Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #16
mouseketeermama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudless Nights View Post
Does anyone know when they came out last year? Just curious.
I believe it was Oct 5th.

Just a married to my raising our littleand tiny
mouseketeermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #17
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseketeermama View Post
I believe it was Oct 5th.
That's what I see, too, so I can't help but think that it should happen by the end of the month. My guess is as good as any, right? hah!

I sure hope to get a good AP discount!! like the old days...
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #18
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellieB View Post
This is our first year with AP's also, and probably our last. It has been very hard to plan trips wanting to use a discount. We are currently booked in January AofA LM with dining. We could use the GP room only and pay the same for the room, and then out of pocket for dining. But we love the ease of the dining plan. We stayed in the LM section a few weeks ago, and it was nice. But I could do without the walk to the food court/busses everyday! When I talked to a cast member yesterday, they told me AP rates should be out early December. I told her I felt I was getting the shaft, as my trip is due in full by Dec. 5. She said they "should" be out by then, but no guarantee
I am confused by what you have booked. Did you buy tickets even though you have an ap? You know you can book room only and book dining as well if you have an AP right? That way there is no 45 day payment due date.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm

I am confused by what you have booked. Did you buy tickets even though you have an ap? You know you can book room only and book dining as well if you have an AP right? That way there is no 45 day payment due date.
That is not entirely correct. If you book the AP ticketless package with dining, it is a package with payment due at 45 days. You can't book a room only and add dining without tickets like I think you are saying. I'm guessing the OP has a rack rate room and has booked an AP ticketless package with dining., but would like to have an AP rate room.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #20
ShellieB
Mouseketeer

I think I forgot to say that I could pay the same with the GP discount for a moderate than I am for a value. And yes . . if I want to add dining without adding tickets, I have to do it as an AP package. But if I use the GP Room Only discount, I cannot add dining. So I am hoping for a good AP room discount so we can still do dining. This has been so confusing, but I think I understand a bit now
ShellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #21
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
That is not entirely correct. If you book the AP ticketless package with dining, it is a package with payment due at 45 days. You can't book a room only and add dining without tickets like I think you are saying. I'm guessing the OP has a rack rate room and has booked an AP ticketless package with dining., but would like to have an AP rate room.
You can book a room only with AP discount and add dining (paying full price for the dining) without having to buy park tickets if you have an AP. We did this last year.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #22
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
You can book a room only with AP discount and add dining (paying full price for the dining) without having to buy park tickets if you have an AP. We did this last year.
I agree that you can end up with that result (and that's what I said but maybe not as clearly as I intended). But it's a package - not a room only booking. It carries all the same payment and cancellation rules as all other packages.

You can also do that with an AP if you pay rack rate for your room - but it's still a Disney package.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #23
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
I agree that you can end up with that result (and that's what I said but maybe not as clearly as I intended). But it's a package - not a room only booking. It carries all the same payment and cancellation rules as all other packages.

You can also do that with an AP if you pay rack rate for your room - but it's still a Disney package.
Agreed.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
west&east
DIS Veteran

Just returned from the F&W festival with our first AP's. Now planning a return trip for MLK weekend which is mostly blocked out with the current room only discount. Will the AP discount black out that weekend too? I noticed that the current AP discounts run all the way through Christmas Eve while the GP discounts end 12/21.
Not sure if I should go ahead and book now and then change it to the AP rate later if it comes out?

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #25
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Do you guys think there is any chance that the AP discounts will be more than the current offer? I got 35% off the Poly with the room-only public discount. Of course I would love more off in order to make our dream trip more affordable, but I haven't seen AP offers lately that have been more than 35%. Thoughts? Maybe they will just offer different resorts?

We have never been able to afford the Poly before and I am happy that we can do it this one time. But since we do have an AP this year I am being greedy and hoping for 40%.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #26
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I called today and still no AP discounts. The CM tried really hard to sell me on the P/S/D offer and saving the tickets for the future.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #27
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDuck83 View Post
We are actually travelling with some other family and this is the resort everyone else likes. We like it too, it's much smaller than POR/CBR/CSR, it seems to have more of a "deluxe" feel with still moderate pricing. We have debated about staying at WL with a 25% discount... but we'll see.
If you have AAA you may be able to book a room only with a better discount.
I just booked FQ with the stay play dine promo, and it had the same discount as POR.
Last Aug the FQ AP rate was no better then 5% .
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #28
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

Still nothing? You're killing me Disney World..
** August 2010 - Caribbean Beach ** January 2011 - Caribbean Beach
** August 2011 - All-Star Sports ** August 2012 - Caribbean Beach
** January 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ** May 2013 - All-Star Music **August 2013 - Pop Century
** August 2014 - Boardwalk Villas/AKL Kidani - Savannah View!
Cloudless Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #29
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudless Nights View Post
Still nothing? You're killing me Disney World..
Umm yeah. I am looking to book for February. I'm just going to go ahead and book PSD and change if the AP rate is better.
But it's November .. they sure aren't giving you January folks much time to plan are they?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #30
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Umm yeah. I am looking to book for February. I'm just going to go ahead and book PSD and change if the AP rate is better.
But it's November .. they sure aren't giving you January folks much time to plan are they?
We're going early Jan , so it's countdown time but still no AP rate. Makes me very thankful I was able to lock into the 35% room only rate.
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: