Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

What Do You Think of the New "Limited Time Magic" Announcement?

Quote:
As part of this morning’s “Limited Time Magic” announcement, Mickey and pals helped unveil a three-story castle in the heart of Times Square in New York City. The fairytale castle is made of 45,000 pounds of ice and will be visible for a limited time thanks to the warm Autumn weather.

So, what can you expect with “Limited Time Magic” at Disney Parks when it begins in January? Here’s an idea:

True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.

Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.

Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.

Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.

Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.

We’ll be rolling out new experiences to begin the new year, so be sure and check the Disney Parks Blog in upcoming months to learn what’s happening. Also, you can learn more and follow along on Twitter by following @DisneyParks and using the hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Maybe for the Long Lost Friends they will bring back the walk-around Dreamfinder with his Figment???!!!!!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

I would love to know when and what the rest of those limited time things are. Some of them sound interesting, but I have to plan ahead for trips to Disney World.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

1) I hate the name.

2) I hope they put out a calendar of these events well in advance.

Otherwise, I think it's ok.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

I don't like the name "Limited Time Magic" at all ... it's awkward and somehow sounds negative to me. It also sounds like something you'd hear on an infommercial. Why not "Surprise Magic" or "Extra Magic" ... I don't know, something.

Some of the events sound pretty cool, I especially like the Villians Friday the 13th one and I'm really curious about what else they will do, but I don't see this as something that is going to generate alot of new bookings or anything....especially if they don't give notice of what will be happening when well ahead of time.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
Angebee
Mouseketeer

I agree that the name sounds a bit 'cheap' to me, as if you want to hold out for the best week and won't get something good if you don't go right then. If we weren't already booked to celebrate some special occasions then it wouldn't spark me to try and rush to get a good time to go. We'll just have to hope a good theme happens while we're down there.

Also, do you think they'll bring back the Diamond Horseshoe Revue at Disney World if there's enough interest since it says the Golden Horseshoe will return? We have a home movie of it from my first trip and it was a riot.

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!

Last edited by Angebee; 10-17-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

If they don't put out a schedule way ahead of time, then it's really only good for locals or those who can travel whenever they want. Those of us who have to plan & get vacations approved wouldn't be able to take advantage of those cool events.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
AndyPok1
Back in MCO!
To answer the other question, getting along is boring
I like tacos

I love it since I just moved local. Random events are always fun. The name is wretched though.

Competition to come up with a better one?

Minimal-to-Moderately-Long-Lasting Magic!
AndyPok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #9
linnell
DIS Veteran

I think it sounds fun, andI like the surprise of what you may get. Unless your local, you go when you can. I think it would be cool to meet rare characters, etc, but I wouldn't revolve my vacation around it.

linnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

I just saw these will be the new t-shirts for sale ...

Just Kidding!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

I agree that it sounds cheap and a bit slimey. No offense to the terrific sales people out there, but isn't the catch phrase "for a limited time only" only relegated to 3:00 a.m. infomercials these days? Are we to buy into this marketing scheme like the ShamWow or the Ronco Rotisserie?
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
I just saw these will be the new t-shirts for sale ...

Just Kidding!!!

Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
DisLUV
DIS Veteran

Sooo awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
i just saw these will be the new t-shirts for sale ...

just kidding!!!
sooo soo funny
DIS Dad's Club Member
DisLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #14
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

At first it sounded like fun, spontaneous magic. Then after thinking about it it sounds very planned and if you are not there whenit is scheduled then you are up a creek without a wand. While I would love a little pixy dust magic during my trip next October, I am not expecting it to happen and I would travel to WDW whether there was a special magic week or not.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

I'm excited about the Sept 13th villains thing and the long lost characters week. I do hope they give us some notice we non Floridians can make the plans to get there.
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW SSR VILLIANS UNLEASHED! Aug 2104;WDW October 2014; CBR/DCL December 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
castle, limited time magic, magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: