Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #241
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger

Well done 3lbs is great. I have 13wks until disney and I'd really like to loose at least a stone but its seems like hard work atm
I know what you mean! I havent exercised at all today and I know I should keep going but it just seems so strenuous after a long day with DS! Right, I'm giving myself a kick up the backside, I'll do a little and that should keep me going

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #242
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTigger View Post
Well done 3lbs is great. I have 13wks until disney and I'd really like to loose at least a stone but its seems like hard work atm
I'm exactly the same, only got a few days less than you until we go too. Although I want to lose more, I'd be happy losing about a stone

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #243
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom

I know what you mean! I havent exercised at all today and I know I should keep going but it just seems so strenuous after a long day with DS! Right, I'm giving myself a kick up the backside, I'll do a little and that should keep me going
That's the spirit! You'll be pleased you did when you see the ibs lost on weigh in.
I lost 3stone a few years ago had a break for a year and I'm back onto trying to loose the last stone but i just don't manage to loose lots of ibs like before but I guess 1-2ibs a week will hopefully mean it stays off. Going to wdw is def good motivation ESP the thought of wearing shorts!

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #244
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaSam

I'm exactly the same, only got a few days less than you until we go too. Although I want to lose more, I'd be happy losing about a stone
Yeah I aim for the minimum and if I can manage to loose more that'll be great.

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #245
tonijo
Mouseketeer

Happy today,lost 3lb,hope it continues!!
tonijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #246
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonijo View Post
Happy today,lost 3lb,hope it continues!!
That's fantastic,well done.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #247
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

I had lost 2lbs when I weighed myself yesterday but then went and drank a lot of cider so probably put some back on

Me(23) DBF(23)
Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 AM   #248
married2mm
DIS Veteran

I'm feeling really disheartened.
After,a blip,and back to where I'd started,I've really stuck to healthy eating all week,and not lost anything.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong,maybe need to eat less? I know I'm not very active-due to health issues- but if I could still lose something?!

Please tell me how you guys are losing,and what's your secrets.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #249
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

I stuck like glue to it this week and gained 2 pounds. It happens xxx

Sometimes can be fluid retention. You need to look at your loss over a one month period as it evens out then xxx Good luck this week x

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #250
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
I'm feeling really disheartened.
After,a blip,and back to where I'd started,I've really stuck to healthy eating all week,and not lost anything.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong,maybe need to eat less? I know I'm not very active-due to health issues- but if I could still lose something?!

Please tell me how you guys are losing,and what's your secrets.
Maybe you're eating too little? If you don;t eat enough your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto fat

Me(23) DBF(23)
Old 02-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #251
kittycat7
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up -44lbs in 6 months

I lost my stubborn 44 pounds in half an year, with Xenical 120mg... that was almost 2 years ago and I have never regained those pounds

Xenical is a FDA approved fat blocker, it blocks 30% of fat that we consume

Many of my my friends were against Xenical and were telling me I will regain weight as soon as I stop taking the pills. I'm really happy this didn't happen. I feel great now and can wear anything I want... even mini skirts

:
kittycat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #252
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Well after my 4 weeks of clean eating and healthy foods I had lost 14lbs of body fat, gained 8lbs or lean muscle (a drop of 8% body fat!!) and lost 2ins off my hips and waist.

I've slipped up big style this week, however this was always a week off. I've been unwell with the flu so havent been able to exercise and my eating has been totally rubbish.

From Sunday I'm back to clean eating for another 3 weeks to see what changes I can make.

As of today, its 260 days until my holiday - 259 days until I leave - 80 days until I can make my ADRs!!
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #253
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
Well after my 4 weeks of clean eating and healthy foods I had lost 14lbs of body fat, gained 8lbs or lean muscle (a drop of 8% body fat!!) and lost 2ins off my hips and waist.

I've slipped up big style this week, however this was always a week off. I've been unwell with the flu so havent been able to exercise and my eating has been totally rubbish.

From Sunday I'm back to clean eating for another 3 weeks to see what changes I can make.

As of today, its 260 days until my holiday - 259 days until I leave - 80 days until I can make my ADRs!!
Wow that's amasing, what on earth have you been doing?

Me(23) DBF(23)
Old 02-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #254
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

I've been following a Paleo regime, so whole foods that our bodies have been evolved over 2million years to eat.

No grains, no dairy, no refined sugars (only naturally occuring sugars in fruit), no honey, no beans.

Lots of high quality protein, steaks/chicken/fish with vegetables (not potatos though) and lots of water and black tea or coffee.

I've been cooking my food in animal fats (duck/goose or the fat in the steak) and I've been using coconut oil to cook veg. Yes its fat (eeeks)however its fat that our body can use and utilise for fuctions like warmth/energy.

Basically its retraining the body to burn fat for energy and not sugar, which, due to this "low fat" lifestyle many people follow, many bodies are only able to process sugar as they are so used to it!

Google Paleo Lifestyle and have a look at it, I am starting to follow this as a full time lifestyle as its so easy to maintain. I dont miss any of the gluten/sugar laden foods and I do not have any cravings at all.

The first week was difficult because my body went into craving mode and thats totaly normal, once your body restarts itself and starts utilising the right energy sources the cravings go!
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #255
sandshal
DIS Veteran

Finally reached my goal and lost two stone since 1/1/13 ....... Now the tricky part .......,, keeping it off for the next 85 days! :0)
Offsite Disneyland Paris 1998, Davy Crockett Ranch, Disneyland Paris 2000, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Florida June 2003, Newport Bay Hotel, Disneyland Paris 2004, Manors North, Westridge 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf Coast & HRH Oct 2007, Manors North, Westridge, Portofino Bay & HRH August 2008, Ginn Reunion & RPR August 2009, RCA NYC & Tuscany villa July 2011, Tuscany Villa & PBH July 2013, July/Aug 2014 NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH then back to NYC,
Oct 2014 week at Indian Oasis, Indian Creek

sandshal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: