Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #151
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

The WS is so gorgeous! I don't mind all the pics at all!

I love the pics of Cole's M&G with Pooh and Tigger. One of my my all time favorite interactions of Landon's was with them, so they hold a special place in my heart!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #152
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Love all the WS photos! So pretty and the crowds really were nonexistent! Hope it's the same this September!

The hat pictures with Madison are cute!

Omg Cole is too adorable! Love the unexpected shots the PP captured!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #153
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelovebug View Post
So I'm joining in really late and I have a lot of catching up to do...but I just HAD to tell you this...

I read your first post and was super shocked...because we are going Sept 18-25 of THIS year and celebrating our 10-yr anniversary!! How weird is that??

Anyway I'm going to start reading now. Subbing for sure!
So glad to have you here! You're going to love September!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelovebug View Post
Phew! I'm all caught up now! (And will be getting less than two hours of sleep...oops.) Zzzzzz...

Your TR makes me even more excited for our trip this September! Unfortunately I couldn't see most of the pics (for some reason they don't load on my phone) so tomorrow I have to go back and check them all out on the computer!

Cole looks sooo much like my son...he could be his brown-eyed twin...but a year older...

I'm planning on taking Jax to the Main Street Barber Shop for his first haircut too! His curls are out of control but I refuse to get his hair cut before we go. Lol.

If you get a chance, check out my PTR and let me know if you have any pointers!! :-)
I can't believe you read the whole TR!!! Way to go!

September is a lovely time to go to WDW. We have been twice (2010 and 2012) and I don't think I want to go another time of year (ok, except to see the Christmas decorations).

I refused to get Cole's haircut before our trip too! My mom kept telling me to take him but I said no.

I'll be sure to go peek at your PTR! I will be there this Sept again for Disney's EarMarked Conference....I hope to post some of my park plans here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
The WS is so gorgeous! I don't mind all the pics at all!

I love the pics of Cole's M&G with Pooh and Tigger. One of my my all time favorite interactions of Landon's was with them, so they hold a special place in my heart!
Isn't it though? So many details went into WS and so many people never take the time to slow down and explore.

I love Pooh & Tigger! They are so cuddly and they just loved Cole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Love all the WS photos! So pretty and the crowds really were nonexistent! Hope it's the same this September!

The hat pictures with Madison are cute!

Omg Cole is too adorable! Love the unexpected shots the PP captured!
Thanks! Our day at Epcot was just magical in every way. I think about it all the time.

She had fun taking the hat pictures. I hope to do it again on our next trip and find different hats.

Aw, thanks!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #154
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

An Evening of Magical Moments

I left off with us getting in line for the Visa Meet & Greet. I don’t think we waited too long and pretty soon it was our turn to meet Mickey & Pluto. Ready for more cuteness?

We put Cole down and let him walk to the characters. This is him saying “CAT!” super loud. He was so excited!

Getting closer

Skipping the high five….

Going in for the hug instead!

Another one of my favorite pics from this trip!

After another fabulous interaction with the characters, we walked over the The Land. We still had some time before dinner, so it was time for a relaxing ride on Living with the Land. (around 3:30pm)

Sorry if that was too boring for you. We LOVE this ride and it’s so much fun to take pictures.

In my notes, I wrote down that we grabbed a Rider Switch pass for Soarin’ before checking in for dinner. Upon checking in at Garden Grill, we didn’t have to wait long to be seated. I love eating here at 4pm right when the open! Once we were seated, our server came over and said we had been chosen as the Family of the Day! We got to take a family photo with all 4 characters!

I know they’re similar…I just like Cole reaching out for Pluto in the 1st picture!

Continued in next post...

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 07-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #155
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Final evening at Epcot

Our dinner was delicious as usual…I highly recommend Garden Grill to everyone I meet. The food is so good, the characters are great and the restaurant rotates! As usual, Cole went crazy for all the characters.

Farmer Mickey

Look at Cole's sweet little face

Pluto

Cole actually smiled for the camera!

Chip

Here Chip, have some food! Hahah!

High five for Dale!

I don't remember why she was laughing...she likes to tease Chip & Dale about not knowing who's who.

After dinner, Tony & Madison rode Soarin’ with their Rider Switch pass. I did grab another one for me and Madison to use (I need to look into the rules for Rider Switch. Sorry if we were abusing it!). This was around 5:05pm. Cole and I hung out and he played with my phone while we waited.

When Tony & Madison got back from their flight, it was my turn to ride with her. It was now 5:30pm (in case you care!). I thought Tony was taking Cole to Imagination, but they actually went and rode Nemo instead. We met back up around 6pm and then it was time for some Spaceship Earth! We adore SE and just can’t get enough of it.

Lead the way Cole!

After SE, Cole & I went to MouseGears and Tony & Madison did Storm Surge inside Innoventions (this kid loves weather). I bought some Christmas antenna toppers, a 2012 scrapbook kid, Duffy outfit for Madison and an Epcot long-sleeved shirt. We decided to head over to WS, but grabbed some photos on the way.

Isn’t Spaceship Earth just gorgeous at night?!

Madison hates this picture, but I love it! She doesn’t like the fact that the PP photographer made Tony pick her up! Ha!

We made our way towards France to meet up with my friend/fellow TA Nancy and her husband.

We had just seen each other at our Summit in August and it was nice to meet up again. I went to the bakery and grabbed a strawberry tart to eat while we waited for IllumiNations. YUM! We went to our favorite spot (area off the bridge between the UK and France) and waited for the show to begin. This is a great spot to watch from!

View from our watching spot

IllumiNations was great as usual! I loved that Cole wasn’t afraid of the fireworks like I was on my first trip. My mom always tells me the story of her walking through a dark Future World with me because I didn’t like the loud noise (I was 2 years old). Anyways, we took a few more pics on the way out and grabbed one last PP pic.

Goodbye Spaceship Earth!

Wackiest photo…the color is so weird!

A bus was waiting for us when we got to the bus stop which was wonderful. We were back at POFQ by 10pm and we stopped in the gift shop to buy Madison a Port Orleans pin. When we got to our room, we got Cole ready for bed and he quickly fell asleep. I had so much packing to do which made me so sad. It was a tight squeeze! We always buy so much stuff. We didn’t eat nearly as many snacks as we normally do and I didn’t want to waste food.

So, that wraps up our last day at the parks. Just our departure day is left and I did take a good amount of resort pics. Stay tuned for my TR wrap-up!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #156
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

That is SO COOL that you were family of the day!!

I swear, I could be reading a TR about my own family here--your day sounds exactly like one of ours! We LOVE Living with the Land, rider swapping Soarin', Garden Grill, SSE...we are so much alike! AND we're gonna see you soon!!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #157
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
That is SO COOL that you were family of the day!!

I swear, I could be reading a TR about my own family here--your day sounds exactly like one of ours! We LOVE Living with the Land, rider swapping Soarin', Garden Grill, SSE...we are so much alike! AND we're gonna see you soon!!
I couldn't believe they picked us! As my friend said when she found out we were having a boy (when I was pregnant with Cole), we are now the "perfect" Disney family! Ha! One boy, one girl

I know that your family loves Epcot as much as we do! I could spend the whole day inside The Land and then take little walks to SE!! I would be a happy camper.

AHH! I can't wait until Sept! I am going to do everything in my power to meet up with you guys!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 08-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #158
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Just got all caught up!
I can't believe how emtpy WS was. Nearly no one there! Fun hats, I like the Canada one the best!

You got sooo many PP pics this day! Awesome!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #159
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

Yay I'm all caught up! The last night is the worst! I loved seeing you again and getting to meet Tony, Madison, and Cole! That is so awesome you were family of the day at Garden Grille.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #160
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Fabulous pictures! I ALWAYS take them of SE at night all lit up! So pretty!

Sad to see it's your last night. I always buy too much stuff too - packing can be challenging, but because we drive most times, it's not too bad. I'm sure my luggage would be over the weight limit for most airlines! HA!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #161
cdhale
Mouseketeer

We love Garden Grill, too. It's our first ADR on our upcoming trip!

Nov 14 ~ Poly * Sept 13 ~ POFQ * Jan 11 ~ Poly * Jan 10 ~ Poly * Jan 09 ~ WL * Feb 02 ~ DTD * Mar 97 ~ CBR * Mar 89 ~ off site

cdhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #162
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

I think I say this every time but I just can't get over how cute Cole is and it's adorable that he called all of the characters "cat!"

That's such a great family photo too!

How great that you got to be Family of the day! Madison looks like she was having a lot of fun and the picture of Cole trying to feed chip is my favorite!

Garden Grill is definitely on my list for the future!

You guys really got some great family photos that day! Cole is smiling/looking at the camera for all of them which amazes me! He seems like such a happy baby.

Packing is the least magical part of any Disney trip. I'm sad that your trip is ending!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #163
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Just got all caught up!
I can't believe how emtpy WS was. Nearly no one there! Fun hats, I like the Canada one the best!

You got sooo many PP pics this day! Awesome!
I couldn't believe it either. This is why this day was my favorite day at WDW EVER!!!

The hat in Canada was cute on Madison.

We did get a lot of PP pics...making up for lost time our first few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
Yay I'm all caught up! The last night is the worst! I loved seeing you again and getting to meet Tony, Madison, and Cole! That is so awesome you were family of the day at Garden Grille.
It truly is the worst, but I'm glad we had a fabulous last day. It was awesome being able to see you again!

We never get picked for stuff like that, so we felt so special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Fabulous pictures! I ALWAYS take them of SE at night all lit up! So pretty!

Sad to see it's your last night. I always buy too much stuff too - packing can be challenging, but because we drive most times, it's not too bad. I'm sure my luggage would be over the weight limit for most airlines! HA!
SE is tied for my favorite park icon with Cinderella Castle. They are both so gorgeous at night!

Thankfully, our bags haven't gone over the weight limit yet. I always think they will and then they weigh them and they're like 35 pounds. I guess I'm bad at guessing weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhale View Post
We love Garden Grill, too. It's our first ADR on our upcoming trip!
It is so fabulous and it's like a secret spot! No one seems to know about when I mention it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
I think I say this every time but I just can't get over how cute Cole is and it's adorable that he called all of the characters "cat!"

That's such a great family photo too!

How great that you got to be Family of the day! Madison looks like she was having a lot of fun and the picture of Cole trying to feed chip is my favorite!

Garden Grill is definitely on my list for the future!

You guys really got some great family photos that day! Cole is smiling/looking at the camera for all of them which amazes me! He seems like such a happy baby.

Packing is the least magical part of any Disney trip. I'm sad that your trip is ending!
Aw, you're too sweet. Although, I think he's pretty cute too. He still calls most things (and people) cat. We're starting speech therapy soon because he doesn't say many words.

I love that family photo!

Cole was so funny with the characters. He liked trying to feed them his food.

You must try Garden Grill! It is so yummy.

Cole loves getting his picture taken...once he knows he's getting it taken. When I went to get his 2 year pics done, he was grumpy until he saw the flash go off. Then, he turns into a GQ model!

Packing FOR vacation is wonderful and I look forward to it. Packing to come home is the complete opposite.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #164
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Last morning at POFQ and Trip Wrap-Up

My alarm went off at 6:30am, but I fell back asleep until 7:30am. It was time to leave and I didn’t feel like getting up. Once I did, I quickly got ready and so did everyone else. I finished packing and we called down to Luggage Services around 8:20am. We got to ride down to Resort Airline Check-in in one of those big golf carts with 3 rows of seats! It was pretty fun zooming through the resort. We checked our luggage and had our boarding passes printed (we flew JetBlue on the way home and our seats had been selected when we booked).

We went to the food court to use up our last dining credits…we got a Bounty Platter (I don’t remember what that includes) with apple juice and a chocolate muffin and fruit cup. We also filled our mugs for the last time. So sad! We headed to the gift shop next to use up our last $6 in Disney Visa Rewards…yup we spent all of it!

We then walked around the resort and I snapped some last POFQ pictures. It was such a gorgeous morning!

Here’s our courtyard!

Our building

Good-bye dragon slide!

Wish we were swimming!

Map by the Sassagoula River

Arcade…never went in there, but Tony & Madison enjoyed it

Entering into the lobby

Entrance to the food court

Gift shop

We really fell in love with POFQ on this trip. We enjoyed the food court and the compact feel of the resort. The grounds are just beautiful and it feels very peaceful. The only thing we didn’t like was having to share a bus with POR when we headed out to the parks in the afternoon. The pool was fabulous and Madison loved the pool slide and the pool games. She won a few little prizes which she thought was awesome. All of the CM’s we encountered were very friendly and we loved the greeters who handed out gold doubloons.
The boat to DTD was WAY better than the bus, but the other bus rides were fine. It was pretty much a quick turn and then a straight shot to MK; DHS and EP were very quick and AK took the longest…of course we always had to stop at BB.

Cute story…while Madison and I sat in the lobby (I was writing all this in my trip journal), Tony took Cole for a walk. Cole walked all the way to our building, got a few feet from the elevator and then said “cat!” He wanted to go back up to the room! Isn’t is so funny that little kids know which way to go?!

Magical Express picked us up at 11:10am on the dot. I had to take one last picture on the way out:

Good-bye POFQ! We’ll miss you!

We stopped at OKW and SSR before heading to the airport. It was fun to see them because we’ve never been over there before. We got to the airport at 12:10pm and went straight to the food court. We were hungry! We had Chik-Fil-A…yay! We don’t have these back at home. Everything was so delicious. We quickly made our way through security and we were at our gate by 1:10pm. We still had time to spare before our 2:05pm flight.

Our flight was pretty bumpy, but Cole and I did take a nap. When we started our decent, both the kids had problems with their ears. I felt so bad! Cole wouldn’t take his pacifier which would have helped him out. We landed at 4:30pm and my sister picked us up. Well, we got home and our spare key (that Tony had found in the garage but never tried out) didn’t work. We didn’t pack any of our keys…so stupid on our part. I remember Tony closing the door the morning we left and asking him if he packed keys. He said no; there was a spare in the garage. Never again! Of course, my sister didn’t have a key to our house (she does now!) so she took us to my parents house. My mom was the only one with a spare and she was at a meeting until 8pm (it was 6pm when we got to their house). So, we ordered a pizza and hung out there for awhile. Once my parents got home, we were finally able to get home (we unloaded our suitcases into the garage earlier). It felt good to be home, but I was so sad that our trip was over. Madison had school the next day, but I think Tony took the day off.

So, there you have it folks. My finally finished trip report! Thank you so much for reading and for being patient with me. It feels good to finish this thing and move on. I’m thinking about making a quick PTR for my conference next month and of course doing a mini TR (I’m only going for Sun-Thurs). I would love to share my experiences with all of you!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 08-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #165
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Some Souvenirs

Just wanted to share a few pics of some souvenirs we bought. I think I mentioned all of them somewhere in the TR!

Christmas ornaments

Body scrub and soaps from Basin...still haven't used them!

Christmas and New Year's antenna toppers...I changed them each week in December

Keychain, Mic-Keys (key covers) and a bead for my bracelet. I had to take the keychain off my keys....it kept getting tangled around everything!

Completed Trip Reports

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: