Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #376
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars
 
jagfanjosh3252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 1,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy

I am 51, been married a couple times and have finally found the love of my life. Don't rush it. Love happens at the strangest times. . .lol. Also, my guy likes Disney. . .and puts up with my total obsession. . .lol.
Darcy. You hit a 5 instead of 4 when you put you age. Just wanted to let you know
__________________
Go Jaguars!
jagfanjosh3252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #377
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man
 
Brocktoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Posts: 1,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleMe View Post
Just to get some discussion going...

What would your ideal Disney date be?

Mine would be early dinner at 'Ohana then get Dole Whip (I'm obsessed) at Captain Cook's and eat it on the beach at Polynesian and watch the fireworks.

Ohana is my favorite restaurant and Polynesian is my favorite resort, oh and dole whip is my favorite disney food lol...best date ever
Over the years seeing all WDW has to offer, it's hard to pick one ideal plan. I like options:

1) Yachtsman, then boardwalk onto Jellyrolls

2) Epcot Plan - Start with drinks and food at Tutto Gusto. Snack around WS. End up at La Cava del Tequila followed by Illuminations

3) Around Halloween/Christmas: Dinner at Artist Point. Ft Wilderness carriage ride to check out holiday decorations. Head over to Poly for Lapu Lapu's on beach for Wishes

Temp was 9F outside my house this morning ... definately starting to think about a warmer weather vacation for Food&Wine Fest this year
__________________

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #378
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran
 
goofyfigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleMe
Just to get some discussion going...

What would your ideal Disney date be?

Mine would be early dinner at 'Ohana then get Dole Whip (I'm obsessed) at Captain Cook's and eat it on the beach at Polynesian and watch the fireworks.

Ohana is my favorite restaurant and Polynesian is my favorite resort, oh and dole whip is my favorite disney food lol...best date ever
All depends on the "type" of date.

1. Day date. Would be a day at Epcot riding the rides, lunch and drinks at WS and watching illuminations.

2. Night date. Dinner at yachtsman following by jellyrolls. If there is a big game on we could go to ESPN instead ( yes im female and understand the importance of sports).
__________________
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #379
DefLepard
<3 Disney
 
DefLepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 599

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleMe View Post
Just to get some discussion going...

What would your ideal Disney date be?

Mine would be early dinner at 'Ohana then get Dole Whip (I'm obsessed) at Captain Cook's and eat it on the beach at Polynesian and watch the fireworks.

Ohana is my favorite restaurant and Polynesian is my favorite resort, oh and dole whip is my favorite disney food lol...best date ever
I'll join in this topic

1) Have a nice afternoon in the outdoor jacuzzi & pool of your Bay Lake Resort, and then view the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach or dock with a drink to toast the day

2) Play the carnival games at the Boardwalk then head to Atlantic Dance Hall

3) I also love to stay at the Port Orleans, so being together on the boat ride between the Port Orleans Resort & Downtown Disney on the Sassagoula River at night is a very nice date night experience
__________________
DefLepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #380
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer
 
DIS_MERI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 478

Just got home from taking 4 girls to see Disney on Ice

Was a fun show and a nice Disney fix; the girls all loved it. DD16 is going to be quite the ally in getting DH to do Disney stuff, the whole outing was her idea



As far as the whole dating thing goes, it really is true that you never know when you will find someone. I used to dog POF, but then I used it anyway, lol. And there was this guy from POF that I mentioned on here (or, a previous version of this thread) that I was supposed to go out with, but was thinking about canceling because I thought he was telling me what I wanted to hear....well, apparently he did a good job because we got married last month The important thing, I think, is to figure out what is really important to you and find someone looking for close to the same thing. I'm 37, and was single for 4 years because I wanted to find my Mr. Right, and not just Mr. Right Now. I would have waited longer, if needed, to make sure I found someone who was right for me
__________________
Melissa + E (13) R (11) & I (7)
now including D + A (17) & A (14)
DIS_MERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #381
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran
 
1Grumpy9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Enola, PA
Posts: 776

Sorry I have been out of the loop lately on here. My parents started their treck to Florida last week and the odd year curse hit again. The camper broke down in NC and they came home until the camper could get fixed.

I have been busy...sat outside last weekend in the chilly cold for a hockey game (Saturday wasn't bad, but Sunday was brutal with wind).
__________________
"Don't tell people how good you are, tell them how good they make you."
'79, '80, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '91, '92, '93, '97, '99, '06, '08
'92 MMD (marched in SpectroMagic), '94 MMD(marched around WS) '11 - first stay on property, FW-'13


We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #382
Graeme
DIS Veteran
 
Graeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stockton on Tees
Posts: 1,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Darcy. You hit a 5 instead of 4 when you put you age. Just wanted to let you know
Smooth!
__________________
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #383
disneypryncess
DIS Veteran
 
disneypryncess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 516

Dating

Just jumping in....

I agree that we should wait for the person who is right for us.....but I also get how frustrating it can be while we are trying to find that person.

Here to hoping we all find some sane, happy, Disney loving princes/princesses in the New Year!

__________________
2012-DCL Magic, Art of Animation
2011-WL & GF & DCL Dream & DL-Paradise Pier
2010-Poly & ASMo & Uni Royal Pac,2009-YC
2008-Poly & DCL Wonder & Uni Hard Rock, Royal Pac
2007-DCL Magic, 2006-AKL & Pop
2005-WL, 2004-Cont, 2003-CS & ASMu
2002-BC, 2001-POR, Uni Portofino Bay & Hard Rock
2000-Poly, 1999-POFQ
1998-Disney Institute, 1997-ASSp, 1996-CBR
disneypryncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #384
Offsides
I enjoy being a girl
 
Offsides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post


As far as the whole dating thing goes, it really is true that you never know when you will find someone. I used to dog POF, but then I used it anyway, lol. And there was this guy from POF that I mentioned on here (or, a previous version of this thread) that I was supposed to go out with, but was thinking about canceling because I thought he was telling me what I wanted to hear....well, apparently he did a good job because we got married last month The important thing, I think, is to figure out what is really important to you and find someone looking for close to the same thing. I'm 37, and was single for 4 years because I wanted to find my Mr. Right, and not just Mr. Right Now. I would have waited longer, if needed, to make sure I found someone who was right for me
This is awesome. Congrats! :D
__________________
Offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #385
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man
 
Brocktoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Posts: 1,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grumpy9 View Post
I have been busy...sat outside last weekend in the chilly cold for a hockey game (Saturday wasn't bad, but Sunday was brutal with wind).

I don't mind colder weather, but these temps have been crazy the past few days. I've preferred cooler weather to warm in general, but when the temp drops below 10F, I've had my fill. I don't know how the folks in the more northern US get used to it. Looks like more reasonable upper 20s will start heading into the weekend
__________________

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #386
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran
 
1Grumpy9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Enola, PA
Posts: 776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I don't mind colder weather, but these temps have been crazy the past few days. I've preferred cooler weather to warm in general, but when the temp drops below 10F, I've had my fill. I don't know how the folks in the more northern US get used to it. Looks like more reasonable upper 20s will start heading into the weekend
Sitting outside on Saturday with the temps around 50, it was gorgeous. Sunday the wind kicked up and we all had 3 layers on and blankets wrapped around us. I was supposed to sit outside at another game on Tuesday, but with the night time temps around the 10's, I wasn't going to sit outside again.
__________________
"Don't tell people how good you are, tell them how good they make you."
'79, '80, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '91, '92, '93, '97, '99, '06, '08
'92 MMD (marched in SpectroMagic), '94 MMD(marched around WS) '11 - first stay on property, FW-'13


We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #387
Offsides
I enjoy being a girl
 
Offsides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I don't mind colder weather, but these temps have been crazy the past few days. I've preferred cooler weather to warm in general, but when the temp drops below 10F, I've had my fill. I don't know how the folks in the more northern US get used to it. Looks like more reasonable upper 20s will start heading into the weekend
I hate the super cold. It's been brutal here and I've been feeling like I am dying (being sick has not helped). I definitely prefer warmer weather.

I would sit outside and freeze for hockey though! If the Winter Classic hadn't been cancelled this year, I would've been out there bundled up with all the crazies.
__________________
Offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #388
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
I have never been there, I may have to make it part of the list for this year
Sounds like a plan for the next meet.... A SSC Astro Blaster tourney would be a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
well when I get there in May, I will have to make a point of going to both...and yeah, let us know about the sushi...
They did a review on Splitsville and the Sushi on last week's podcast. It seems that it was pretty good, and they will let you also order "off Menu" since the official menu is geared towards the novice sushi types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaSue22 View Post
Hello everyone! New to this site and would like to join this chat! Nothing interesting for me to say right now but thought I would say hello!
to the group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
What I find at age 36 is that there is no chance in finding what I am looking for in a woman .
I Call BullSh.....

I'm not that much younger and recently managed to find someone. It'll happen, just don't stress too much and it'll come when you least expect it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
I will have to tell you all that in this thread alone, we have had several members find their prince/princess and I think that most of them said the same thing...so it is very possible for you all to find that one person who get's your love for Disney. so hang out with us here, have some cool conversations and meet some pretty awesome people...you never know when pixie dust will be sprinkled upon you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
It is so great to see new people posting! Welcome to everyone.
Agreed!

to all the newbies who've recently joined the thread! We always love having new people join us around here, so feel free to pull up a chair and order up a drink. I'm sure we can find the bartender around here someplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILGoofy View Post
New here, and I just read all 25 pages to catch up. Is there an award for that?

I'm early thirties, but when it comes to Disney, I'm closer to 10 years old. Anybody going in September?
We gave up LONG ago on trying to "catch" up on the threads. Our past several SSC threads (I think this is thread 4 or 5 now) had a tendency to move way too fast and be so topically ADD that it was almost impossible to keep up, and in just 3 or 4 pages we'd jump between 5-8 different conversation topics.

So the moral of this story, Don't feel like you need to be all caught up to get the most from this thread and the cool people who occupy it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
All depends on the "type" of date.

1. Day date. Would be a day at Epcot riding the rides, lunch and drinks at WS and watching illuminations.

2. Night date. Dinner at yachtsman following by jellyrolls. If there is a big game on we could go to ESPN instead ( yes im female and understand the importance of sports).
What if it's an all day date?

Funny thing, my first "Disney date" with my Fiance wasn't really planned as such, [was planned as just hanging out with a SSC friend on my arrival day], but it was a blast.

I arrived in Florida and headed off to EPCOT. She met me shortly after I got there.

We spent the late morning/Early afternoon going around the World Showcase enjoying Food&Wine goodies and the occasional ride and show. From there, we hopped over to MGM Via the International Gateway. Some rides at MGM.... and a visit to the Tune Inn for a real meal and more drinks. Then Back to EPCOT...and rode SSE on our way out of the park.

From there, we went over to my resort so I could check in, and get changed/cleaned up so we could go to Universal and Citywalk. We then spent the night club hopping and dancing around Citywalk until they closed.

All in all, a very enjoyable day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grumpy9 View Post
Sorry I have been out of the loop lately on here. My parents started their treck to Florida last week and the odd year curse hit again. The camper broke down in NC and they came home until the camper could get fixed.

I have been busy...sat outside last weekend in the chilly cold for a hockey game (Saturday wasn't bad, but Sunday was brutal with wind).
How was the Outdoor Classic? I would've loved to go, but sadly was in NJ during the game since I had other things that I needed to do. Thankfully, the NHL finally decided to stop *****ing and start playing this weekend... so I did get a hockey fix.....even if my team is off to a horrible start. Oh well....
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #389
Offsides
I enjoy being a girl
 
Offsides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

How was the Outdoor Classic? I would've loved to go, but sadly was in NJ during the game since I had other things that I needed to do. Thankfully, the NHL finally decided to stop *****ing and start playing this weekend... so I did get a hockey fix.....even if my team is off to a horrible start. Oh well....
You're not the only one. The Wings are terrible this year and are having absolutely no luck with staying away from injuries/illness. Ugh.
__________________
Offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #390
megan_in_pink
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 161

It is ok the wings will never do as badly as the leafs :D

So cold over here in montreal that I am jumping back in tonight.
megan_in_pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: