Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
Imoutnumbered
Earning My Ears

Custom shirts

Wasn't sure what to label this- but I'm looking to get the kids all shirts made for Disney in matching hue of colors so they are easier to find. I have a friend embroider some Mickey heads but looking for other suggestions? Is there a link or a post with ideas? What ideas do you have? One set will be pirate/ princess, one will be cars (lighting McQueen and holly shiftwell. Just need to find her fabric and not sure on the last. Probably normal Mickey/ Minnie's. $
Imoutnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
mydisneymoney
Prince Alex's Mom

Why not search Etsy.com to get some other ideas. If you friend has an embroidery machine, she can probably embroidery just about anything. I make Disney shirts. There are TONS of embroidery designs out there. Not sure how old your children are. There is the whole Jake and the Neverland Pirate characters out there (Jake, Izzy, Cubby, Captain Hook, Mr. Schmee, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell). You are already doing Cars. There are safari and indiana jones mickey heads. There are Star Wars mickey heads. Just search on etsy for something like "Disney family shirts" or "Disney Shirts" and you come up with lots of ideas.
mydisneymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
AnneUCSB
Mouseketeer

I second etsy.com. There are SOOOO many choices and a range of prices. Fun idea!
AnneUCSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
kaci
Mouseketeer

Lots of ideas on this section of the boards and this thread.
kaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
lsulindy
DIS Veteran

I usually search etsy and then show my favorites to my embroidery lady.

The Dis thread is great, but takes a long time to go through.

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!

lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

I've ordered multiple custom shirts for Disney trips (and birthdays and holidays) from Etsy and, bar none, the best maker I worked with, in every way, has been MadeCuteJust4U.

I just kind of stumbled on her for my son's 3rd birthday shirt and have been using her ever since. I've tried other vendors and the quality (of both embroidery and shirt itself) and ease of communication with Amber is just the very best. She's also great at doing custom items, beyond what she shows in her store. I've always been SOOO happy with her.

I ordered a bunch of shirts (kind of went overboard) for my son for our most recent trip and the one I got from Amber was by far my favorite (see pic below).

coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
hollyshoffbrau
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
I've ordered multiple custom shirts for Disney trips (and birthdays and holidays) from Etsy and, bar none, the best maker I worked with, in every way, has been MadeCuteJust4U.

I just kind of stumbled on her for my son's 3rd birthday shirt and have been using her ever since. I've tried other vendors and the quality (of both embroidery and shirt itself) and ease of communication with Amber is just the very best. She's also great at doing custom items, beyond what she shows in her store. I've always been SOOO happy with her.

I ordered a bunch of shirts (kind of went overboard) for my son for our most recent trip and the one I got from Amber was by far my favorite (see pic below).

Super cute!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

[img]361[/img]

Last edited by rsleleux; 10-23-2012 at 11:28 PM.
rsleleux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

[img]361.jpg[/img] Sorry I tried to upload the supercute shirt I bought on Etsy but with no luck? I agree try Etsy and you will find what you are looking for!

Last edited by rsleleux; 10-23-2012 at 11:17 PM.
rsleleux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #10
8timesblessed
Mouseketeer

Alot of designers have moved to Facebook as well and set up pages. I've used many.
I like magical memories by Jessica, Glitzysisters on Etsy, Debbiemomofjack on etsy. Depends on how much you want to spend. There are pricier sellers that do more custom work. Pirate and Princess Couture, Absolutely Handmade, ELB Boutique etc.

I love having all of us in matching stuff!
1st trip VGC May 2010, WDW with 2boys 3/11, WDW all of us 10/11, DH and I DL 12/11, surprise trip for our youngest coming up 2/29-3/3! 6th birthday on Route 66 June 20-23. DL 12/1-10/12. DL 10/29-11/7. First Cruise May 2014 and WDW for Star wars weekend.
8timesblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
tanyaewa
Just can't get enough!

My favourite gal on etsy is kristy at her BabyPaige shop. She is so sweet and does great work. Her service is outstanding. They last order we did was over 20 shirts. And she did them all slightly differently and was so quick and reasonably priced! Highly recommend.
I found her when I was looking for a tooth fairy pillow for my sons and now she has done 3 sets of Disney shirts too! I am going to contact her soon for our Dec trip.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #12
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Somebody on the Dis had Mickey tie dye shirts that were pretty amazing. The Mickey head was in the center and then tie dye expanded from there. Clever people on this website.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8timesblessed View Post
Alot of designers have moved to Facebook as well and set up pages. I've used many.
I like magical memories by Jessica, Glitzysisters on Etsy, Debbiemomofjack on etsy. Depends on how much you want to spend. There are pricier sellers that do more custom work. Pirate and Princess Couture, Absolutely Handmade, ELB Boutique etc.

I love having all of us in matching stuff!

I also purchased some things from the "DebbiemomofJack" for our past trip and was not impressed with the quality, or communication. Shipping took about 7 weeks and I had to ask questions several times before they were answered. (The only question being: Is everything OK with this order?)

The shirts and backpack I got were fine, but not top notch. The shirts were thinner and the embroidery slightly sloppy. After two washes they are already looking a little worn. Nothing terrible, just not great either.

She does have a HUGE selection, though.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
Imoutnumbered
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I have a neighbor who does appliqué and embroidery so I was needing some ideas for her. I'm super lucky to have her since I'm trying to stay on budget. We live in Hawaii and shipping makes even shirts costly
Imoutnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
mydisneymoney
Prince Alex's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imoutnumbered View Post
Thanks! I have a neighbor who does appliqué and embroidery so I was needing some ideas for her. I'm super lucky to have her since I'm trying to stay on budget. We live in Hawaii and shipping makes even shirts costly
Your friend should be able to find applique designs to use on her machine on Etsy. I also use www.froufroubyheathersue.com a lot for my shirts. I can usually find anything Disney related that a customer might want. Have fun creating your shirts.
mydisneymoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: