
2. Has a little bit of SSC history thanks to Darcy's living there at one time
3. When you want something sweet, you can get the virtual Reeses Milkshake by ordering the PB&J milkshake, but asking that it be made with Chocolate instead of Vanilla icecream

DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #1092
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So happy for y'all! Have a great Disney wedding!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #1093
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know.... Not on much, compared to your recent major posting spree! It might be nice getting some piece and quiet from our chatty bartender for a change.

Good luck dude and have fun! Glad things are working out for you guys.
Haha right? I know I've been neglecting my duties as bartender lately. My apologies! XD

Thanks! Me too.

Quote:
You sound like you have great summer plans. There are plenty of places that have free wifi, so check in when you can.

Yup We'll see what happens. The wifi is pretty limited up there.

Have a safe trip and congrats again!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #1094
jagfanjosh3252

Iron Man 3!! Sitting here waiting for it to start! Love Midnight showings
Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #1095
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
relax a little? sounds like you need to make the trip over to the other side of HS and stop by the Tune Inn.

1. Lots of extremely tasty adult beverages.
2. Has a little bit of SSC history thanks to Darcy's living there at one time
3. When you want something sweet, you can get the virtual Reeses Milkshake by ordering the PB&J milkshake, but asking that it be made with Chocolate instead of Vanilla icecream

At one time. . .pssssha. . .I still live there when I can. . .will be there today (Friday, May 3, to Sunday May 5. Living someone elses disney dream this weekend and visit with good friends.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: