Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #31
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Brian...no question. The line for Dumbo is light years beyond where it was. No question at all.

So we did Animal Kingdom this morning. Right off the bat we walked into a Medical situation as EMS was removing a lady from the Restrooms on the Right Front as you go in the park. Looked pretty serious too.

So we went straight from there to Everest. A little health trepidation in line, but once on the ride, he LOVED IT!! I figured he would, but ya never know. We pretty much only spend half a day in this one, and today was no different. We let him play in the boneyard (where he was a little green blur) while I went and got Fastpasses for Kiliminjaro Safaris.

After he played for a while, we hit Dinosaur which he really didn't care too much about... A little loud and intense for him...but he did it, though he didn't really seem to keen on going back.

Went over to Kiliminjaro which as been somewhat rethemed. No more Simba 1 or contact with the Game Warden---and no more Little Red. Where the poachers truck used to be, there's going to be a Zebra Enclosure...as a matter of fact, supposedly they're going to be there tomorrow.

Grabbed a pizza at Pizzafari (which I've always heard varying reviews about, but has always been tolerable for me--is what it is I guess) and G man was smoked. We had been walking around a while, and we plan to hit Hollywood Studios tonight, so he's back there snoozing as we speak.

Right now we're watching the boats going back and forth on the river behind our room. I tell ya, there ain't a lot of "Race" in the "Sea Raycers".
Yeah the poacher scene was removed when we were there as well (End of August)... apparently that is exactly where the Zebras are going...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #32
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:

Just getting on Expedition Everest:

Awesome pic... Looks just like Dad.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #33
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
MAN OVER BOARD!!!! MAN OVER BOARD!!!!
Bite me.

I'm high and dry...

#Bringthehate

We have a 0930 breakfast at Kona, so I'm hitting the hay...post more tomorrow.

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
DisneyFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #34
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
great updates fed!!!
MAN!!! DID HE GET BIG!!!!! wow!!!!

To answer a question from your first post Dave, G Man is four, almost five (December). He's a terror on the soccer field (running circles around 6 year olds).

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

Old 10-22-2012, 04:19 AM   #35
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Great update FED! We did Dumbo twice in Sept. and agree it is a huge improvement

The play area is awesome.

I'm glad they are watching Pecos a little closer. We skipped them last year because there were no tables available, even though a ton of people had no food .

We have been hitting the upstairs of Columbia Harbour House. The girls love to watch all the people walk from Liberty Square and Fantasyland

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #36
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Man... the vacation is screaming right along! Who would have thought the crowd would have been so large? But I guess it makes sense that the weekend would see the large crowd.
Conquering SM AND EE in the same weekend?!? WTG G-man!!

Great updates, Fed! Hope your Monday is nice and light. Sunny and 84 for you today. Jealous
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)

Last edited by Emma's Dad; 10-22-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Emma's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #37
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Congrats on the Vakay Fed!! Glad you and the family are having sometime together and enjoying the world!!

OKW huh? Will definitely have to check it out next trip!

matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
10dedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #38
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

I'm disappointed about 2 things.

1. It's page 3 and I didn't find out about this thread until now. Sad.

2. It's page 3 and I haven't read one single comment about a spinner. Extra sad.

Looks like Mikey is having a great time! Keep the updates coming!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #39
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Leave it to Barry to bring up Spinners... If it makes you fee any better we got him a light up spinner at Fantasmic last night.

Will update later today, headed out in 5.4.3.2....1...

Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #40
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Sounds like an awesome trip so far. Your son is kicking butt on the thrill rides!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #41
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Leave it to Barry to bring up Spinners... If it makes you fee any better we got him a light up spinner at Fantasmic last night.
I assume by now that WifeCom has learned it's always a good idea to buy 2 of all of the shiny, light up, spinney toys so you and G-man don't have to fight over them.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #42
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I assume by now that WifeCom has learned it's always a good idea to buy 2 of all of the shiny, light up, spinney toys so you and G-man don't have to fight over them.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Emma's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #43
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

OK,

So yesterday we slept in and hit Hollywood Studios. We slept in, and the plan was to spend all day in the park and catch the 1930 (7:30 PM) Fantasmic show. DW noticed they opened seating 90 minutes prior to the show (---or so I thought at the time).

When I first checked my handy dandy Wait Time Ap, the waits didn't seem too bad. By the time we arrived, however, the lines waiting to go in the park were way back right to the ticket kiosks. It's been kinda like that all week, deceptively large crowds--but still manageable, at least for us being all low speed low drag.

First item of business was Star Tours, as he'd been dying to do that. DW and my mom don't like those motion simulator rides so I sent them for Toy Story Mania Fast Passes. He enjoyed Star Tours...though he was very disappointed he didn't get to see Darth Vader Line was less than 10 minutes.

After that it was the Build a Lightsaber experience That line was crazy slow. There was a castmember from Germany who was very nice, but didn't seem to get a long with children well, who insisted she had to go all the way down the line and get the pieces for the kids. The two kids in front of us really gave her fits. Seen a lot of that this trip...some of these kids have been, not out of control, but bad. And suprisingly parents don't seem to care...more about that later.

Any way, my son, who is very polite and mild mannered breezed through the line and she was very nice to him, even complimented his manners...there is also a new "Build a Droid" counter (well, new to us anyway, I don't remember it last year). So we did that too, but it didn't take long.

When my wife came back, she told me the Fastpasses were only from 1910 to 2010!!! About that time, I saw the first two tour groups, so it made sense. Needless to say, we didn't hit Toy Story. Which was fine, he likes Buzz better anyway.

G man sat through his first Lights Camera Action, which he loved. He loves cars, motorcycles and guns, so it was a slam dunk. Seems like he might take after someone in my family

We goofed off around for a bit before heading to----------TOWER OF TERROR

He was dying to try it, and I'd been sort of putting it off, but he was insisting. I thought for sure the pre show would take him out--and it almost did (the Twilight Zone music *almost* got him), but....HE DID IT!! To be honest, I was shocked, I figured there was no way he was getting on it. He was pretty shook up, and it certainly wasn't his favorite, but he was ready to hit the Aerosmith Coaster until he found out he was too short for it Oh well, he needs something to look forward too (he was *this* close).

Let him play in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Area. Caught the Little Mermaid show, and got to see Jake and Handy Manny. Also, FYI, Phineas and Ferb are there as well over by Lightening McQueen and Mater. G man loves P and F, so of course he waited for that!!!

We grabbed some chow right over there by where Hollywood Hills and Fantasmic go in. About 1810, I noticed a VERY VERY large number of people headed into Hollywood Hills. We decided it was probably a good idea to head in. We got in about 1830 or so and got great seats. By the time we got snacks and all that sort of stuff---including (THIS IS FOR YOU BARRY) a light up Spinner thingy (and we only got one dude, sorry), the pre show started.

I was a bit concerned about the show, as I remember it being kind of intense (it is), however, he LOVED IT....he thought it was too short!!!

We called it a night after that and had him in bed pretty early.

We went to Animal Kingdom this morning to ride Everest again (twice) and see Festival of the Lion King (which we had never seen before, but really liked).

Came back and ate lunch in the room, before going to the pool---which was cold as all get out thanks to the 55 degree nights So needless to say we did not stay long. At the moment, G Man is snoozing since it will be a late night at the party tonight.

Sorry for the lack of pics, I'll have to rectify that when I get home.

Fed out.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #44
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Great day. Fed Junior is kicking butt on the rides. Good for him.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #45
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Hi Fed... glad you got this trip... sounds like fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: