Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #286
nezy
DIS Veteran

Sounds stress free.Lola
Hi I am nezy not new to dis but new to this thread.
So excited to go back home. Just got APs for everyone and looking forward to using them repeatedly
Old 12-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #287
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

So is anyone else snowed in? I think we got about 9 inches. We had tickets to see Coldplay last night. The show was fantastic and a band called Naturally 7 opened for them. They are an acuppella group and did amazing things with their voices. We made it home, but got stuck 1/2 way up my driveway, so we are waiting for the plow guy.

Since NYE is only a few days away, does anyone have anything planned? We have decided that we are going to have a nice quiet night at home. DS is happy since he said we "ditched" him last NYE, because we went out alone.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #288
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

The snow was pretty much a bust near Philly. I think we got maybe an inch before it turned to rain and washed away. Things did ice up pretty good towards night which made things a mess though.

No major NYE plans for me. I did have tickets for Jane's Addiction, but after fighting the flu for a better part of this week, I gave the tickets to some friends. I just don't really feel like driving to Atlantic City and dealing with any big crowds. Kinda boring I guess, but I'm just going to have a friend over for NYE, stay off the roads, drink various beverages ... pizza and snacks ... watch movies and Dr Who marathon on BBC ... Not the most exciting time, but it should be relaxing

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #289
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Not much snow here, just a dusting. Sun's out, so it should be gone by end of day. Was in city yesterday for Phish show at Garden, there was a bowl game on in bar beforehand that was being played in Yankee Stadium, less than 10 miles away, and they were getting lots of snow. We walked out to go to Garden and there was just a trace of snow.

Have several options for NYE, lots of good shows to go to but am thinking of playing it safe and staying in.

Two weeks from today I will have completed my first full marathon down at DW!

Happy New Year, everyone!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #290
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Duramax View Post
Anyone going to be at WDW march 9-14?
I will be! Start of spring break for me and DD9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
So is anyone else snowed in? I think we got about 9 inches. We had tickets to see Coldplay last night. The show was fantastic and a band called Naturally 7 opened for them. They are an acuppella group and did amazing things with their voices. We made it home, but got stuck 1/2 way up my driveway, so we are waiting for the plow guy.

Since NYE is only a few days away, does anyone have anything planned? We have decided that we are going to have a nice quiet night at home. DS is happy since he said we "ditched" him last NYE, because we went out alone.
Guess it is the good thing about living in Houston, we almost never get snow. But truthfully I'd like some!!! We are doing NYE at my place with all the kiddos! Should be interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmercer25 View Post
Got the postcard in the mail saying my AP was about to expire. Since I went about 10 times this year vs. my usual 2-3, I'm going to have to conclude I'll be renewing
I have to say, I didn't renew this year. Cost went up so much, especially since my kid is gonna cost the same as me for an AP that it is cheaper to do without this year. Was hard to decide, but it was what made sense for me...
Old 12-31-2012, 03:49 AM   #291
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post

Tony and I are staying home tonight. Got some Champagne for the toast but not much else. January 1 I am on call so can't go crazy. Wanted to head to Winter Garden to meet up with friends. Haven't heard about New years plans from them. . .but at this point not leaving home. Want to ring in the new year with my love and he has to work New Years Day. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:34 AM   #292
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

What's everybody doing for New Years Eve tonight? I am just relaxing with a few drinks at home and watching Disney/Abc shows since i work till 2Pm today.Last year I was in Times Square but had to leave before the balldrop just wanted to hangout for a few hours pre balldrop is fun up there and seen the balldrop many times before.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #293
katwisc
Earning My Ears

Haven't decided what to do tonight. I've been sick since right after Christmas, so I probably should stay in one more night and avoid a relapse, but it seems such a bummer to sit on the couch..
katwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #294
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=katwisc;47036465]Haven't decided what to do tonight. I've been sick since right after Christmas, so I probably should stay in one more night and avoid a relapse, but it seems such a bummer to sit on the couch..[/QUOTE Hope whatever you do its a fun night. Happy New Year.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #295
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

I'll be spending a quiet night at home, I have to work tomorrow, so no partying tonight. Not that I really would have anyways.

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #296
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Happy New Years all

Add some Pixie Dust to your lives

Toast
Old 12-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #297
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice2 View Post
I was in your shoes last year. This year was much better. I know how it feels to be totally drained. I was looking at condos in Florida when I was there this past November.

I am ready to retire there now too.
would you like a room mate /

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #298
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Happy New Year to my Dis family
Old 01-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #299
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Happy New Year to my Dis family
Same to you sir! and the rest of the DIS crew! Had my drink and movie fill to end the year. Ended the year will a decent distilled spirit (Luksusowa) and a horrible movie chosen by a friend (who based the selection on her love of Christina Ricci) ... Bucky Larson Yep, I hope Ricci is forever linked to that masterpiece

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #300
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Okay, so Tony was way asleep before the new years toast. I am waiting now for west coast Toast. . .after that its to bed for me. . .lol.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: