Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Hooray for Hollywood

Lets get to the park!
We made our way to the bus stop, which was so nice! Why? Because the Grand Floridian is trying out a new tv that has the bus schedule! It was very nice knowing when the bus was coming.

We got onto the beautiful motor coach that I have missed so much. On our way to our first park of the trip!

Soon we arrived at the wonderful Hollywood Studios. Get me to them ghosts!!!!

I am lucky enough to have a wonderful sister who loves me enough to get me in with her main gate pass.

Our first stop: To see them ghosts!!!!! Off to the Hollywood tower hotel

We learned our lesson quickly during our first trip to the tower, split up or we get stuck in the back.
I don’t know what I was thinking getting in first I hate sitting on the end for specific reasons.

The first round no ghosts were spotted.
Alicia had fun copying a girl from our past may trip, just stretching for the picture. Don't want to pull a hammy!

Now the main reason I hate sitting on the side of the cart, that stupid dummy in the basement at the very end of the ride! But seriously I was jumping out of my seat practically on top of Brittany because I can’t stand that thing!

Once we all made it out safely we decided to go again. Hey why not?!

This time we were smart and split up, and all ended up in the front row. Prime seating for seeing them ghosts!

What do you know we saw them ghosts! Sally Shine to be exact. So creepy but I love it.

This time I decided to join Alicia in some leg stretching since I was going to be missing a week of dance.

After what I believe to be a good ride we decided to say goodbye to the tower and say hello to the Rockin Roller Coaster! Alicia and Andy decided to head off on there own and get something to eat.

Who doesn't love Disney Pizza and that wonderful side salad?!

Rockin Roller Coaster had a longer line than Tower of Terror. I was getting hotter and hotter by the second, welcome to Orlando!

We finally reached the AC
But once you get inside you get to experience those beautiful marble doors. Please keep your grody hands off them! But for real so much dead skin on the back of those doors

The sad part about being a party of 3 is someone has to ride alone. Brittany volunteered as tribute this round.

After our fun limo ride and a perfect concert we had time to spare before we had to head to dinner. Why not take a trip into the movies?!

We did a little detour and stopped to look at the Halloween Merchandise

I wanted to buy all of it, but instead I bought none. After we scoped out the merchandise and candidates for our snack credits we were on our way.

Now lets take a trip into the movies! The line was longer then we thought but decided to stick with it anyways. We ended up watching the movie reel 4 times, never gets old.

I’m so GLAD we waited because we got the western scene!!!!! AHHHHH that never happens.
I jumped so high when the cowboy came out, I should have known!

When our tour through the movies ended we tried booking it to dinner. Except Alicia and Andy were waiting outside. We discussed what the game plan was and where we were all going to meet after our dinner was over.

We were definitely going to be late for dinner now! Where are we eating tonight?
Old 10-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #17
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

I'm joining along!

I'm also 20 and an Education major so I feel you when it comes to being a TOTAL child in Disney. My favorite place.

Love the review so far!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
enchantedrosex
Why you ackin' so cray-cray?

Lovin the report so far...totally gonna follow!
Cheers to livin classy
Old 10-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #19
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Oooh, Grand Floridian! Very jealous.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #20
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Wow, the Grand Floridian looks very posh and classy. SOOO, the woman who gives out Teddy Bears is not a CM?? Interesting
Old 11-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #21
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaittloveex View Post
I'm joining along!

I'm also 20 and an Education major so I feel you when it comes to being a TOTAL child in Disney. My favorite place.

Love the review so far!

yay education majors!!! and yay for being 20 and still acting like children!!!
We are like twins! 20, education majors and our favorite place is Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedrosex View Post
Lovin the report so far...totally gonna follow!
Cheers to livin classy
Thank you so much! Its only a once in a lifetime chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Oooh, Grand Floridian! Very jealous.
Its such a beautiful resort, too bad its so pricey. Thank goodness for cast member discounts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Wow, the Grand Floridian looks very posh and classy. SOOO, the woman who gives out Teddy Bears is not a CM?? Interesting
Its so classy! She is not, she just hangs out there all the time. Which is probably why many people think that. To be honest I never got a good look at her so I have no clue what she even looks like, and I saw her in the lobby probably 4 times on this trip.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #22
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Let's Get In Trouble

Where are we eating tonight?! 50 PRIMETIME!!!

I have been to this restaurant 3 times before so I was not knew to the whole experience. It was Brittany and Chelseas first time though, Brittany was very excited to eat here. We were all excited to get in trouble!

We were late to Dinner, of course. But no worries we still got to eat! Bring on the DISNEY FOOD!!!!

I love the atmosphere of this restaurant, it’s the reason why I always go back. With this restaurant you can either get a really good experience or a boring one. I’ve had really good ones and not so good, it all really depends on your waiter and where you sit.

Before we got seated we maybe waited about 5 minutes, just enough time to take some photos.

Brittany thinking she is in the doctors office.

We were seated in the back room, our “family” was a little on the boring side but I did ever thing in my power to make it a fun experience. We tried putting our elbows on the table and playing on our phones but nothing worked.

Our “cousin” just kept telling us to put our phone away, lame. The only funny thing was is that he actually turned off Brittany’s phone.

Besides the sad experience we had, the food totally made up for it!

First we started with some drinks. Me and Chelsea got the cherry coke and Brittany I believe got the Vanilla Coke.

Onto entrees, I already knew what I was going to get while planning this trip. I got the Pot Roast, as did Brittany. Chelsea got the fried chicken. While we waited we had to set the table, teamwork!

Oh my goodness let me tell you the pot roast is soooo good! It took probably only 10 minutes for me and Brittany to eat it. DISNEY FOOD IS THE BEST FOOD

Chelsea on the other hand did not really even touch any of her chicken. Maybe because they give you so many pieces. Girl, you're on the dining plan get ready for a whole lot of food!

TIME FOR SOME DESSERT!!!!

I choose the apple cobbler, it was good but not as good as the delicious apple crisp they have over at Sci-fi.

Brittany chose the Daddy’s sundae. I got this the last time I ate here, so big! Brownies, ice cream, caramel corn, hot fudge. Definitely a sweet treat.

Chelsea was going to go without dessert until we told her that it came with the dinning plan so you better get it! She ended up choosing the s’mores, which she said were good.

Before we ate our dessert Chelsea took a picture with Brittanys dessert why you ask? Mickey sprinkles was on her list for the scavenger hunt. Check

After eating most of my dessert I decided to do some coloring while we waited for our cousin to come back and get the bill. I’m a child!

Our cousin soon came back to check up on us while bringing us to go cups in the cute Halloween cups! How kind! He then asked if we wanted a picture of us all together. He waited and made sure that the tv said primetime on it.

After our delicious mean it was time to find Alicia and Andy. When we left the restaurant I heard the camp rock theme song playing, that must mean Disney Channel Rocks show was performing. Of course we decided to check it out. WHen we arrived they were bringing children with them to dance, me and Chelsea were the only "older" people to go rock out. Again I'm a child

After a fun time rocking out, it was time to do some high school musical. Being the nerdy child that I am I decided to join them in doing the All in this together dance with them on the side. Seriously I would not be mad getting a job in Disney Channel Rocks.

After the show ended we meet up with Alicia and Andy by the Little Mermaid. Before we decided to head over to draw and animation academy I decided to purchase a Tiana crown. My favorite princess! Brittany had her belle crown from a past trip so I decided hey why not? I normally get a pair of mickey ears every trip so it was a nice change.

Now Lets Go Draw!!!!

Old 11-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #23
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Drawing, Imagination, and CHIPPPSSSS!

We went over to Animation Academy to see how long the wait was till the next drawing class. Luckily we didn’t have to wait to long. Once everyone got settled in it was time to see who we were going to be drawing.

After naming off a lot of characters it came down to Rapunzel….no ones mad!
My poor Rapunzel turned out real bad, I’m not a fan of not having an eraser. Let’s see everyone’s drawing!!

Just being Rapunzel

After our fun time drawing we decided to say goodbye Hollywood Studios and make our way over to Epcot. Alicia and Andy had dinner reservations at San Angel and Brittany, Chelsea, and Me were just going to enjoy the EMH.

Once we arrived it was drizzling out, of course just our luck. Thanks okay I love Disney Rain!

We didn’t really have a game plan, Alicia and Andy had time to waste before they had to go to dinner so we decided to go on Spaceship earth. At this time I believe Brittany found out that she could skype her parents thanks to the new free wifi.

After Spaceship earth we headed over to swim with Nemo and his friends. Three of us crammed into a clam mobile and we ready for our adventure. My favorite part is the ending when they sing In the big blue world. I love that song!!!!

After the ride Alicia and Andy decided to head over to Mexico. The 3 of us then decided to look around and by that I had to get on thing off my scavenger list check off. Picture in the mouth of a shark!

We waited a while for Crush’s turtle talk but it took forever and we had things to do. Next we went to one of mine and Brittany’s favorite little purple dragon. Off to use our IMAGINATION!!!!

Whenever we talk about Figment we always think of Alicia’s friend Bobby who worked there during is DCP. So during our tour we were on the Bobby lookout even though we knew he wasn’t going to be there.

After Figment we decided to head over to the World Showcase. It was almost time for Illuminations so we decided we might as well watch it. I haven’t seen it in forever. Before we found a spot I decided to use the restroom and of course I chose the one with only 2 stalls so the long was forever long.

Because of that long line we didn’t really get a spot for the fireworks so we decided to start walking and watch them until we found a spot. We ended up just stopping by Mexico to watch them.

I got a funny show from the two drunken ladies who happened to be standing in front of us. And by the I mean leaning on each other for support. WELCOME TO THE FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL!
They ended up “dancing” away into some other part of the showcase.

Disney music seriously is the best! I couldn’t contain myself I just had to dance. I mean you’re in Disney, watching fireworks, listening to magical music, you just have to dance!

Once Illuminations was over we decided to walk the world showcase. We decided to stop and take some photos along the way.

Anyone home?

With Alicia and Andy

Their dinner was at Alicia’s favorite restaurant San Angel in the Mexico Pavillion.
I remember Alish texting me that she got stuck by annoying family, and by that mean a mean dad.

That didn’t stop them from enjoying their meal! First food out some chips and salsa.
THEMMMM CHIPPPSSS!!! They are so delicious, I don’t even need the salsa just give me them chips.

Alicia order the usual, Pollo A Las Rajas

I’m not sure what Andy ordered but here is a picture of it

Alicia texted me if I could come to mexico to take a picture of them. Of course she would ask me that when I was on the other side of the showcase. I made Brittany and Chelsea put it in reverse and walk over there. The only condition was Alicia had to get me a school bread.

When we got to Mexico she was kind enough to bring us out a take out box full of them chips!!!!
Seriously so good, Me and Brittany scarfed them down.

Just practicing my photopass photography

Alicia and Andy called it a night while the rest of us roamed the showcase till midnight!!!

Let the adventure begin!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #24
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Great update! Mmm, San Angel Inn is so yummy. One of my faves.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #25
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Count me in!
This looks like a super fun trip! Living classy is always a win

I'm sorry you didn't get in enough trouble in Prime Time.
That is the best part!!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #26
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Ohhh classy GFLO! I'm in!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #27
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Great update! Mmm, San Angel Inn is so yummy. One of my faves.
It is really good!!! I also really like the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Count me in!
This looks like a super fun trip! Living classy is always a win

I'm sorry you didn't get in enough trouble in Prime Time.
That is the best part!!
Thanks for joining along!!!
Prime time was a little sad...but then again the food was really good so it made up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Ohhh classy GFLO! I'm in!
Welcome!!!
Thanks for coming along on this adventure

Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #28
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Around The World in a Night!

After Alicia and Andy left us we decided to make our way around the World Showcase. Our first stop NORWAY!!! My favorite pavilion…the smell is perfect

When Vikings Attack!!!!

After the attack of the Vikings we decided to go on Maelstrom. Velcome to Norvay!!!

Don’t look at the eye or you’ll be cursed, Don’t take a picture of the eye because your phone’s camera wont be able to find it quick enough…..

After a nice visit from trolls and polar bears we were off to check off something on Brittanys list. A picture with a troll!

Next thing we have left to do in Norvay is smell that beautiful smell. For those of you who have not smelled Norway you are missing out. Its called Laila the essence of Norway. It’s perfect!

Now lets keep going. So all this night I was discussing how I was going to run the whole World Showcase
1) It was on my list for the scavenger hunt
2) I didn’t want run it in the day time because of the heat.
Sadly I did not end up completing the mission…maybe next time.

Instead lets do so jumping photos.

Next stop Germany! First we decided to take some photos at the wishing well.

Anyone down there?!

We decided to look in the shops where Brittany was in heaven with all the Rapunzel section.

Real classy!

After a couple minutes browsing and on the look out for cute cast members we then went to visit one of Brittanys favorite places to eat.

While planning this trip and planning dinners, she would always throw out how much she loves the Biegarten. I was not really a fan of German food, but I already promised her that the next time we go I will eat there. I will probably end up liking it, I mean it’s Disney food!!

Just some more classy shots at the fountain in front of Biegarten. Oh look at that someone was so kind to leave their food and wine festival cup, nice prop for Brittany to use

Next ITALY!!!
Oh look another water fountain.

Brittany “Guys be serious…”
Look real serious Chelsea having your foot popped and all

Brittany reenacting a time in her life when she dropped her pacifier into the water.

time for some be that statue!!!! This was a first time for Chelsea

We skipped America, because well we live there. Japan we just looked around the shops. Onto Morocco!

We ended up deciding to call it a night, after all we were up since 3:45 am. We made the trek back to the front of the park and to the bus stop. Overall it was a good first day.

When we made it back to the room Alicia and Andy were already passed out. At this time we all decided we would rather all shower tonight and not have to wake up so early the next morning.

We were in for a real treat tomorrow…
Old 11-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Good Morning, Good Morning

Today was the day I was looking forward to most, MICKEYS NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!! It was a hectic morning, Alicia got up first and was out the door before I even got out of bed. Today was the day of her audition for character performer. (I’ll let her tell you how it went)

Nobody decided to get me up, I ended up waking up and moving around 7:15. What?! There are extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom starting at 8 why didn’t anyone wake me up? Thank goodness I don’t take long to get ready!

We were out of the room at 7:40, leaving Andy to sleep the day away. Today was a day that Alicia wasn’t getting us into the park so we bought a two day pass and Andy didn’t want to spend more money so he opted to hang out at the resort till the party that night.

Can I just say how much I LOVE having the monorail right at your resort? It’s perfect. We made it to the Magic Kingdom in no time at all. Just enough time to go through bag check, the ticket line and get a good spot for the morning show.

Walking down Main Street for the first time this trip, magical, perfect, wonderful! Reunited and it feels so good

Our first stop was Space Mountain. Seriously though morning magic hours in the magic kingdom are perfect there was no one!

Space mountain sure woke us up

Where is everyone?! Probably still sleeping

Since we were in Tomorrowland why not go hang out with buzz lightyear. Brittany got chosen to do a good disney deed. And by that I mean take a time card for the wait time. Pretty pointless since there was no wait what so ever.

I decided that I would go alone on this ride. About half way though the ride I heard Brittany screaming why? Because she maxed out. This was the moment when I defriended her. I know where most of the good targets are yet I can never max, boo!

After all the excitement we decided to leave tomorrowland and enter the land of fantasy, before that Speedway was calling our names. Before getting in line there was a cast member standing out front handing out Mickey Licenses. To cute!

While waiting in line the lady in front of us recognized Brittany and me from Alicia’s trip report. I wish I had gotten her name. I guess we were just in shock that someone actually recognized us.

We then actually ended up following her and her family to the teacups. Not on purpose, they were just there in line when we got in line. This was Brittany’s first time ever on the Teacups. She is not a fan of spinning rides. She did real well and didn’t get sick.

Onto Storybook Circus!

This area is precious, I love all the details they put into it. The new souvenirs tent just opened, the cast members there are awesome! They were all dressed up as clowns and just having a fun time. I traded a pin with one of the clowns, while another one called me and Brittany royalty because of our crowns. Only in Disney!!

Are next rides Dumbo and Goofini, We didn’t go on these in May which was really sad. So it was definitely a must on this trip! First we got our picture with the cutest elephant

I was sad that the new dumbo play area was not open.
Onto the best children’s rollercoaster ever!

This ride has the longest exit ever! Seriously it is such a short ride, but the exit is full of twists and turns.

I believe the morning is the best time to knock out all the fantasyland attractions. It’s perfect the wait times were really short. Since we would be staying in fantasyland we decided to take a trip to the hundred acre woods.

The whole time on this ride I just kept thinking about Kingdom Keepers. I have only read the first one so far, I know I really need to start reading them again.

Why not go on the carousel? Another thing on Brittany’s list, Get a picture on a horse. Keeping it real classy Britt

Try to pull the sword from the stone….check

We decided to look at the shops in fantasyland, because
1) all the princess stuff
2) Chelsea wanted to get her a pair of Minnie ears.

Hello children let me read you a book….. about food

Brittany with her favorite Princess

Couldn’t contain my excitement

And because they were right next to eat other we got a picture together

One of my favorite parts of the trip happens next. The guy who was working in the store asked us if we wanted some pixie dust in our hair. Do we? Do you even need to ask us that question?! So we all made a wish and got a ton of pixie dust in our hair, he had a lot of fun sprinkling that pixie dust wand. And after that moment I had pixie dust everywhere!!! I was totally ok with that.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #30
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Loving all of the pics - especially the space mountain pic - awesome! And it's amazing that you got up at 7:15 and made it before rope drop!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: