Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon View Post
I lost 21 lbs before we went and thought exactly the same as you do that all the additional exercise would counteract the additional eating ..... and it did I ate whatever I wanted including funnel cakes and fizzy drinks and only put on 5 lbs which came off within 1 week of being back home and back onto my usual eating regime
That is good to hear. I will be honest and put my weight gain on my ticker when I return. Hopefully I will be able to lose whatever I gain before Christmas.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #32
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Megadegs View Post
How's everyone doing this week? Feeling good so far, logging food on myfitnesspal but actually counting ww pro points as well. So far so good! First weigh in Friday morning before meals out Friday night and Saturday night (ahem!)

If you've had a bad week, tomorrow is a new day! Good luck all x

Weighed myself when I got in from work and apparently I've lost 2 pounds, but all I had to eat all day was toast so I'm not being too hopeful

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #33
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

Well done Ohana Sam! Well first 'D' Day weigh in today at 40 weeks to go and I have lost 3 pounds, woop!

Now for a very difficult week as dh turns 40 and we have half term catching up with family and friends x

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #34
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Morning team! How is everyone today?

I've not been very good this week, 0.5lbs on :-( HOWEVER I will say that, as a lady, it's that wonderful monthly visitor so I can't be sure if the gain in hormonal or greed!!

Currently in London with work and there is a gym in my hotel. I can never sleep in a hotel without my OH so was up early doors, meaning I went to the gym at 5.45am!!

Focus for the coming week is eating lightly but frequently, increasing my protein and lowering sugar.

Hope all is great with everyone :-)
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #35
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Megadegs
Well done Ohana Sam! Well first 'D' Day weigh in today at 40 weeks to go and I have lost 3 pounds, woop!

Now for a very difficult week as dh turns 40 and we have half term catching up with family and friends x
WELL DONE!!!! Woohoooo xx
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #36
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
I found that I lost weight whilst in WDW. I was on the QSDP and didn't deny myself anything, all the walking and the heat meant I was drinking water so much and didt really crave any bad stuff.

Even some mornings the cinnamon rolls didn't appeal to me!!!!!
our last few holidays i've lost weight with being on no dining plan, on ddp and also on qsdp.
i literally ate what i wanted, when i wanted, but def drunk lots more water than at home

sadly, half of the weight i lost prior to our last holiday has gone back on-especially around the middle!

so i have 41 weeks to lose 20 pounds-
doesn't sound too bad-but unfortunately i have several health issues,so losing weight-apart from in wdw!!!-is really slow going-even when being a good girl

i am inspired by all the pp's and am starting new healthy plan from today.

married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #37
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

I'm going to weigh myself again once I finally get out of bed lol it's 3 degrees in Leeds and my day off so I've been hiding haha.

I'll admit I've not been too good this week but definitely going to be better next week. I have to cut anything that's high in dairy and insoluble fibre out of my diet so basically everything that tastes nice so that might help me out a bit lol

Well done everyone so far ^_^

Me(23) DBF(23)
Old 10-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #38
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Well done guys, Some great loses .

Magic megadegs, that's brill 3 pounds I'm sure you'll be ok this coming week, plus it's a special occassion so I wouldn't worry too much just have fun.

Welcome married2mm, great that you'll be joining us in our attempts at weightloss. It is also quite hard for me to lose weight as I'm on a number of different tablets to help with some health problems I have, but I am trying hard and it can be done. Good luck

My normal weighin day is on a sat so will do it tomorrow and update you guys when I have. Fingers crossed it'll be ok, but I too have been on the monthly evil Ciorsdah, and chocolate has been my friend the last few days .

Lets hope i've not put on too much .
Old 10-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #39
zippy99
DIS Veteran

I reached my target weight for my trip in 2011, and sat around that weight ever since - then.... I gave up smoking three cheers!

However, I literally put a stone on in 6 weeks! I went to Disney in Aug 2012 and the weight crept up a bit more to 11st4 am now down to 10st12 but would like to go another stone!

It seems crazy that when I ventured on this same mission in 2011 I lost a stone in 3 months whilst smoking and drinking - yet now I have a healthier approach it seems harder!

Still Body Attack at 8.30am tomorrow - onwards and downwards !

Disneyworld Orlando - AKL, Disney Dream & Contemporary - October 2014 Disneyworld Orlando - Wilderness Lodge & RPR - August 2013
Disneyworld Orlando - RPR & CBR - August 2012 Florida Emerald Island Resort - October 2011
Disneyworld Orlando - OKW - October 2010 Disneyworld Orlando - POFQ - September 2009
Disneyworld Orlando - Pop Century - January 2008 Disneyland Paris - DisneyLand Hotel - Christmas 2006
Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - October 2005 Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - March 2004
zippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #40
arieliwish
I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty,

A couple pounds off for me this week, it's been okay despite the cold weather here up north!

Love the myfitnesspal app, it's great for keeping an eye on what you eat throughout the day.

Keep up the good work!

2000 Nov DLP Newport Bay Club - DH, DD 5, DS 2
2004 Aug 29 -Sep 12 WDW Offsite Clarion Universal - DH, DD 9, DS 6 2005 Sep 13-27 WDW CBR - DH, DD 10, DS 7 2006 Oct 22-26 DLP Newport Bay Club - DH, DD 11, DS 8, + 12 family and friends!! 2013 March 14 - 17 DLP DLH - DD 18th Birthday trip - DH, DD 18, DS 14 2013 Aug 25 -Sep 8 WDW OKW - DH, DD 18, DS 15
arieliwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #41
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

Well done troops, lots of great losses and fresh starts around. I had a lovely meal out tonight, didn't drink and avoided. Dessert but had chose what I wanted the other two portions x

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #42
phi2012
Mouseketeer

We`ll just done my weigh in nd I've lost only quarter of a pound but at least I've not gained thank goodness after a pretty naughty week with chocolate :-). So back to normal this week so fingers crossed with exercise I'll lose some this new week :-) . Hope everyone has a good week and catch up in the next few days to see how people have been doing.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #43
Rain
DIS Veteran

Think I may join you on this weight loss thread. I am going to start some kind of diet from Tuesday ( DH birthday tommorow) I need to lose around 30 - 40 pounds. I have an underactive thyroid which makes it difficult for me. I have also just had my gallbladder removed and am not tolerating green vegetables and spices or salads yet. I have a year to get this weight off.
Good luck everyone.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #44
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
I have an underactive thyroid which makes it difficult for me
Ditto it's so annoying, doesn't help that I keep forgetting to take my tablets though

Me(23) DBF(23)
Old 10-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #45
Rain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaSam View Post
Ditto it's so annoying, doesn't help that I keep forgetting to take my tablets though
Put a reminder on your phone for every morning they really are very important.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: