Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
8timesblessed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
I also purchased some things from the "DebbiemomofJack" for our past trip and was not impressed with the quality, or communication. Shipping took about 7 weeks and I had to ask questions several times before they were answered. (The only question being: Is everything OK with this order?)

The shirts and backpack I got were fine, but not top notch. The shirts were thinner and the embroidery slightly sloppy. After two washes they are already looking a little worn. Nothing terrible, just not great either.

She does have a HUGE selection, though.
She wasn't my favorite either. Like you communication wasn't great. I sent some designers Old Navy shirts or asked that they use them because the Gilden brand shirts alot of them use are awful! I would rather pay more for a good shirt.
I'm having alot of issues for this trip as well. It seems hard to find sellers with a quick turn around for more detailed stuff.

Magical Memories by Jessica did the boys tees, she hand cuts and doesn't use an embroidery machine so the designs are usually bigger which I ended up liking but not at first.

Debbiemomofjack did these

Debbiemomofjack did the black tee and Jessica at magical memories did the orange tee. Alot more detailing in hers.

I'm getting alot of my boys shirts from Pirate and Princess Couture and she does amazing work but the shirts are alot more.
1st trip VGC May 2010, WDW with 2boys 3/11, WDW all of us 10/11, DH and I DL 12/11, surprise trip for our youngest coming up 2/29-3/3! 6th birthday on Route 66 June 20-23. DL 12/1-10/12. DL 10/29-11/7. First Cruise May 2014 and WDW for Star wars weekend.
8timesblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
darlenesmommy
Mouseketeer

My sister used her and loved them. I know she can also leave off names (I asked because I was thinking of getting some). http://www.etsy.com/shop/MissMorgan?section_id=7664112
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #18
mydisneymoney
Prince Alex's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8timesblessed View Post
She wasn't my favorite either. Like you communication wasn't great. I sent some designers Old Navy shirts or asked that they use them because the Gilden brand shirts alot of them use are awful! I would rather pay more for a good shirt.
I'm having alot of issues for this trip as well. It seems hard to find sellers with a quick turn around for more detailed stuff.

As someone who makes and sells shirts on Etsy, I can tell you that it is not easy. It takes a long time (1.5-2 hours) to make a shirt if you really want it to turn out nice. I never send something out that I wouldn't wear myself or let someone in my family wear. The more custom you want it, the longer it takes to set up and stitch out. Most people have no idea the time it takes especially when they contact me about buying shirts for their family of 8 and need them in a week. It isn't going to happen. I already stay up to 11 or 12 at night working on shirts. So my work of advise when looking at buying shirt for your family, the further in advance you can place the order, the better.

Last edited by mydisneymoney; 10-24-2012 at 10:18 PM.
mydisneymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #19
8timesblessed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneymoney View Post
As someone who makes and sells shirts on Etsy, I can tell you that it is not easy. It takes a long time (1.5-2 hours) to make a shirt if you really want it to turn out nice. I never send something out that I wouldn't wear myself or let someone in my family wear. The more custom you want it, the longer it takes to set up and stitch out. Most people have no idea the time it takes especially when they contact me about buying shirts for their family of 8 and need them in a week. It isn't going to happen. I already stay up to 11 or 12 at night working on shirts. So my work of advise when looking at buying shirt for your family, the further in advance you can place the order, the better.
I know that's why I ordered in June and paid and still nothing. Most sellers wanted money up front but paypal only allows a 45 day period so it's getting very frustrating. But a good designer is hard to get in with. I'm just having a hard time with people who pay after me but their trip comes before mine so they get priority!
1st trip VGC May 2010, WDW with 2boys 3/11, WDW all of us 10/11, DH and I DL 12/11, surprise trip for our youngest coming up 2/29-3/3! 6th birthday on Route 66 June 20-23. DL 12/1-10/12. DL 10/29-11/7. First Cruise May 2014 and WDW for Star wars weekend.
8timesblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #20
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8timesblessed

I know that's why I ordered in June and paid and still nothing. Most sellers wanted money up front but paypal only allows a 45 day period so it's getting very frustrating. But a good designer is hard to get in with. I'm just having a hard time with people who pay after me but their trip comes before mine so they get priority!
I ordered from chloesmommy on Etsy and had my sons adorable shirt delivered with a week! I was very pleased with quality and service! I did pay for rushed shipping but the shirt was perfect for our trip to Carsland! Communication with Julie was great! She responds almost immediate! I wish I could upload the pic because her shirts are soooo cute!

rsleleux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #21
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux

I ordered from chloesmommy on Etsy and had my sons adorable shirt delivered with a week! I was very pleased with quality and service! I did pay for rushed shipping but the shirt was perfect for our trip to Carsland! Communication with Julie was great! She responds almost immediate! I wish I could upload the pic because her shirts are soooo cute!
Her website was www.uniquekidswithcharacter.com, I had a pleasant experience!

rsleleux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #22
oojam

Hi everyone.. Is there anyone who can share his/her experience with sunnyscustomtailor? i need to know about them. i heard that they are very good tailor.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:59 AM   #23
lisajgale07
Earning My Ears

Tailor made shirts

I had a suit made in hongkong city. I love it. Tailor made shirts, a suit jacket, a western evening dress, a vietnamese evening dress, suit trousers and skirt and a scarf came to $200 and the suit was really good fabric. We ordered them (allow several hours to choose fabric and styles and be measured), came back three days later to check they fitted, and it was brilliant. Well worthwhile, and I'm telling hongkong is much better for clothes.

to know more.........................................tajta ilors.com.hk
lisajgale07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: