Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #151
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Is there still room for a new member?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #152
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving! Was at the local beer distributor tonight and picked up a six pack of Mad Elf for tomorrow.
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #153
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving! Was at the local beer distributor tonight and picked up a six pack of Mad Elf for tomorrow.
Excellent choice sir! I had to take care of the alcohol for my family's festivities today. For early snacks and dinner I'm bringing Brooklyn Lager and some bottles of moscato wine (family likes sweet wines). For the all important after dinner, I've got some Mad Elf, Baileys, Adult Choc Milk, and spiced apple wine. I'm only bringing a few bottles of Mad Elf, as I tend to horde my case

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #154
Brocktoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
I'm pretty sure it's like Jello ... there's always room.

It may be a little quiet around here for the next few days with folks traveling and busy with the Thanksgiving holiday.

- Neil Peart
Old 11-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #155
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
ummmm...YEAH!!!
we love new freinds, an whn everyone else comes back, you will certainly get a proper welcome.
feel free to hang with us, give some input and just enjoy!

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #156
GrumpyGoofyFan
Earning My Ears

New Years

I am going to be @ Walt Disney World for New Years. I figure Epcot is the place to be. How is it? Also do single females go there to have fun? or is it mostly couples.
GrumpyGoofyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:29 AM   #157
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the newbies that just jumped on board. If you were a lurker you know we know how to have fun. If you are single and looking for a mate, there are still quite a few singles on the thread that are fun and awesome. If you are looking for the next DISmeet up stay tuned. We meet up several times a year and not everyone meets at the same time. Because I am a "local" I tend to meet with as many groups as I can when they come to town. This is a fun place. Jump in, start a new topic, continue an old topic. . .nothing is off limits here.

8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:33 AM   #158
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyFan View Post
I am going to be @ Walt Disney World for New Years. I figure Epcot is the place to be. How is it? Also do single females go there to have fun? or is it mostly couples.
I have actually never been to WDW during New Years so have no clue what you will find. I went to Disneyland once during New Years and it was a mad house so have not done a park on New Years since. Sorry, wish I had more info for you.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #159
GrumpyGoofyFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
I have actually never been to WDW during New Years so have no clue what you will find. I went to Disneyland once during New Years and it was a mad house so have not done a park on New Years since. Sorry, wish I had more info for you.
It's cool. I assume it would be a mad house and that I would need to stay in the park for the entire day. No re-entry I would assume, because it may reach limit capacity.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #160
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:
It's cool. I assume it would be a mad house and that I would need to stay in the park for the entire day. No re-entry I would assume, because it may reach limit capacity.
You are correct, it is a madhouse, about 14 years ago I met a friend & his Gf at Epcot on New Years

I was driving in from South Florida and at 8:30 am Disney had a portable variable-message sign up just before Epcot saying the Magic Kingdom Lot Full and MK closed, I pulled into Epcot and parked on the very last row, only minimal parking still open before 9am

Beer lines ? OMG Very very long and they wouldn't let me buy two at a time because I didn't have another person standing with me that changed when I met up with my buddy

I also agree with what you pointed out, you 'might' or 'will' have to stay in the park all day because of capacity limits, dress warm but tie the arms of your jacket and stuff around you during the day, I got hot during the day with too many layers but was freezing at night, coldest night I personally spent at Epcot, especially after my "friend" threw my hat in the fountain in front of Germany cuz I didn't want a shot of Yager

I chalked it up to one of those events you can check off your life's must do list

Last edited by DefLepard; 11-23-2012 at 02:42 PM.
DefLepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #161
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. my girlfriend is planning on going down to spend it with her daughter and invited me down. free place to stay and no rental car!! just the flight and spending money.....hmmmm...what to do, what to do....

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #162
GrumpyGoofyFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
You are correct, it is a madhouse, about 14 years ago I met a friend & his Gf at Epcot on New Years

I was driving in from South Florida and at 8:30 am Disney had a portable variable-message sign up just before Epcot saying the Magic Kingdom Lot Full and MK closed, I pulled into Epcot and parked on the very last row, only minimal parking still open before 9am

Beer lines ? OMG Very very long and they wouldn't let me buy two at a time because I didn't have another person standing with me that changed when I met up with my buddy

I also agree with what you pointed out, you 'might' or 'will' have to stay in the park all day because of capacity limits, dress warm but tie the arms of your jacket and stuff around you during the day, I got hot during the day with too many layers but was freezing at night, coldest night I personally spent at Epcot, especially after my "friend" threw my hat in the fountain in front of Germany cuz I didn't want a shot of Yager

I chalked it up to one of those events you can check off your life's must do list
Thank you for your funny story. There is always something! Good info as well. Thanks
Old 11-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #163
GrumpyGoofyFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. my girlfriend is planning on going down to spend it with her daughter and invited me down. free place to stay and no rental car!! just the flight and spending money.....hmmmm...what to do, what to do....
What would you do instead? NYC? Have you ever been to Disney on New Years Eve?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #164
chiburple
Mouseketeer

So have any of you ever gotten back from a Disney trip and regretted not making a purchase? I saw a gorgeous clock in epcot Japan but didn't buy it and now wishing I had. I already tried the Disney store website and it's not there. Is there any other way of getting it - like maybe calling the store? Has anyone ever found a way to buy something from the parks after the fact?
Old 11-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #165
Brocktoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
So have any of you ever gotten back from a Disney trip and regretted not making a purchase? I saw a gorgeous clock in epcot Japan but didn't buy it and now wishing I had. I already tried the Disney store website and it's not there. Is there any other way of getting it - like maybe calling the store? Has anyone ever found a way to buy something from the parks after the fact?
For most of the Disney run stores in WDW, you can try calling the merchandise #. It's been couple years, but in the past I've regretted snagging some X-mas ornaments that I couldn't find anywhere but onsite. I called the # and told them the store and described the item and they were able to ship to me. I've heard results can vary, especially with the World Showcase stores ... but it's worth a shot.

The # I have is 407-363-6200 ... hopefully it's up to date ... good luck and happy hunting! Usually with Epcot after I've had a few drinks, I end up with things I regret purchasing

- Neil Peart

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: