Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #136
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deno View Post
OK, here we go after 1st week:

Total To Lose by August 7th: 51.6
Lost This Week: 6.1
lbs remaining: 45.6

31 weeks to go!

avg lbs to lose per week: 1.5

Now, I expect that to slow down considerably next week (I hope so anyway!) and I expect that's from the excesses of Christmas as I started this on Boxing Day. But i'm now up and running which is the main part...

Good luck everyone as I know most of you will be starting this today. I think posting on a public forum will really give me a good push to get this done.

Dene
that's a wonderful start- well done!
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #137
married2mm
DIS Veteran

so, I've not be anywhere near perfect,but tried hard went out for lunch yesterday,no starter,no dessert,just the main course- lost a pound.
I'm happy with this,as I struggle to lose weight,and slowly but surely would do me fine.
therefore,1 down,19 to go!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #138
deno
EPCOT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm
so, I've not be anywhere near perfect,but tried hard went out for lunch yesterday,no starter,no dessert,just the main course- lost a pound.
I'm happy with this,as I struggle to lose weight,and slowly but surely would do me fine.
therefore,1 down,19 to go!
Well done. I'll be more than happy to lose 1lb per week on a regular basis once everything starts levelling out. I figure that's a healthy amount to lose.

How many weeks do you have to your holiday?
deno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #139
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deno View Post
Well done. I'll be more than happy to lose 1lb per week on a regular basis once everything starts levelling out. I figure that's a healthy amount to lose.

How many weeks do you have to your holiday?
we have 31 weeks tomorrow,can't wait.
it's our longest trip yet,17 nights,and also probably our last for a while
as I'm no longer working,dd wants to go abroad with uni and our little house could use some tlc! so it's extra important to shift flabby bits.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #140
deno
EPCOT Addict

Also 31 weeks for us :-)

Main reason I need to shift the lbs is that this will be our first holiday for 9 years without taking a pushchair so I'm fully expecting to be one of those 'rucksack dads' carrying around everyone's junk all day :-) need to get fit for that...
deno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #141
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

I finally weighed myself, and only put on a pound over Christmas Was planning to finally start using the rowing machine we bought months ago when i got home from work today, but the flu seems to have finally caught me so exercise will have to wait a little longer lol

Also, thinking of changing my weight loss target because if I lose another 25lbs like I originally wanted to then I would be just over 9st, which might be a bit too low considering I'm 5'8

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #142
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! We go in just over 17 weeks so I have set a target of 1lb a week. I would like to loose about 1 1/2 stone in total but I thought that was a bit optimistic in the time I have left.
On day two my will power is holding up, not sure how long it will last... .

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #143
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalstongue View Post
I'm joining in! We go in just over 17 weeks so I have set a target of 1lb a week. I would like to loose about 1 1/2 stone in total but I thought that was a bit optimistic in the time I have left.
On day two my will power is holding up, not sure how long it will last... .
good going so far!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #144
stba2006
DIS Veteran

Hope you don't ind but can i join please. I found the last time i did this it was a big help.

Well in 2011 i had a big dieting year and lost over 54lbs. Unfortunatley last year i have put some of it back on due to an operation on my abdomen which meant i couldnt exercise but kept on eating

So I am starting the diet again this week and need to loose 28lbs. I'm not going to WDW until next year but I am going on a special weekend in May so may goal is for the beginning of May.

My weigh in day will be Friday.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #145
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stba2006 View Post
Hope you don't ind but can i join please. I found the last time i did this it was a big help.

Well in 2011 i had a big dieting year and lost over 54lbs. Unfortunatley last year i have put some of it back on due to an operation on my abdomen which meant i couldnt exercise but kept on eating

So I am starting the diet again this week and need to loose 28lbs. I'm not going to WDW until next year but I am going on a special weekend in May so may goal is for the beginning of May.

My weigh in day will be Friday.
hope you are feeling ok now.
eating is never a problem for me either

good luck for May.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #146
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Thought I'd share something that I came across on Tumblr. If you're one of those people who knows that you're losing weight but you can't see it, then take a photo of yourself as you are now, then every 2-3 weeks take another one in the same pose and you'll be able to see the difference and feel much better about your weightloss

Me(23) DBF(23)
Old 01-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #147
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

Ok so I started this thread way back full of good intentions! It worked, I lost a bit of weight but (as my yo yo dieting goes) I put it back on again. So, New Year, new beginnings. We have had a crazy house of sickness over the past 7 days, dd, ds and dh!

But, I start in the morning. I have planned meals all week and I only have 30 weeks to go until D Day! My intention is to weigh in on Fridays as we leave on a Friday so this will be a slightly curtailed week. To get to my overall goal I need to lose 3 stone and 10 pounds or 52 pounds!!! A bit of a big ask in 30 weeks but 45 would be wonderful, a clean 1.5 pounds per week!

I help out at a weight watchers class so will be back on it ASAP. I know we have quite a few lovely ladies and gents on here who are at various stages of their weight loss journey and I wish you all luck and look forward to hearing about you shrinking steadily over the next few weeks and months!

Weeks to D day: 30
Pounds to lose: 52

BRING IT ON!!!

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #148
sandshal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaSam
Thought I'd share something that I came across on Tumblr. If you're one of those people who knows that you're losing weight but you can't see it, then take a photo of yourself as you are now, then every 2-3 weeks take another one in the same pose and you'll be able to see the difference and feel much better about your weightloss
Where do I find this?
Offsite Disneyland Paris 1998, Davy Crockett Ranch, Disneyland Paris 2000, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Florida June 2003, Newport Bay Hotel, Disneyland Paris 2004, Manors North, Westridge 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf Coast & HRH Oct 2007, Manors North, Westridge, Portofino Bay & HRH August 2008, Ginn Reunion & RPR August 2009, RCA NYC & Tuscany villa July 2011, Tuscany Villa & PBH July 2013, July/Aug 2014 NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH then back to NYC,
Oct 2014 week at Indian Oasis, Indian Creek

sandshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #149
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Where do I find this?
There are a few weight loss blogs on tumblr where people post before, during and after photos over a few months and the difference in some of them is insane. I think the fact that it's people posting photos of themselves rather than a weight loss ad posting an after picture of a person who probably isn't the one in the before is quite encouraging

This is just one of them, there are loads more:
http://beforeandafterfatlosspics.tumblr.com/

Me(23) DBF(23)
Old 01-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #150
sandshal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaSam

There are a few weight loss blogs on tumblr where people post before, during and after photos over a few months and the difference in some of them is insane. I think the fact that it's people posting photos of themselves rather than a weight loss ad posting an after picture of a person who probably isn't the one in the before is quite encouraging

This is just one of them, there are loads more:
http://beforeandafterfatlosspics.tumblr.com/
Thank you I'll take a look
Offsite Disneyland Paris 1998, Davy Crockett Ranch, Disneyland Paris 2000, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Florida June 2003, Newport Bay Hotel, Disneyland Paris 2004, Manors North, Westridge 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf Coast & HRH Oct 2007, Manors North, Westridge, Portofino Bay & HRH August 2008, Ginn Reunion & RPR August 2009, RCA NYC & Tuscany villa July 2011, Tuscany Villa & PBH July 2013, July/Aug 2014 NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH then back to NYC,
Oct 2014 week at Indian Oasis, Indian Creek

sandshal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: