Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #916
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Lol. Show is awesome. Y'all can have Ragnar. I'm happy with Laratha.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #917
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
My daughter and I are going to the F&WF in late October. I have never heard of "drinking around the world" before. Is it just that you drink at all the different countries? Or is there a list of drinks or certain bars/restaurants that you get your drinks from? Also is there a really cool passport book you can get stamped to mark your journey???

This sounds like a blast!!!
If you're going during F&W, I wouldn't attempt to get a drink at every kiosk, as there are a ton of them ... but you can basically start at one end of the World Showcase and over the course of the day, stop off at any kiosks when you need another drink. For the F&W fest, you can get a free passport book that they will stamp at each kiosk. I usually try to get the book filled by the end of my vacation.

During F&W, you'll probably see groups with custom made 'Around the World' checklist shirts that they check off the different countries with a sharpie marker as they drink around the WS. It's a pretty fun atmosphere, but can get crazy crowded Friday nights, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #918
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlincutshair View Post
Who remembers the show Dinosaurs? They had parade for a while at WDW in the early 90s!! "Not the mama" I used to LOVE Baby Sinclair as a kid!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmhENpMMMH8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
My daughter and I are going to the F&WF in late October. I have never heard of "drinking around the world" before. Is it just that you drink at all the different countries? Or is there a list of drinks or certain bars/restaurants that you get your drinks from? Also is there a really cool passport book you can get stamped to mark your journey???

This sounds like a blast!!!
During F&W there are passports available that list every country/booth and what food and drink options are available. They will stamp them for you at all the booths.

As far as a traditional non-F&W Drinking around the world, Basically it's just a matter of grabbing something to drink at each country. Since people's tastes differ, there isn't a "You gotta get this at this country" requirement, but there are certain beverages that there is a strong opinion that 'you gotta try'.... such as the Grand Marnier or Grey Goose Slush's in France.

Disney doesn't have a passport for non F&W drinking around the world, but there are a TON of things you can find online. some people have also mentioned using the kid-cot things as your DatW souvenirs. There are several threads on the DIS about the subject, so feel free to just do a search for drinking around the world.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #919
taramoz
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="DCTooTall;47926360"]

Why can't I find the October poll?
Old 03-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #920
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post

Why can't I find the October poll?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081414

Darcy created a separate thread for it.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #921
roxysmum123
DIS Veteran

With regards to drinking around the world, there's also the 20$ wine cards you can buy. They're good for two wine samples in each France, Germany, and Italy. That was a neat way to try some new wines I thought, and my friend and I enjoyed doing it.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #922
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
The voting does look pretty close, but it also looks like there are a lot of votes sort of bunched up towards the last 3 weeks. May need to have two meets with the dates tied?
That is why I posted a poll. I don't want to decide. I thought one date would outshine all others. . .but no. . .its too close.

I live an hour and a half away, I only need to give work 2 weeks notice to get the weekend plus a day or two here and there off and I am biased. I love love love the last couple weekends in October and the first weekend in November. . .my fave times of year. Just sayin.

What is amazing to me though is that I haven't updated my signature since 7/2010. . .lol. That's funny to me.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:43 PM   #923
jagfanjosh3252

So, Walking Dead season finale sucked IMO. Game of Thrones was great. I'm still upset I can't watch Game of Thrones though, had to cut back and HBO was of the things to go. I need to use somebody's HBO Go, or find an alternative way to watch it. Any ideas? Suggestions?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #924
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
So, Walking Dead season finale sucked IMO. Game of Thrones was great. I'm still upset I can't watch Game of Thrones though, had to cut back and HBO was of the things to go. I need to use somebody's HBO Go, or find an alternative way to watch it. Any ideas? Suggestions?
I recorded the Walking Dead finale to watch after work today. Being a huge fan of the book, I'm still wondering how they are going to wrap the season up within one episode, but I guess I'll find out later. For Game of Thrones ... I don't have HBO, So I'll either catch them at a friend's house On Demand, but most likely just have a long wait until I can watch on DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
That is why I posted a poll. I don't want to decide. I thought one date would outshine all others. . .but no. . .its too close.

I live an hour and a half away, I only need to give work 2 weeks notice to get the weekend plus a day or two here and there off and I am biased. I love love love the last couple weekends in October and the first weekend in November. . .my fave times of year. Just sayin.
The poll is at least helping to see a pattern as to when there may be some other DISers down that way. I saw my parents over Easter, and they mentioned they were planning on heading down to Florida for a few weeks again in October. Pretty sure I'm going to book 10/23 - 10/31 as that will give me some time during the last 2 weeks of Oct, as well as a weekend of F&W events. May miss the solo meet, but it also seems like there will be some DISers around during those weeks.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #925
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love this site!

http://www.couchtuner.eu/

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
jillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #926
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post

What is amazing to me though is that I haven't updated my signature since 7/2010. . .lol. That's funny to me.
I see you've discovered the most frustrating part of planning a meet. As Tara can probably attest, there comes a point were you just need to make the executive decision and say "This is when it's happening", and then go from there.

Also... Where's blue been? Saw the ad for Gmail Blue today and thought of him.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #927
jagfanjosh3252

Yea. We really do. I want to ask off from work. And te earlier the better here at my new job.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #928
Melindarella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
Maelstrom rules !!!

Two quotes that stick in my mind forever

"More often, you find Beauty and Charm"

"Back ,Over the falls"

I love the New Drama series "Vikings" on history channel
<3 Ragnar Lodbrok, Disney should have an automaton replica of him on Maelstrom, like Jack Sparrow on Pirates

What ride isn't better with a slight buzz ? LoL

I have been watching Vikings and really like the show too - actually pretty interesting!

Ragnar is cool - but I call dibs on Rollo - lol!!
Melindarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #929
Melindarella
Mouseketeer

Quote:

No suggestions - but I'm kinda in the same boat! I don't have HBO - but had a free preview from March 29th through tonight and I started watching Game of Thrones and really liked it - which sucks since I have no way to continue watching it - lol
Melindarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #930
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I see you've discovered the most frustrating part of planning a meet. As Tara can probably attest, there comes a point were you just need to make the executive decision and say "This is when it's happening", and then go from there.

Also... Where's blue been? Saw the ad for Gmail Blue today and thought of him.
*snores* Huh? What? Who said my name? Oh it's just DC.

That commercial was awesome yeah? I've been lurking but haven't been on too much between work and nursing a bum knee again. Hope everyone is doing well! Working on planning a DL trip in the next couple weeks before our AP's run out. I refuse to renew them since they DRASTICALLY increased the pricing as well as cut the benefits/perks to having one yet again this year!

Darcy- I've run into the date issue before with planning meets with my other fandom. I usually just take the date that has the most votes, even if it's only by 1 or 2.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: