Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #76
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Great updates. Looks like you had a wonderful day. Cole must be a really good baby! So glad he cooperated and all of you had such a nice time.

Great Chef Mickey pics!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #77
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Great updates. Looks like you had a wonderful day. Cole must be a really good baby! So glad he cooperated and all of you had such a nice time.

Great Chef Mickey pics!
Thanks! Cole is a pretty laid back baby...unless he's hungry, tired, etc. He loves to be outside and enjoys taking walks in his stroller. This trip suited him just fine! There would be times in the room where he would walk over to his stroller and want to go. Once he wants to leave, you better be ready!

We love Chef Mickey's!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #78
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

A few more pics

The first of our World Showcase hat pictures!

Family photo with Duffy

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #79
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Morning at DTD

Well, we definitely all needed sleep! I woke up around 7:40am and everyone else woke up around 8:20am. This is unheard of for us at Disney! Tony went to get us some breakfast and the rest of us just lounged around. The plan was to take it easy and relax. We needed to rest up for MNSSHP! The sky was looking a little gloomy, but cloudy is ok. I was praying that the rain would stay away (it rained the last time we went to MNSSHP, but cleared up shortly after the party started). We would also be headed to DTD today for lunch…and hopefully some shopping!

Tony returned from the food court and got us a breakfast platter to share. Yum! We ate quickly and then got ready for the day. We headed out to the bus stop (9:45am) and a DTD bus arrived quickly….I don’t remember why we took the bus. Maybe the boats didn’t start running until 10am?? Anyways….we arrived at DTD right after 10am. Time to shop! We had to stop in the Christmas shop for our Christmas ornaments (a 2013 glitter ornament and I think an ear hat). We then went to Madison’s favorite shop…the pin shop! We bought her a Grape Soda pin (from “Up”)…so cute! We went through a few other shops and then headed to T-Rex around 11am. I believe our ADR was for 11:30am, but we were seated right away.

Cole was ready to eat!

The last time we ate here (2009), we also sat by the mammoth. We were a few tables away this time.

Madison ordered the kids shrimpkins, I got the fried shrimp and Tony got the boneyard buffet. Everything was very good, but Cole was kind of crabby. For dessert, Madison got the chocolate tar pit and Tony & I shared the meteor-bites (the mini donuts with 2 dipping sauces). They were delicious, but we just couldn’t finish them. We were stuffed!

After lunch, we stopped in the Lego store (I love the new expansion). Cole didn’t like it when we stopped pushing him, so off I went to Basin. I bought some body scrub (Sunshine scent…awesome) and 2 bars of soap (a Christmas one and a Fall one). Tony and Maddie met us outside the store and we decided it was time to head back to POFQ. We went over to the boat dock and had just missed a boat (it was 12:45pm). It was SO hot on that dock that afternoon…we were melting. A boat finally came around 1:10pm and we were back in the room by 1:30pm.

Poor Cole was hot and tired

Continued in next post

Completed Trip Reports
Old 06-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #80
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Rain, Rain Go Away!

Tony and Madison went to the arcade while Cole & I tried to chill out and relax. We ended up taking a nap and he was still sound asleep at 3pm. Yikes! I wanted to leave for the MK at that time…in the afternoon we had to stop at all those Riverside bus stops. I really wanted to be at the MK right at 4pm. The plan was to eat dinner before the party started at 7pm.

Cole finally woke up and we were out the door around 3:40pm. We ran for the bus and we were off to the MK! We arrived right at 4pm (yay!) and got our wristbands, treat bags and party maps. First stop was the Chapeau to buy Cole his first pair of ears. Does anyone else miss the old days when the CM’s would hand embroider the hats? I used to love watching them do that.

We grabbed FP’s for BTMRR and went to Pecos Bill’s for dinner. I shared a burger with Tony (too hot to eat) and Madison had a turkey sandwich. After dinner, we took turns riding BTMRR with our FP’s and Rider Switch pass. We then rode the Magic Carpets, Pirates and went to the Tiki Room. While we were waiting in line for the Tiki Room, Tony was chasing Cole around. He bent over to pick him up and his back went out. This had happened a few months earlier and he had starting see a chiropractor. I couldn’t believe this happened on vacation! I had to pick him up and he sat on my lap during the show (LOVE that they got rid of the “new management” stuff).

Cole loved everything so far and we couldn’t wait for the party to officially begin. Well, the clouds started rolling in and I was getting nervous. Please, not again! It started sprinkling when we left the Tiki Room so we strolled over to the Haunted Mansion. After our ride, it started pouring. We ran over to the entrance to the Columbia Harbor House to throw on the ponchos and throw the dreaded stroller cover on the stroller. We walked quickly to Tomorrowland and waited for the next showing of the Laugh Floor (one of our favs). The party “officially” started as we were waiting for the show to begin.

After the Laugh Floor, we zoomed over to Town Square to meet Minnie & Mickey (20 minute wait). Cole was getting very tired and he hated being under the rain cover. Tony volunteered to take Cole back to the room and I started crying. I felt so bad because had wanted us to enjoy the party together. He knew that Madison & I were really looking forward to the party and he wanted us to make the most of it. I still felt terrible about him missing out on the fun.

After our meet and greet, Tony left with Cole. I was still very sad, but I knew I had to cheer up for Madison’s sake. We went across to the Emporium and bought her a special edition party pin. We then used the bathroom…this caused us to miss the first parade. Bummer!

Will the rain ever stop?

Completed Trip Reports
Old 06-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #81
katt789
DIS Veteran

Aw man, I totally followed along with your PTR and have been wondering when I would find it! Yay!!

We’re staying at POFQ this coming Sept, glad I get to read all about it now! We also had some overlapping in our trip days! Yay!

AH! We were at AK on the same day! That rain storm was NOT FUN to be there for. I will always remember RUNNING from Dinoland to Africa and running across that bridge the thunder was so loud we were so scared!!

Looks like Ragland Rd was at least a better experience than AK was!

A nice evening at DHS, and some good pool time too, glad you guys managed to avoid the rain that day!

Glad you guys had a nice morning in MK, and isn’t the themeing in Storybook Circus perfect!!?

Aww, love the pictures with the characters, Cole and Minnie are adorable! Glad that CM’s was okay, we’re doing dinner there this Sept and I’m nervous about some of the stuff I’ve heard. I can’t expect service to be great as buffets in Disney usually have disappearing wait staff, but fingers crossed!

Duffy’s so cute!! Love the nighttime pictures of Epcot, so pretty!!

Awesome trip so far! Excited to read more!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #82
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Aw man, I totally followed along with your PTR and have been wondering when I would find it! Yay!!

We’re staying at POFQ this coming Sept, glad I get to read all about it now! We also had some overlapping in our trip days! Yay!

AH! We were at AK on the same day! That rain storm was NOT FUN to be there for. I will always remember RUNNING from Dinoland to Africa and running across that bridge the thunder was so loud we were so scared!!

Looks like Ragland Rd was at least a better experience than AK was!

A nice evening at DHS, and some good pool time too, glad you guys managed to avoid the rain that day!

Glad you guys had a nice morning in MK, and isn’t the themeing in Storybook Circus perfect!!?

Aww, love the pictures with the characters, Cole and Minnie are adorable! Glad that CM’s was okay, we’re doing dinner there this Sept and I’m nervous about some of the stuff I’ve heard. I can’t expect service to be great as buffets in Disney usually have disappearing wait staff, but fingers crossed!

Duffy’s so cute!! Love the nighttime pictures of Epcot, so pretty!!

Awesome trip so far! Excited to read more!!
Welcome back!!! Glad to have you here.

We adored POFQ...gorgeous grounds, very quiet, pool was great, loved the food court...can't wait to stay there again someday.

That storm at AK was downright scary. I thought we were going to be at our restaurant all day.

We have always had wonderful service at Chef Mickey's; this must have been an off day. Funny enough, our server that day had been our server in 2010 and she was great!

Completed Trip Reports

Last edited by Dancegrl624; 06-18-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #83
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry for all the rain! Madison and Cole look so cute as Woody and Jessie! We are going this year Sept 7-12 and I am sad that MNSSHP won't be going on. We ate at T-Rex on our September trip last year too. It was our first time there, we really liked it. Great updates!!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #84
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Awww, poor Cole! You can see how hot and sleepy he is in that boat picture!
I'm sorry your whole family couldn't enjoy the party together-- Cole must have really hated that rain cover! I hate when rain spoils plans in WDW!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #85
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Didn't know you started back up Meghan!

Seems like you are doing so much even with the rain.

It is different when you have a little one with you now. I know my DH and DS get lots of pool time in because of the napping and generally slower moving of our trips now. But they love pool time so no worries

The pictures with Minnie/Mickey are so cute!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #86
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
I'm sorry for all the rain! Madison and Cole look so cute as Woody and Jessie! We are going this year Sept 7-12 and I am sad that MNSSHP won't be going on. We ate at T-Rex on our September trip last year too. It was our first time there, we really liked it. Great updates!!
The rain really did stink. We just had to make the most of it!

My mom helped me make their costumes for MNSSHP. I wanted the kids to stay cool and traditional Woody & Jessie costumes are so hot! I really liked how they turned out.

That stinks that you'll be missing MNSSHP this year...I love that party so much! I really hope our whole family will be able to do it again sometime in the future.

T-Rex has very yummy food and I love dining with the dinos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Awww, poor Cole! You can see how hot and sleepy he is in that boat picture!
I'm sorry your whole family couldn't enjoy the party together-- Cole must have really hated that rain cover! I hate when rain spoils plans in WDW!
He was very cranky that day at DTD...especially since we had to wait so long for the boat.

When I think back about the party, it still makes me sad that Tony & Cole had to leave. The rain cover just made Cole so angry! However, a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Didn't know you started back up Meghan!

Seems like you are doing so much even with the rain.

It is different when you have a little one with you now. I know my DH and DS get lots of pool time in because of the napping and generally slower moving of our trips now. But they love pool time so no worries

The pictures with Minnie/Mickey are so cute!
Hey Rosie! Yup, I decided I needed to finish this TR...couldn't leave it stranded.

We tried not to let the rain stop us, but with Cole it was hard.

Madison LOVES having a lot of pool time and we were already used to taking midday breaks. It wasn't a big deal for us having to go back to the resort...sometimes we were just there longer than expected! We didn't like having to wake up Cole.

Thanks! I was glad that we all got to see Mickey & Minnie in their MNSSHP outfits. Too cute!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 06-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #87
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

MNSSHP continued

After our quick pit stop, we decided to start trick or treating.

We started in Adventureland by the Jungle Cruise….people were complaining that they were handing out bananas. What?! That location was sponsored by Chiquita..what do you expect? They also handed out candy. Anyways…we had to stop for a quick Dole Whip before we continued. YUM! We had to stop at the Diamond Horseshoe for Woody & Jessie’s dance party. They were playing Justin Beiber (ew…no one in this house likes him) and Jessie started dancing with Madison! She was so embarrassed!

Sorry so blurry! The characters don’t really stop for pictures with the kids.

We got through about ½ of the trick or treat locations before HalloWishes. We started watching from the Tomorrowland bridge, but we couldn’t see. We moved towards the Mad Tea Party and it was awesome! We were surrounded by the fireworks…so cool and a different way of viewing the fireworks. We finished up the trick or treat locations and our bags were so heavy! It was still lightly raining which made the characters lines quite long.

We stopped at Cosmic Rays to rest our feet and I caught up on my trip journal. We needed to go find spots for the 2nd parade! On our way to Main Street, we saw Merida!!!! (10:15pm) She had a small line, so that was nice.

The couple behind us were dressed up at Carl and Ellie from "Up"! I think they were Cast Members too.

After meeting Merida, we walked down Main Street a bit to watch the parade. We ended up standing in front of the watch store. The Headless Horseman didn’t ride that night due to the wet roads (that’s what heard anyways). We watched most of the parade, but left as Goofy was coming down the street. Our feet were hurting and we had an early morning.

Waiting for the parade to begin

Captain Jack

Grave diggers...they are so cool!

Haunted Mansion ballroom dancers

Hitchhiking ghosts

We were at the bus stop at 10:50pm and back at POFQ and in bed by 11:30pm. What a night!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #88
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Aw, that dang rain! Poor Cole, I'm sure he didn't like being under that rain cover!! I'm glad you guys still made the best of it and you and Maddie got to enjoy the party more. I'm sure when he's out of the stroller he'll be up for a late night party!

You got some cool pictures - We didn't see Merida or remember to get pictures with Mickey and Minnie in their costumes. Maybe another time...
I thought that parade was awesome! So creative and different from the usual.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #89
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

I am so glad you decided to finish this. I remember reading your last one. You have a beautiful family. I cannot wait to go back to MNSSHP. sorry the rain almost ruined it. but you and your DD look like you still managed to have a good time!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #90
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Aw, that dang rain! Poor Cole, I'm sure he didn't like being under that rain cover!! I'm glad you guys still made the best of it and you and Maddie got to enjoy the party more. I'm sure when he's out of the stroller he'll be up for a late night party!

You got some cool pictures - We didn't see Merida or remember to get pictures with Mickey and Minnie in their costumes. Maybe another time...
I thought that parade was awesome! So creative and different from the usual.
Second time it rained on us at MNSSHP. At least in 2010 the rain stopped by 7:30pm and we had a beautiful evening. I was bummed that we didn't get to meet any of the villains or do any other character meet & greets. The line for Pooh & friends was a mile long so was Tink's. It was great meeting Merida though....Madison loves her. Madison and I have never been alone that long in the parks before so it was nice getting some girl time. She still had a blast!

Thanks! That parade is by far my favorite....the song is now stuck in my head though!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
I am so glad you decided to finish this. I remember reading your last one. You have a beautiful family. I cannot wait to go back to MNSSHP. sorry the rain almost ruined it. but you and your DD look like you still managed to have a good time!
I'm glad too! It just didn't feel right without finishing this thing. I know I'm posting updates like crazy, but it's so much fun!

Aw, thanks. I think my family is pretty great too.

MNSSHP is so awesome...just wish we could experience it without any rain someday!

Completed Trip Reports

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: