Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 05:33 AM   #1
tigger137
"Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave ..."

Good WDW Room-Only Prices

I haven't been looking on the boards for about a month, so I'm sorry if this information has already been posted.

But last night we were discussing our plans to book DVC through David's for a week in October. Decided to have a look on the Disney site to check their prices for the same time and was pleasantly surprised at the prices which came up. Although not listed under 'Special Offers', many hotels were coming up with "savings of up to x%". In the case of WL it said up to 40% and in fact it did work out as 40% less than the price quoted on WDW US using current exchange rates.

I then looked on Expedia and found WL, same dates, for £975 with the added bonus of free cancellation. We had been thinking of trying BLT, if available, with VWL as 2nd choice. But WL is by far our favourite WDW hotel, more so than VWL, so it was too good an offer to miss.

Then I remembered to check my e-mails and found a 10% code for hotels (dot com). They were offering the same price as Expedia and the code worked, bringing it down to £877, still with free cancellation. So, for less money we got our favourite hotel and still have the flexibility of being able to cancel if we need to, or if we see a better offer. Not that I think it's likely we'll do any better than what has amounted to pretty much half the WDW US price.

As this offer wasn't listed as a special deal, I don't know how long these prices will be available or what dates they cover. But if anyone is thinking of booking hotel-only, it's certainly worth a look. The hotels (dot com) code is valid until the end of January, I think, or until it's been used a certain number of times. I don't have it with me right now but if anyone wants it I can PM it to you later.

tigger137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
Samaya
DIS Veteran

That's a great price and well worth booking with the free cancellation, also Quidco has 12% discount but expires in a day plus the 40% off WL. http://www.quidco.com/expedia/?ac

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: