Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #16
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I love all your pictures And I think that's so awesome that you've made some life long friends through DIS.

I haven't been to the Sci-Fi since my 21st birthday. ((13 years ago)) That was the first place I had my 1st **legal** alcoholic beverage. I remember liking it... Now I'm thinking I should make some ADR's there for our trip in a couple of weeks. We have reservations at 50's prime though.. Love that place.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #17
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
As I told Scott been super busy so I'm in lurk mode. I love Port Orleans. Such a great feel to it. Dinner looked awesome! Yum!
Well I'm glad you stepped out of lurk mode to reply. Super busy . I totally get that. I was on a class trip yesterday with a bunch of 1st graders to a free-for-all, sorry farm. Almost 5 hours of them doing what they want. Then I had baseball practice with Jay. Now I get to prepare for a hurricane. We are far enough inland that it will be a rain event but I would love to drive down to the shore for pictures. If Jay's playoffs are postponed I might risk it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I love all your pictures And I think that's so awesome that you've made some life long friends through DIS.

I haven't been to the Sci-Fi since my 21st birthday. ((13 years ago)) That was the first place I had my 1st **legal** alcoholic beverage. I remember liking it... Now I'm thinking I should make some ADR's there for our trip in a couple of weeks. We have reservations at 50's prime though.. Love that place.
Hi and thanks for popping in. Thanks I love to take pictures and showing them off. I grew up when computers were in their infancy. My dad and a friend actually built a small computer but we never had any idea what the future would bring us. I therefore never knew that it would be possible to make such great friends in so many places. Now I have friends all over the country because of this board.

I liked Sci Fi years ago but we have been trying other places. 50's was our favorite the last couple of years. I love that place too.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #18
tazdev3225

I am going to try and get Day 1 moving along. I am using my DD's computer and it has a habit of sending things to cyberspace.

DAY 1 continues on

When I left you all hanging we had just finished dinner. Now what to do? We headed over to Star Tours to check the wait time. It said 10 minutes that was not true. It was a walk-on. We were sent through the FP line because I was not able to walk the queue which I would have preferred because you see so much more. Anyway there was no one in FP either. Kristel was sent to her waiting spot and I was showed the exit. Really! Kidding I was showed the exit but that was where I boarded for my tour. The doors opened and I sat in the last seat next to the door. The CM looked at me like I was crazy and said that we could sit anywhere we wanted. We literally were able to sit anywhere - we were the only 2 going on this tour. Of course Kristel got to be the rebel spy

Best I could do under the circumstances as I wasn't expecting the .

After that what could we do that wasn't going to be a letdown. Kristel wanted to see Beauty and the Beast. I was OK with that as I hadn't seen it since my daughters were around 5 and 7 on the trip we don't discuss. We debated which way to go but got there quickly. I can only blame the lack of heavy crowds at this point to dinner. We got to the theater and were pointed to the side entrance. It took us all the way down to the front. I opted to get out of the chair and that was a good decision. We had front row (technically second row but no one could sit in front of us) center seats. I will now just present Beauty and the Beast in pictures with a comment now and then. The pics were all taken without flash as I know from theater around my way that the flash can be very distracting and I am used to not taking flash under these circumstances

Becoming the Beast

Belle, Gaston and some of the townspeople

The castle and Be Our Guest

Let's get the Beast and a Prince finds love

It was now about 6:30 PM and the crowds were building up. We got FP's for TOT and I took this shot

It was crowded with everyone heading to Fantasmic. We went another way but where did we go? Stay tuned to find out more.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

All caught up.

Great pics.

I will have to try Sci-Fi one time.

I hate airplane repairs. SCARY...

Great seats for BATB.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #20
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
All caught up.

Great pics.

I will have to try Sci-Fi one time.

I hate airplane repairs. SCARY...

Great seats for BATB.
Thanks I was happy with most of my pics.

You should try Sci Fi but don't let Vinny order a shake. They are thick.

That was the first time I was ever delayed for an airplane repair. I was a little nervous until I landed. I told my mom later and she reponded, " You didn't crash so what's the big deal?"

They really were good seats. I was happy with them because I could great piics without heads in them.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #21
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

That was nice of the cm to give your the whole car on Star Wars to yourselves . I love Beauty and the Beast, it is such a great show, we took Andrew in August while the kids rode rides and he love it.

DVC Owners - Saratoga Springs since 2006
AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky :
Old 10-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #22
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
That was nice of the cm to give your the whole car on Star Wars to yourselves . I love Beauty and the Beast, it is such a great show, we took Andrew in August while the kids rode rides and he love it.
It was very cool to have a car to ourselves. They really weren't that busy but there were people in line. I wanted to see the show in August because Ella loves that movie but we couldn't work out the time and her father was being miserable because his back hurt and he couldn't get to a smoking spot fast enough. We had to see Indiana Jones instead which I don't think she was as thrilled to see. Just gives me a reason to take the kids again one day.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #23
tazdev3225

Sorry for the delays getting back to this but we had a hurricane coming and my grandson had baseball playoffs. The hurricane is here and my grandsons team got robbed of the championship. What better way to deal with this - update my TR of course.

DAY 1 - continues on

When I left off we had seen Beauty and the Beast and did not want to go to the 8 PM Fantasmic. What to do? Of course we will ride

And a slightly artsy type pic. I was looking for an unusual angle

There was again almost no line. I knew it was a longshot but I asked if the cowboy side was running. It wasn't. Oh well gangsters here we come. I took another weird shot

Yes I know it's my ankle and foot. I was trying to get away with the splint and my leg was glowing orange. OK Mr. DeMille on with the show. I take pics on this ride all of the time. This trip was no exception but I went for the unusual

Finally got some decent shots of the Alien scene - with NO FLASH!

Switching from one scene to the next but the view behind the car

Wizard of Oz but a flower and lightpost

Our trip to the movies over we headed back to

Our FP time window had opened up. Now TOT is one attraction that is not ECV friendly. I offered to sit and wait while Kristel rode without me. She told me to go park by the exit and she would meet me there. No problem. She did meet me there in seconds with a wheelchair. She was pushing me through the line and I had no say in it. This was one of the reasons I had wanted to cancel out because I didn't want my friends to have to deal with me. They didn't care. Of course I did complain in a good natured way. She picked a chair that didn't open right and had me sitting on a metal bar - that I felt on EVERY SINGLE BUMP. It really was fun though, she complained that getting to the ride was all uphill so she was looking for the bumps.

A light in the queue

The ghostly apparition of the 5 guests that never came back

View when the door opens, not as good as it's hard to focus while moving in the dark

And a pic of our ride photo - Kristel teased me that while everyone else was screaming there I was with the camera in my face

She made sure to hit some more bumps getting me back to the ECV. We still had a couple of hours til the 9:30 Fantasmic show so we shopped. I should say Kristel shopped I browsed. I never like to buy anything the first day.

Sunset Blvd

A window display of Donald I took for my DH. Jim loves Donald Duck. Can you tell we belong together he likes an angry duck and I like a Grumpy dwarf.

ceiling display in one of the shops

I told Kristel she should buy the hat, it just made her outfit

The hat all lit up. I like the shot because the lights from Great Movie Ride sparkled and looked as if they were part of the hat

Continued in the next update.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #24
tazdev3225

DAY 1 - Fantasmic

We headed back to get in line for Fantasmic around 8:30 or 9. I didn't want to brave the rush with the scooter and we both knew that I would be in the top of the theater. Scooters don't go down steps very well.

We were both thirsty so we stopped for drinks. Kristel got a coke and I got a large Iced Tea. They don't travel in the cups holder on the scooter well and my foot got a little wet. We were shown our seats at the top but in the center so not too bad.

I present Fantasmic

The park was closed after Fantasmic so we headed to the bus stop and back to the resort. We actually didn't have a long wait for the bus and were back to POFQ by 10:30.

One final update for Day 1 coming
Old 10-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #25
tazdev3225

Day 1 - the end

When we got back to the resort I took pics all of the way to the room. I had never stayed here before so I needed night shots. These are the walk towards the pool and some of the pool area.

We got to the room and I got ready for bed and planned on watching the news for the weather or something else. By the time Kristel got out of the shower I was sound asleep. It had been a long day but fun day.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #26
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

What a fun update. I loved the Fantasmic pics. I did not get to see it this trip but your pics are fantastic.

Nice pic of Kristel with the hat.

The resort pics are nice.

You always take pics on TOT. I saw on the photopass you did it the next night too.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
What a fun update. I loved the Fantasmic pics. I did not get to see it this trip but your pics are fantastic.

Nice pic of Kristel with the hat.

The resort pics are nice.

You always take pics on TOT. I saw on the photopass you did it the next night too.
I hadn't done Fantasmic in awhile so I was glad we did it.

Kristel did look good in that hat.

There are more resort pics to come.

I do take pics on TOT all of the time. We joke about it alot. I am determined to get a really good shot when the doors open.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #28
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

Great photos of the Great Movie Ride, I still have not ridden TOT (I don't like drops) that was so nice of Kristel to get the wheelchair.

Fantasmic is such a great show; I didn't see it this year but Frank and I did last year.

DVC Owners - Saratoga Springs since 2006
AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky :
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #29
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
Great photos of the Great Movie Ride, I still have not ridden TOT (I don't like drops) that was so nice of Kristel to get the wheelchair.

Fantasmic is such a great show; I didn't see it this year but Frank and I did last year.
Thanks I was going for offbeat on the Great Movis Ride. I would never ride TOT because I don't like drops and was afraid of my back but I love that ride now. She was really awesome the whole trip making sure I stayed off my ankle as much as possible.

I do like Fantasmic and haven't been there for a few trips so I was happy we did it.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #30
tazdev3225

Day 2, October 8th

I don't know about everyone else but when on vacation I have a hard time sleeping in, I was up at 6:30 AM. I tried to be as quiet as I could so as not to wake Kristel. This was where my new method of packing came in handy. I knew what shirt I wanted so I found the bag using my little flashlight and headed in to take a shower. By the time I was out of the shower 10 minutes later Kristel was awake. She said I didn't wake her. It did mean I could dry my hair at least. I made a cup of coffee and headed out. I love to just wander the resort early and watch it come to life. I sat by the Sassagoula River, listened to my I-Pod and ook some pictures.

This was the "street" outside our building

Building 1 from the courtyard

Hoped to ride this

The waterway resort map

Boat dock

Street Sign

Pool by day

Walk to the lobby

Fountain in the lobby

CM who greets arrivals, I loved his outfit

The bar, we never made it here although we did see the entertainment a couple of nights heading back to the room

And the food court

continued

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: