Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

Do you personalize your stroller? Signs or tags?

Just curious to hear what other people do to personalize their stroller while at DL. I read the thread about the stolen stroller and it made me so sad! I hate that things like that happen at such a happy place, but that is the reality of it.

I had a few ideas as far as signs go, or a fun bright luggage tag, but thought maybe others had some fun suggestions!

I've been to DL many times but this next trip will be my first time going as a parent and I honestly never paid much attention before!

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena
(DD) Sophie -- (DS) Parker

sophies*mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

We did a luggage tag (just got one at the airport counter) and we also tie a thick bright ribbon on the middle of the handle. Nothing that would really tempt people to steal the "identity item" but enough that it might make someone think, "oh, this isn't mine".
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
robinjh7
Earning My Ears

We use a bright bandana. (You can get them at Walmart for about $1.) We tie it around the handle where we can see it. It's really useful when CMs have moved the stroller while we were on a ride. Sometimes it's hard to see the name placard in the stroller sea.

(BTW, we also use bandanas on our luggage when we fly.)
robinjh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post
Nothing that would really tempt people to steal the "identity item" but enough that it might make someone think, "oh, this isn't mine".
That's pretty much why I was thinking about doing it.

The luggage tags I have are actually self sealing laminated pouches. I thought I could decorate some bright paper with our name and maybe phone number just in case it wanders off

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena

Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
SeansMom
DIS Veteran

This will either make you laugh or make you cringe. One of the guidebooks suggested tying a dirty diaper or sock onto the stroller. Well, the "appearance" of a dirty diaper. One clean diaper in a bag plus dark soda=the look of a dirty diaper. In the end, I think we didn't use that suggestion, but brought a very cheap umbrella stroller that was easy to maneuver and wouldn't have been the end of the world if it got stollen. Or rent one and personalize it however you like (so you don't have to worry about it being stolen!)
SeansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
mickey22
Earning My Ears

I have a bright neon pink 8 1/2 x 11 sign that I laminated that says in Disney print Emma's princess carriage.....I punched holes on it, and attach with a small bungy. Have been using it for years, but now it will retire....she is too big.

Then on to our first Cruise to the MR
mickey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:07 AM   #7
Bungle
DIS Veteran

We leave the tag from the airline on it and then add something else like a balloon or tie a bright colored shirt to it. One year I put tennis balls in the cup holders, easy to find!

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
mommy2mygirls
Mouseketeer

We use 2 Mia Moda umbrella-type strollers for our trips. I love them because they were cheaper (I think they were like $85 for 2 of them or something) and they fold up like umbrella strollers, but they have sunshades, carrying baskets underneath, they recline, and they're taller so you don't have to hunch over pushing them. But anyway, they are both red so I bought some red and white checkered fabric and wrote our last name on it with a black sharpie, then stitched it to the back fabric. It's easily removed at home (although I never have) without damaging the stroller, but in a place like Disney they stand out big time.
mommy2mygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #9
Jynxed
Mouseketeer

I will be tying a ribbon around the handle and at night I have glow stick bracelets to wrap around the handle. I figure it will be easy to spot when it's dark.
Jynxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
Mama Who
DIS Veteran

We did not use an identifying item of any kind and in a week at the parks I never once saw a stroller that was enough like mine to cause confusion. We own a Graco, nothing fancy or unusual, but there are so many kinds out there it just wasn't ever an issue.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
starkweatherink
Earning My Ears

I think most of the moms should equip their strollers with an airhorn. I can't count the times my heels were slammed by a stroller or got shoved aside by a mom with one. Only time i said something was when my DD got shoved into a wall. That almost got me thrown out of the park but I held back.
starkweatherink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
lovedisneyland1
Earning My Ears

I have never had my stroller stolen while at the parks. I am thinking about buying a stroller lock called a Buggyguard though for our next trip. It just looks like a very convenient way to prevent theft. They have a website or they also have them on Amazon or Babies R Us.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
pinktink83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One of the guidebooks suggested tying a dirty diaper or sock onto the stroller. Well, the "appearance" of a dirty diaper. One clean diaper in a bag plus dark soda=the look of a dirty diaper.
EW!! I do not like that idea, lol. What a way to ruin your appetite as you bite into your mickey ice cream bar, to look over and see that on someone's stroller, fake or NOT!!

Quote:
I think most of the moms should equip their strollers with an airhorn. I can't count the times my heels were slammed by a stroller or got shoved aside by a mom with one. Only time i said something was when my DD got shoved into a wall. That almost got me thrown out of the park but I held back.
What does this have to do with the OP?! For people who have NOT had to push a stroller through a very crowded place...it can be HARD. Sometimes its hard to see where people's feet are in front of you, or the crowd pauses for a second as people shift places and you can't stop as quickly. And its hard to see little ones if they are shorter than the handles of the stroller. Everyone should be paying attention, but I think MOST people honestly do not mean to do it and feel bad when it happens. Reacting violently and aggressively does not help.

*Disneyland (CA) 5/06: 1st w/ kids! {Trip report} *SeaWorld 8/07: 1st w/ kids! {Trip report}
*Disneyland (CA) 10/08: 1st Halloween! *Daddy/Son Legoland 5/09
*Mommy/Daughter American Girl Place LA 1/11{Trip report}
*Disneyland (CA) 11/11: 1st Christmas! *Disneyland (CA) 1/13: Carsland!
pinktink83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #14
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

I have simply cut and tied bright yellow ribbon (about an inch width) around both handles, dangling, with our last name written on the ribbon with a sharpie. easy to identify. And good thing, because once there was the identical stroller parked right next to ours, my DD jumped in the first one, which was the wrong one. Had I not had the ribbons, we may not have noticed it wasn't ours until we rummaged through the stuff in the basket. I would feel horrible taking someone elses stroller! I have noticed the majority of strollers do not have any obvious markings. So having something obvious definately stands out amonst the sea of strollers.
IBLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:44 AM   #15
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeansMom View Post
This will either make you laugh or make you cringe. One of the guidebooks suggested tying a dirty diaper or sock onto the stroller. Well, the "appearance" of a dirty diaper. One clean diaper in a bag plus dark soda=the look of a dirty diaper. In the end, I think we didn't use that suggestion, but brought a very cheap umbrella stroller that was easy to maneuver and wouldn't have been the end of the world if it got stollen. Or rent one and personalize it however you like (so you don't have to worry about it being stolen!)
I read about that on another thread!!! HA HA! I don't know that I would be brave enough to do that! I've also read about people keeping a dirty crusty looking sock in the cup holder!

Love the glow bracelet idea! I was planning on getting some for the goody bags for the kids going with us and that is smart!

Our stroller is pretty common, though I've never seen another one with the same pattern...of course at Disneyland people come from all over the place and I'm sure there's bound to be another family with the same pattern on their stroller (green with elephants).

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: