Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #121
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

None of the food and wine food looked like I would be dying to have it (although the choc mousse looked good). However, the strawbery shortcake at sunshine seasons looked yummy! I've seen it on several people's TR here on the DIS but have never tried it. It's on my list of things to try on my next trip.

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Old 11-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #122
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Loved all your nighttime pictures - there were some really different views, and I agree about the monorail shot. It was spectacular!

You made me hungry - think I need to go raid the frig!

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #123
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
None of the food and wine food looked like I would be dying to have it (although the choc mousse looked good). However, the strawbery shortcake at sunshine seasons looked yummy! I've seen it on several people's TR here on the DIS but have never tried it. It's on my list of things to try on my next trip.
I will admit that the chocolate mousse and pumpkin mousse were my favorites although the salad was refreshing. There is still one more day of eating around the world coming. The strawberry shortcake really is one thing I have to try and get evrey trip. It really is very good. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
Loved all your nighttime pictures - there were some really different views, and I agree about the monorail shot. It was spectacular!

You made me hungry - think I need to go raid the frig!
Thank you I love night pictures and they can be a challenge especially on a moving boat. I was really happy with them. Thanks about the monorail shot I may actually get that one made up and hang in my house.

I made myself hungry looking at the pics. And there's more to come.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #124
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Hi! I love how this trip got started, very cute title And seeing Pluto's in the clouds must be a good omen and is definitely a sign of a Disney fanatic!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #125
tazdev3225

DAY 6 begins.

Sadly this was our last full day. Reality was beginning to sink in that tomorrow we would be heading home. I started the day as I had most of the week - up early and out to watch the resort wake up as the sun rose above the horizon. This greeted me as I went outside

I think that may be a planet also but I don't know much about astronomy. I should ask my brother one day. I found a spot near my normal bench when a CM told me a better spot to try. He was so right.

Just some pics here

The new spot

I liked the way the sun played with the color of the trees

and the sun is finally peeking above the trees

I just liked the reflections here

I was actually out there about 90 minutes. I chatted with the CM again and told him how much I loved the new spot. He told me he was going to miss it as he was moving back home - to Allentown. He only lives about 90 minutes away from me now. His wife was expecting and wanted to be back with family. I couldn't blame him for that. They missed the snow too. Based on today's weather report they should be happy as that area is getting around 3 inches.

I headed back to the room to get ready for the day and pack up a few things including my purchase from the night before. I needed to pick up what I bought the night before later. Not only did I find the shirt for my daughter I stopped in the United Kingdom and got the family crest for my son. That boy owes me big. Not only was it expensive he is getting it as a tattoo, my grandson plans on doing the same thing. Anyway I wandered away - I'm back. The shirts I bought

I loved that one. It's fuzzy and my family stills says it describes me. I don't know why? I'm not always Grumpy!

This is the shirt I was looking for

I like Facebook as it gives me a way to keep in contact with friends and family. I also hate Facebook as it is a way for people to air differences that should be handled in private. My DIL did just that and it created a huge rift in the family. We also had another argument the day before I left over the facebook incident so I just thought this was the perfect shirt. I have worn the shirt around her and I don't think she gets it.

OK back to pleasant things like Disney. We weren't in a huge hurry and got to EPCOT around 10 or so. We saw Chip and Dale

No pic of us with them though. Then we sat and waited for me to get a picture I wanted. And we waited, and waited, and waited. Finally I took this

Right after we left the spot the monorail went by. Oh well there's always next year. We went to the Land and Sunshiine Seasons for breakfast. After looking at all of the wonderful choices I settled on

Yep the Bounty Breakfast - all bacon. I can be boring. Kristel got the Breakfast Panini

We both got the Honest Tea White Peach as our beverage. I can have a taste of Disney at home as my local supermarket sells this. Both breakfasts were very good. We watched the lines for Soarin' build as we sat and ate our breakfast. The FP return time was already 2PM when we sat down to eat at 10 and the wait time was about 60 minutes. Personally I think that is insanity. Then again I don't really like the attraction at all. We used the rest room over by there and it turns out I was spotted by a fellow DISer who recognized my scooter. Found this out while writing this TR but it's still exciting. I feel like a star. I'll be in Disney the first week of December next year so if you see a decorated scooter say HI - it will probably be me.

After the potty stop we went on Living With the Land.

Kristel wanted to ride Mission Space Orange and I just didn't want to ride it as I do suffer from motion sickness and we had just eaten. She went over to do her ride and I headed to Mousegears. I had one more thing to accomplish. My daughter bought a photo album in august when she meant to get a scrapbook. Of course she found the receipts for soda, popcorn, food everything but that album. I was hoping I would be able to exchange it anyway. It took a few minutes and a manager to authorize it but I was successful. Kristel was on and off Mission Space in less than 15 minutes. We headed towards

And I decided I had to take a pic of what I considered strange outfits. I don't get wearing heels or carrying huge purses when you are doing a ton of walking all day. I do take a backpack when I have my husband with me but i also have a scooter to carry it around. I am going to take a trip one day and just take pics of some of the strange outfits people wear.

I will stop here but we will be eating some more in my next update.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #126
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Hi! I love how this trip got started, very cute title And seeing Pluto's in the clouds must be a good omen and is definitely a sign of a Disney fanatic!
Hi thanks for joining in. Titles are so hard to come up with sometimes so thanks, glad it was a good one.

I must confess I do see Hidden Mickeyls all over and other Disney characters so I guess I am a bit of a fanatic.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #127
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

I bought that Grumpy shirt for Frank; but as he says he is not Grumpy
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 11-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #128
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
I bought that Grumpy shirt for Frank; but as he says he is not Grumpy
I don't think he's Grumpy but then again he never has been when I've seen him. I don't think I'm Grumpy either.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #129
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

New Grumpy shirts! I won't have to pick a grumpy souvenir (not sure I spelled that right) for my husband this next trip because he can pick his own! The sunrise pictures were so pretty, its so great when cast members are helpful like that, I've had such good experiences at Disney that were made that way because of cast members.

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #130
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
New Grumpy shirts! I won't have to pick a grumpy souvenir (not sure I spelled that right) for my husband this next trip because he can pick his own! The sunrise pictures were so pretty, its so great when cast members are helpful like that, I've had such good experiences at Disney that were made that way because of cast members.
I love watching the sunrise and the CM really was very helpful. I really like it when you get CM's who take the time to chat and give helpful suggestions or just go out of their way to be nice. The CM's really can make a trip special.

That will be nice having your husband with you this trip.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #131
tazdev3225

Our plan was to finish eating around the world, or at least that was my plan. Kristel went along with it so off we went. First stop

We both decided to have the Rice Pudding with Driscoll's Finest Berries

That was really good. We both thought it was fantastic and would have gone back for more. Next stop

I had the Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket

I didn't like this one. I love spinach and cheese but there was no flavor to it at all. Definitely would not get that again.

Kristel went to Cheese and got

The Trio of Artisan Cheeses, Cheddar, Brie and Bleu cheeses. She definitely made the better choice. I'm not a fan of bleu but the cheddar and brie were fabulous.

We wandered around Germany

And we were off to

Time for my soul food. My grandmother was 100% Polish and I grew up on some of these foods.

Kielbasa, Pierogie and onions with sour cream. This was so good although it really is hard to mess them up. Kristel liked these too.

I also tried the Zapiekanki. A cheese bread with mushrooms and home made ketchup

I had never had that before but it was very good and the ketchup was actually a little spicy which was nice. The bread was a little dry from being kept warm but the rest of it was so tasty, it was really good.

Our view while we ate

We were then off to

I had hoped to try it all there but settled on

The chocolate covered cannoli. It was good but had way too much chocolate and I love chocolate. I will stick to the Italian Market and the best cannolis ever in Philadelphia. We stopped and watched some of the Ziti Sister act while I ate the cannoli

If you have never seen that act you really should stop for it. They were so funny. As were were getting ready to move on I heard my name being called and not by Kristel. Our friend Kathy was in EPCOT with her boyfriend and daughter. We were meeting them later that night for the reason we came on this trip - dinner. We chatted a bit and I took pics of the baby

She is so adorable. They were headed over to the Boardwalk to meet a friend so we wondered that way. Our last stop eating around the world was Ireland for the Chocolate Lava Cake

We all had it and it was the perfect end to eating around the world. I enjoyed all of the foods I tried. Some were definite hits, some were horrible and others were OK but I am glad I tried them all. With that Kathy and family left us to head to their destination and Kristel and I had something else in mind.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #132
tazdev3225

continuing on Kristel and I were headed to the festival center. We wanted to check out the Chase lounge for Visa card holders.

We had to wait in line for a few minutes as they only let a certain amount of people in at a time. We could see why once inside - the room was somewhat small. It was a nice amenity though. There was a "drink" bar where you could get soda or coffee.

I had coffee as I needed a caffeine boost, Kristel had soda

I got a soda too as I was really thirsty. We stayed for a bit as there was also a charging station for electronic devices and Kristel's phone was running low. She tweets alot! A view of the room

Her phone charged we went out to see the center. I had memories of the building when it was the Wonders of Life. I miss that sometimes there were some cute shows. Anyway to get sidetracked from memory lane I checked out the chocolate creations. These were amazing. I'll let the pics speak for themself

I am just in awe of the talent that created them. We looked around at the various things for sale and I tried a sample of wine. It was good but I'm not even sure what it was other than red.

I loved some of the displays

Plungerhead? I'm not sure I would even want to drink something with a plunger on the bottle. And with that we were off to dinner.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #133
tazdev3225

We walked a little slow as Kristel's knee was bothering her. I got a nice monorail shot

Then we were following this woman and her family. I tried to get a good shot of her dress but it was really long and went into a point in the back that kept getting tangled around her ankles. I was uncomfortable watching it

We headed to the International Gateway to catch a boat but stopped to shop. OK Kristel shopped but she did find something she wanted for her new house. I took a pic while we waited for the boat

Then we witnessed something a little strange. As we waited for the boat to come in a K-9 officer from the sheriff's department joined us. I knew from experience to stay away from the dog even though he was sitting right next to me. Never run to catch a train past a K-9 dog, they don't like it. Anyway the officer and dog stayed there and waited. When the boat pulled into the doc we were held back while the officer went on the boat. A few minutes later he left and we were permitted on. I don't know what was going on but my curiosity is still getting the better of me. Anyway I found a spot inside and took a pic as we approached the Beach and Yacht Club

Scott and Vinny were already there so we had to wait for Kathy, Chris and Lily. I saw this lamp and it sort of freaked me out a bit. I like monkeys but that lamo was odd

Kathy joined us and of course I had to get a pic of the baby again while Scott checked us in

We chatted for a few minutes and were then called to be seated. I loved watching Chris with Lily

That baby adores her daddy

The waiter took our drink orders and I was boring and just had iced tea. Kristel got a margarita I think

Scott had a Bahama Mama

Kristel and Kathy

Kristel had the fixed dinner of a crab cake, chicken and bananas foster cheesecake. No pics sorry.

Vinny had the soup, pork belly and cheesecake.

Scott had soup, crab cakes and cheesecake.

Chris and Kathy shared a salad, what I think was tuna and a chocolate cake. They all enjoyed their meals.

I went the opposite way and ordered no appetizer, and had the strip steak.

This was absolutely the worst meal I had on the trip. That steak while cooked just as I wanted was nothing but fat and gristle. The vegies were very good though. If I wasn't leaving the next day I probably would have complained but I let it go.

The bananas foster cheesecake made up for it. This was so good.

The dinner was fun and the reason we were all there. Sadly there will not be one next year and if there is I can't go anyway. My niece will be getting married. My family tolerates my Disney obsession but I really think that Disney over my niece would be a little hard to justify.

We spent some time in the lobby after dinner chatting some more and then walked back over to EPCOT. We planned on watching Illuminations. We just messed up on the time slightly. EPCOT changed its closing time til 10 PM so we had a bit of a wait for the show. I felt bad foir Kathy and Chris as they had to drive home. I was getting teased about how red my face was so here is a bad self portrait

I was a little pink. OK I matched my shirt but I can put sunblock on all day and still end up with a really pink face. We had a great viewing spot and saw

Wishes from MK. If you get the right spot in the WS you can see MK's fireworks. While we waited we had a really nice chat with the CM assigned to the area. She was doing the college program. I noticed her name tag and just said "We Are". She looked at me a little funny and then gave me the right response after I explained I was from Phillly. I am not turning my TR into a debate but it was nice to get her perspective as a student on events at her university and we agreed. Then it was time for Illuminations

I always wind up with the torch in my way. But I don't mind too much. We all walked towards the exit and said our good-byes. Kathy and Chris headed to their car and the rest of us headed to our bus stops. Kristel and I were back at POFQ by 11:360 or so. I packed all but the few things I would need in the morning and Kristel started packing up her car. Then it was time for bed.

And with that our last full day in Disney came to an end.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #134
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

You had some yummy looking things at the F & W fest. I really want to go during that next time, I was there in 2004 but didn't really take advantage of it then.

Sorry your last dinner was disappointing, but that dessert does look good.

When we were there in 2004, we were at Epcot on Halloween night and saw Hallowishes while we were waiting for Illuminations, we must have been sitting near where you were. You did get some good pics of both shows.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #135
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
You had some yummy looking things at the F & W fest. I really want to go during that next time, I was there in 2004 but didn't really take advantage of it then.

Sorry your last dinner was disappointing, but that dessert does look good.

When we were there in 2004, we were at Epcot on Halloween night and saw Hallowishes while we were waiting for Illuminations, we must have been sitting near where you were. You did get some good pics of both shows.
Some of the foods at F&W are really yummy. If you can go I would say do it. It's worth trying the good and the bad.

The dinner was a little disappointing but the dessert made up for it. I still have one more meal before I am done though.

The area is reserved for chairs where we were but there are other spots right there. I think it's one of the little things that people overlook. It is definitely my favorite area to relax and then watch the show. Thanks the pics weren't bad but I'm taking a tripod next trip and looking to see if it makes a difference.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: