Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #61
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
1. The Wonderful world of color or what ever the last vision of that was.....with Asnier

2. no I am not taking the time...........you do it if your that interested.

3. I dont remember what it was called then, but it was in the same area ..They had 1 glass case and display in that area.not outside the park.

look...dont worry about it.........I really dont care if your so sure of yourself you know about every report, statement and show disney has put out over many media outlets, over the last 10 year, your wonderful..........a expert......only you know.

After all, why would a massive company like disney look to the future.spend a little time to start thinking about the 5th park put together some ideas......rough plans or maybe even more.......no of course they wouldn't.....much better to sit back and do nothing......

I know what I have read and seen over the years.......whether you beleive me or anyone else is not important...

AKK

Dam talk about a dam norrow thinking mind!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper,

I have no doubt that Disney's financial people, park operations people, and Imagineers have worked together to look at the economics of various park concepts -- internally.

However, Disney has never issued "public reports" of intentions to build a 5th park at WDW or what such a park would offer.

As far as your suggestion to me (you wrote, "no I am not taking the time...........you do it if your that interested") is concerned, please understand that you are the one making claims that such "public reports" exist. Others are replying that such reports from Disney do not exist. Please explain what you expect me to look for.

Please allow me to suggest politely that you are mistaken about a glass case near the old Walt Disney Story attraction about a 5th park coming to WDW. I would remember that, and plenty of other people would remember that too.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #62
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry folks, I have been baited and I took the bait..........sorry for the previous posts.

I know what I have seen and read over the years..disney imagineers have been looking at a 5th park for years and years, what that park would be themed at, what would be in it, is of course the planing...which as you can guess would be an ever changing thing. Since we are talking 5..7.10 years away, todays ecomony...........disneys present management....doesnt really matter, the forcasts of the mangement in 5 years(when a firm comentment would be made) and the 8 to 10 years(when the gates may open)........is what matters.

The key to keeping WDW alive and well is reinvestment. the new Fantasyland...the carsland in HS (maybe), the little known work on the next generation transportation within WDW, whatever new land is finnally built in AK, a 5th park..........this is what keeps the Disney magic alive.

If you beleive that there is no possble designs or far reaching plans for a 5th park...please go ahead and beleive that........

If you can think like Walt for a minute and see why the 5th park and all the new ideas are what keep WDW alive and well, then you can understand.

Lastly, remember the less you hear about a project from Disney, the more likely what they are developing will happen!

AKK
I'm not trying to bait you I'm trying to have a legitimate conversation.

All I'm asking is for some proof of your claims. I don't disagree there are plans for a 5th park I'm just asking for some proof to back up your claims. Think of it like school. If you don't have proof it can't be handed in...

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 05:08 AM   #63
disneysmyhappyplace
Mouseketeer

I heard their next new big project after Fantasyland is the redesign of Downtown Disney. Have not not heard of any new park though. Years ago I heard of a Villians park but that was after they took over Marvel, but have not heard anything about it in years.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Me DH DS DS DD
disneysmyhappyplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #64
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
Tonka's Skipper,

I have no doubt that Disney's financial people, park operations people, and Imagineers have worked together to look at the economics of various park concepts -- internally.

However, Disney has never issued "public reports" of intentions to build a 5th park at WDW or what such a park would offer.

As far as your suggestion to me (you wrote, "no I am not taking the time...........you do it if your that interested") is concerned, please understand that you are the one making claims that such "public reports" exist. Others are replying that such reports from Disney do not exist. Please explain what you expect me to look for.

Please allow me to suggest politely that you are mistaken about a glass case near the old Walt Disney Story attraction about a 5th park coming to WDW. I would remember that, and plenty of other people would remember that too.

No problem..........I am sure you know every report, annoucement, printed article, talk show..EVERYTHING that Disney ever put out over the last 10 or 15 years.

I am just some guy who came here just to lie about what I have read and seen over the years....your the expert.

Happy now?.I am sure your very beleiveable!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #65
dakotix
Mouseketeer

Well I heard there was plans for Avatar land in AK. A thrill park -- or land in one of the parks would be awesome but i don't think a thrill-park on its own wold be a success. Disney definitely needs some loop-d-loop roller coasters though. There's would be like no other in the world
1978 - DL Blue Stroller!1982 - Intl. Drive1984 - Intl. Drive1986 - Intl. Drive1988 - Intl. Drive1992 - Intl. Drive1994 - Port Orleans1996 - Port Orleans2000 - Port Orleans/ Contemporary2002 All Star2006 - DTD 2013 - Pop/ Coronado Springs2014 - Coronado Springs
dakotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #66
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysmyhappyplace View Post
I heard their next new big project after Fantasyland is the redesign of Downtown Disney. Have not not heard of any new park though. Years ago I heard of a Villians park but that was after they took over Marvel, but have not heard anything about it in years.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

there was, about 2 years ago a project called Hyerion Wharf, the replacement for pleasure Island. They put out plans and detials indicating it was basicly a number of shops and maybe 1 club.

It receieved alot of bad press and compliants. Soon after the construction work of clearing the land and tearing down buildings stopped and not a word more was said, except a short statement that the project was continuing with designing.

The RUMOURS now are that they are adding some clubs, (hopefully the Adventurers Club too), that was the cause biggest and loudest complaints.

Typical Disney, the projects you hear the least of, always seem to be the ones that get built!

AKK
Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #67
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No problem..........I am sure you know every report, annoucement, printed article, talk show..EVERYTHING that Disney ever put out over the last 10 or 15 years.

I am just some guy who came here just to lie about what I have read and seen over the years....your the expert.

AKK
All we are asking you to do (If I understand Horace correctly) is post a link or two supporting your claim. I don't understand why you get so defensive about this...

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #68
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASteelersMidget View Post
All we are asking you to do (If I understand Horace correctly) is post a link or two supporting your claim. I don't understand why you get so defensive about this...
I don't understand why your even asking, I am not asking you to have a link saying I am wrong..........

AKK
Old 10-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #69
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
I don't understand why your even asking, I am not asking you to have a link saying I am wrong..........

AKK
Because it would be nearly impossible to find a link establishing there was no report from Disney about a 5th park

I suppose one could attempt to find every report from Disney ever and you will see that none talk about a 5th park in development

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #70
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater92 View Post
No they can't get back the rights anytime they want to Universal has a contract for Marvel. Unless Universal decides to re-theme those rides because it doesn't want to give Disney money or Disney makes a large offer to buy out the contract with Universal there will be no change. As long as Universal keeps up there end of the contract Disney can't use the Marvel characters.
Only if there's money to be made...

...after all, Disney forked-over $115 million just to get the distribution rights for "The Avengers" and "Iron Man 3" (and the only Disney reference on "the Avengers" was at the very end of the movie it said "Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures" -- otherwise, the average movie-watcher saw nothing but Paramount (the studio with the original contracts to certain Marvel properties - pre-Disney merger).

Of course, Disney recouped that $115M very easily...
Old 10-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #71
dakotix
Mouseketeer

[Stepping in-between] OK OK break it up... remember you're bickering on a the Mickey Mouse board. Good thoughts..ommme....
1978 - DL Blue Stroller!1982 - Intl. Drive1984 - Intl. Drive1986 - Intl. Drive1988 - Intl. Drive1992 - Intl. Drive1994 - Port Orleans1996 - Port Orleans2000 - Port Orleans/ Contemporary2002 All Star2006 - DTD 2013 - Pop/ Coronado Springs2014 - Coronado Springs
dakotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #72
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

A 5th park is not happening anytime soon, I agree with that. I don't agree that a 5th gate will NEVER be built. It may or may not happen one day in the future.

With the way they keep adding additional resort capacity - AoA just completed, Grand Floridian DVC completed soon, and with future DVC sites expected for the Poly and Fort Wilderness area (plus all the additional "offsite" resorts) - eventaully they may have to add more park capacity than expansions of the 4 current parks can provide. Right now, they are nowhere near that point - yet. But down the road.....who knows?

If the 4 current parks (even after expansions) start getting too crowded to the point where the guest experience is negatively impacted in a significant way (and I'm sure this is where a lot of the next-gen stuff is supposed to come in), it could cause people to not return or even discourage others from going. I realize that almost sounds like the old Yogi-ism: "Nobody goes to that place anymore, it's too crowded". But if the general sentiment becomes that it is just too crowded to enjoy yourself - even if they do a good job with the next-gen stuff to eliminate a lot of the waiting - that could eventually become a problem for them.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #73
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB2K View Post
Only if there's money to be made...

...after all, Disney forked-over $115 million just to get the distribution rights for "The Avengers" and "Iron Man 3" (and the only Disney reference on "the Avengers" was at the very end of the movie it said "Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures" -- otherwise, the average movie-watcher saw nothing but Paramount (the studio with the original contracts to certain Marvel properties - pre-Disney merger).

Of course, Disney recouped that $115M very easily...

we can go one step further here.

There was a *RUMOUR* that disney was talking with NBC about buying all of the Universal or maybe just the Universal parks, lock, stock and barrel!

If that happened it would be interesting to say the least.

AKK
Old 10-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #74
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:

AKK
Here's the thing... obscure press releases, such as reports about minor entertainment changes at one of the Disney parks, are likely to be missed or else forgotten over time.

However, things as big as official reports of a 5th theme park or a display case about a 5th theme park at Town Square would have gotten a lot of attention at the time, and would be cited for years afterwards. Regardless of how Disney released the information, it would have been all over the Internet. And because we're talking about a 5th park AFTER Disney's Animal Kingdom, all this would have happened in the Internet era.

Even plans as relatively minor as Hyperion Wharf (a repositioning, refresh, and rebranding of Pleasure island) or as "long ago" as the Asian, Persian, and Venetian hotels at Seven Seas Lagoon have not been forgotten by Disney fans.

Once again, Tonka's Skipper, please provide some evidence of the "public reports" and the display case that you claim as facts. When you ask us to find them ourselves, you are admitting that evidence for them does not exist.

By the way, I would personally love to see a 5th major theme park at WDW. It might even happen in my lifetime. But I don't think it will. If Disney really determines that it needs to add 25% to the capacity of its WDW theme parks, it can do so gradually, at a much lower upfront capital cost, and with lower longterm overhead costs by expanding existing parks.

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 10-23-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #75
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
A 5th park is not happening anytime soon, I agree with that. I don't agree that a 5th gate will NEVER be built. It may or may not happen one day in the future.

With the way they keep adding additional resort capacity - AoA just completed, Grand Floridian DVC completed soon, and with future DVC sites expected for the Poly and Fort Wilderness area (plus all the additional "offsite" resorts) - eventaully they may have to add more park capacity than expansions of the 4 current parks can provide. Right now, they are nowhere near that point - yet. But down the road.....who knows?

If the 4 current parks (even after expansions) start getting too crowded to the point where the guest experience is negatively impacted in a significant way (and I'm sure this is where a lot of the next-gen stuff is supposed to come in), it could cause people to not return or even discourage others from going. I realize that almost sounds like the old Yogi-ism: "Nobody goes to that place anymore, it's too crowded". But if the general sentiment becomes that it is just too crowded to enjoy yourself - even if they do a good job with the next-gen stuff to eliminate a lot of the waiting - that could eventually become a problem for them.
I have stated the same opinons and agree with yours. Except that I think we are looking at a 10 year opening.

The AK and HS need some new major attractions that will be done first. I would love to see a new country or 2 in Epcot as well.

AKK

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: