Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #31
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Day 2 continues

While at the food court I got my resort mug and filled it with Gold Peak White citrus tea. I love that stuff. I debated getting Kristel her mug but wasn't sure what handle color to get. Then I headed back to the room

I loved the lamp posts with the street names

A fountain in the courtyard

More lamp post/street signs

This is one of my favorite pictures from that morning. I think the bridge goes to Riverside
]

While I was sitting along the river I called my mother but have no idea why. I think just to tell her I was having fun and how pretty the sunrise was. She is always up that early. I then called Walker and told them about the issue with the key on the scooter. They didn't think it was good either so they said that a new scooter was on the way. I went back to the room and took the lights off of my scooter. Kristel was almost ready to go. She is a little more high maintenance than I am.

Finally ready we headed to the food court for breakfast. We both got the Bounty Platter the only difference was that I had all bacon. I'm not a huge fan of breakfast sausage. We finished around 9 and I still hadn't heard from the Walker driver. As we headed towards the lobby I saw the Walker truck leaving. A quick phone call and the scooter was waiting at Bell Services for me. We exchanged my scooter for the new one and headed back to the room.

Kristel and I then fully decorated my wheels for the week

I got a lot of comments on it. Most people wanted to know what they had to beware of, was I that bad a driver. Personally I think the eware was a warning about Kristel. She would really get mad at people cutting me off or walking in front of me and then saying something about people in scooters. It did make picking the scooter out easy when I had to leave it somewhere.

We were then on our way to the bus stop and our park of the day

We had a busy morning already in just a couple of hours. Up next where did we go?
Old 11-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #32
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

POFQ is such a beautful, peaceful resort, we stayed there in 2006 and loved it, I love walking around the resorts early in the morning by myself.

Emily has always packed her clothing in baggies for each outfit per day; she started this when she went to Girl Scout sleepaway camp and they suggested it in case their bags got wet the clothes remain dry.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #33
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
POFQ is such a beautful, peaceful resort, we stayed there in 2006 and loved it, I love walking around the resorts early in the morning by myself.

Emily has always packed her clothing in baggies for each outfit per day; she started this when she went to Girl Scout sleepaway camp and they suggested it in case their bags got wet the clothes remain dry.
It really is a peaceful resort. I started walking around the resorts early in the morning when I went down with Jim a few years ago. It is just a great way to start the day.

I never did the baggie thing before but I will be doing it from now on. It made the morning so much easier to get ready and the extra outfit or 2 I packed was still clean when I got home. I was in girl scouts but hated camping so I must have missed the lesson on baggie packing.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:35 AM   #34
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Pretty pics. I have only walked around there twice but it is a very pretty resort.

Lots of people up already there. I slept in a lot this trip.

Glad the scooter got there so quickly. Are they are on the list for approved vendors? I read somewhere about it happening.

Looking forward to more.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #35
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Pretty pics. I have only walked around there twice but it is a very pretty resort.

Lots of people up already there. I slept in a lot this trip.

Glad the scooter got there so quickly. Are they are on the list for approved vendors? I read somewhere about it happening.

Looking forward to more.
I like the values to save some money but love the moderates for scenery. POFQ was a very pretty resort to wake up to.

If I had 13 days I may have slept in too but then again probably not. I get a little hyper on my trip not wanting to miss a thing.

Walker is a fantastic company to deal with. They are not on the approved vendor list. I actually called over the weekend to find out what is up with that. Effective yesterday only a handful of Disney approved companies may leave a scooter at Bell Services at the resorts. If you do not use one of these companies you have to make arrangements to meet a driver for pick-up and delivery of the scooter. You can still rent from the non-approved vendors but Disney is making it harder to do that. Walker is still trying to become an approved vendor so I am hoping by my next trip this will change otherwise I'm not sure what I will do. It means calling them from ME to get delivery and then losing time on the last day to return the scooter. Less park time. The other companies have a good reputation so I may have to rent from one of them but no more decorating the basket.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #36
tazdev3225

When I left you all hanging we had swapped the scooter, decorated the new scooter and we also got some water and were off.

We got to the bus stop and the first bus there was packed. The CM who co-ordinates the buses in the mornig was fantastic and called dispatch to let them know they had a scooter waiting. We had a new bus there very quickly. We were arrived at the park of the day around 10 or so. I always seemed to pick the line for bag check with the slowest guard who wanted to look through everything. I know I really look like a bad guy. Anyway we got through the turnstile - again I picked the one with all of the problems and made our way into

Yep our park of the day was the Magic Kingdom. For some reason in August I took NO pics of the castle or Main Street. I made up for it this trip. Anyway we had a choice - what to do first. I really wanted to ride the train. Kristel hadn't been on it in a few trips so we tried to find the accessible entrance. We had a bit of trouble but weren't the only ones. Found the ramp and up we went. Took another pic towards Town Square

Then the train arrived. You leave the chair at the station and ride the whole loop but it was very relaxing. I give you our train ride
The train pulling into the station

Frontierland: Woody and Jessie meet and greet area

BTMRR - a lucky shot but I liked it

Another artsy shot. I liked the lights on the ceiling of the car

All we saw of the new circus themed area of the trip

Adding water to make the steam

The conductor and engineer

Saw the Avenger monorail

And we were back where we started. Took a pic looking up Main Street

Kristel wanted a shoe shine

Another shot up Main Street. We decided to skip the main walkway and cut through the Emporium.

Came out about halfway down Main Street to see some entertainment

Kristel actually went over and took the shot for me because I was once again invisible and a family parked themselves right in front of me.

Love the decorations

Zoomed in to see some of Dream Along With Mickey. I was actually still about halfway up Main Street. My camera has a great zoom

We moved on but which way did we go? Stay tuned.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #37
tazdev3225

When I left you hanging we were leaving Main Street but where to go? That was easy, we were off to Adventureland. As we entered I saw

I never realized that they grew bananas in MK and I really liked the big flower at the end of the bunch. As we wandered in we stopped for some great entertainment. I knew the camel at Aladdins Magic Carpets could spit water at people. I didn't realize the head moved around to do it. I either never saw it at all or just didn't pay attention. We were having a lot of fun watching the camel hit unsuspecting people.

We moved on to take a cruise, a Jungle Cruise that is. I didn't want to stay in the scooter, that really gets tiresome so I hobbled onto the first boat they let us on and sat right next to the step. We then went to the main dock and boarded the rest of the passengers.
The view while we aited to board the other passengers

And our tour guide. He was really great and when I took his pic told me that he was happy I got his good side

As we pulled away from the dock for our cruise I looked at Kristel with pure panic on my face. I left my bag in the scooters basket. Jim got me a Baggalini for my birthday since I didn't want to carry a backpack or camera bag this trip. All of my money and credit cards were in the bag. There was nothing I could do but pray it would still be there when we returned. I tried to enjoy the attraction and took a few pics

Shirley and her Temple

I really wish I could have enjoyed the ride but I was in pure panic mode. We got held up in a traffic jam that didn't help me calm down. Finally we hit the dock and of course I was the last to get off. I hobbled over to the scooter and there safe and sound was my bag. It also had everything in it so I was very relieved and made sure not to repeat that mistake.

After the cruise we knew we had to head over to

This is another ride that you have to transfer for. The scooters can't make it through the queue. I wanted to hobble but by the time I had parked the scooter Kristel had one of the waiting wheelchairs there for me. I had my cane but she was pushing me around literally. We had almost no wait. I think the time posted was 10 minutes but it was practically a walk-on. I liked the light fixture

I took pics but this was my favorite

I tried to hobble off the ride and up the walkway but Kristel was there with the chair right away. I think she liked pushing me around. We made a potty stop and then headed through the dump shop. It was crowded so we went back to get the scooter.

Next up was Splash Mountain but the wait time was around 30 minutes and the FP return time was about the same thing. We got FP's and went to a favorite - BTMRR. Now as much as I love the ride I shouldn't really go on it, and this was one time I wish I had paid attention to the warning. We headed up the exit ramp and waited. I got a pic of a train arriving

One of the CM's at the exit asked about the camera as I had it on. She didn't get how you can get pics on the ride that came out since you move pretty fast. I take pics all of the time and have actually taken a few good ones since I don't aim - I just shoot and hope for the best. I got a few good ones this trip too

One final pic after we exited

Our FP window was in about 15 minutes so Kristel wanted to head back to Splash Mountain. I told her to go ahead I wasn't going on. She looked at me and realized that I had a problem. I was practically in tears. My ankle got slammed into the side of the car we were on and I was in really severe pain. I actually had broken out into a cold sweat from the pain. I did mean it when I told her to ride Splash but she refused. This was one of the reasons I had wanted to cancel the trip on my end. I didn't want to be a burden. I knew we were friends but realized then that I had a really great friend.

We headed over towards Liberty Square and Kristel posed to try and get me to laugh I think

We decided we had to see which of us would join the 999 ghosts. As we walked over that way we decided to spread some We found 2 women who were celebrating their birthdays together and I heard them say they were going to see how long the wait was for Splash. We gave them the FP's. It made me feel really good that even though we weren't going on Splash we made 2 strangers really happy. Still in pain but happy we went to Haunted Mansion.

I got a pic in the stretch room

Then I was shown where to wait. Now I was a little concerned here because the CM's at HM do not have a great reputation when it comes to guests needing assistance. I shouldn't have worried, they were great and even slowed the walkway down for me. I took some lousy pics and we were off. When we got to the cemetary I saw Mr. Toad

Then I saw what I thought was Dumbo. Kristel looked at me like I was crazy, I am I readily admit it but couldn't understand why she thought so at this time. She just said, "It's a duck!" I still think it looks like an elephant

Then a gargoyle, or a demon cat? I liked it though

And I will stop here so all may question my sanity or creativity plus I have no more room for pictures.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #38
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

Great ride photos on BTM, I could never take any photos while on that ride because I am always too busy holding on for my life.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 11-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #39
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
Great ride photos on BTM, I could never take any photos while on that ride because I am always too busy holding on for my life.
I hold on with one hand and take pics with the other hand. It takes my minf off of the fact tha A) I hate roller coasters and B) my left leg will go numb when I get off. I don't know why I ride it and this time I really wish I hadn't.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #40
scottny
You better have crackers

great photos and updates.

I remember you telling us that happened to you on BTMRR. Nice you gave the passes to others.

I would have been in a panic also over the bag. Glad it was all there.

Looking forward to more.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #41
tazdev3225

And we continue on with Day 2. As I left off we had finished with Haunted Mansion and wandered on. Where to? Why Fantasyland of course and another quiet ride - IASW. Thankfully Kristel doesn't mind it and I have to go on it every trip. I rode the prototype at the NY World's Fair when I was a little girl for those who are new to my TR's. According to the clock it was 1:00 or 1:15

There was a line of chairs in front of us so we had a small wait. We did luck out and get the front seat so I took pics, I hadn't planned on it but the view was too good to pass up.

We stopped here

Traffic jam

The line waiting to get on - I think standby was about 20 minutes

Next up was one that Kristel wanted - Philharmagic. Thakfully no problems with line jumpers like last year. I was seated in a middle rear row so had a nice vantage point, it was not my choice however but where I was told to go. I say this because as the crowds are trying to get in I saw several rows where people stopped mid-row and sat. The CM's kept telling everyone to move to the end of the row but these people refused. I don't understand the arrogance or self-entitlement that people have. Anyway we put our glasses on and the show began. Neither one of us could use our glasses. One side was half of them was so dark that you didn't get the 3-D effect. I decided to take pics and see howe they would turn out. Not bad actually

We were both getting hungry at this point so decided some lunch was in order. I wanted Pecos Bill, I am partial to the fixings bar. Kristel wanted Tortuga Tavern. We ate there. I was actually very happy with the decision. On the way we saw some construction where the sky ride to Tomorrowland used to be

The menu

I chose what I wanted, told Kristel and found a spot to sit. The voew from our table

I got ther Taco salad and topped it with tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, salsa and more tomatoes. I like tomatoes. They also give you a small packet of sour cream that I also added with a little hot sauce. This was really good and the bowl it comes in was also very good. Kristel got the chicken burrito stuffed with cilantro rice and black beans. She loved it, said the rice had just the right amount of cilantro in it. While getting our order she chatted with a CM about her surprise that they were even open. The CM said that Tortuga is under new management nd will be open year round for lunch. A good decision in my opinion.

My Taco salad

The toppings bar

and a couple more shots

picture limit again so to be continued in the next post.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #42
scottny
You better have crackers

Yum that salad looked good.

Another great installment.

IASW is a must for me. I love it but not as much as POTC.

The pics in Philharmagic came out really good.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #43
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Yum that salad looked good.

Another great installment.

IASW is a must for me. I love it but not as much as POTC.

The pics in Philharmagic came out really good.
That salad really was good. It's going to be hard choosing between Pecos Bill and Tortuga from now on.

Thanks I'm glad you're enjoying it.

IASW is a must do for me too. I settle for one ride a trip because others I travel with dion't like it as much. Not Kristel as much as my family.

I was surprised at how well the pics came out on Philharmagic. I should have used the 3D feature on the camera but forgot about it. Would have been interesting to see if it would have worked.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #44
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

Lovin' the pictures and reviews so far!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #45
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaittloveex View Post
Joining in!

Lovin' the pictures and reviews so far!
Hi and thanks for joining in. Glad you're enjoying reading along. There is more to come.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: