Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

January AP discounts?

Hey guys, anyone have an idea of when the January/February AP rates will come out? Waiting to buy flights to make sure we can go..
** August 2010 - Caribbean Beach ** January 2011 - Caribbean Beach
** August 2011 - All-Star Sports ** August 2012 - Caribbean Beach
** January 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ** May 2013 - All-Star Music **August 2013 - Pop Century
** August 2014 - Boardwalk Villas/AKL Kidani - Savannah View!
Cloudless Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
tallen429
DIS Veteran

I thought they'd be out this week. Who knows anymore...the AP discounts have gotten really strange. I'm waiting too...

tallen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
mouseketeermama
Mouseketeer

I am patiently waiting with you!

Just a married to my raising our littleand tiny
mouseketeermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
lilstint
DIS Veteran

Location: Niskayuna, New York, Bolton Landing on Lake George, SSR

Me too!

Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grown up things again - Peter Pan
lilstint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Count me in too! I took advantage of the Visa rate for Jan but would love to able to save a little more!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
RellaSprinkles
Earning My Ears

This is the first time I've had an AP, so I've never been able to take advantage of the AP discounts before.. hoping for a nice discount for January!
RellaSprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RellaSprinkles View Post
This is the first time I've had an AP, so I've never been able to take advantage of the AP discounts before.. hoping for a nice discount for January!
Yeah, we also got AP for the first time this year (allowed us to visit at the end of the month.

Just a question: If we have a trip booked for February 4 to February 12 (we got the SPD deal), if an AP offer comes out that is better but our AP end on February 2, can we still get the AP offer?

bluehawaii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
DDuck83
DisDad

Called yesterday and the cast member said nothing soon that she was aware of and that the earliest she thought they may come out is December

We booked a RO with the general public discount. Only 5% at POFQ

I know nothing is written in stone that AP holders should get great discounts, but this is the first year we've had AP's and it will likely be our last.
DDuck83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
DisneyRunnerGirl
If you see me sitting in a rocking chair, it's because I'm tying my running shoes.

I booked already with the current "anybody can get it rates" on the special offers tab. Got the Poly for just over $300 a night including a Sat. I am staying here for the marathon as a treat.

I hope that an AP rate will come out but I figure at least I have this good deal.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #10
DisneyRunnerGirl
If you see me sitting in a rocking chair, it's because I'm tying my running shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDuck83 View Post
Called yesterday and the cast member said nothing soon that she was aware of and that the earliest she thought they may come out is December

We booked a RO with the general public discount. Only 5% at POFQ

I know nothing is written in stone that AP holders should get great discounts, but this is the first year we've had AP's and it will likely be our last.
Wow - what are your dates? I got 35% off at the Poly. Here are the dates for current promotion on website for room only. Not all resorts, so don't know if you would want to leave POFQ.

January - March Room Offer
Enjoy great savings on a Walt Disney World Resort getaway for select dates from January 2 - January 17, 2013 and January 21 - March 7, 2013. With prices like these, you can't afford to pass up this incredible offer. Hurry, rooms fill up fast!

Shows 30% off for CBR, CSR and POR in moderates. So if you are not set on POFQ, you may be able to save more than 5%.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDuck83 View Post
Yeah, I had a CM tell me "Maybe around Thanksgiving." It seems like it might be a while yet.

I'm already booked at AoA, and I'm not really expecting AP discounts on the LM rooms, but I might switch resorts if the AP discounts on other values are good enough!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
ShellieB
Mouseketeer

This is our first year with AP's also, and probably our last. It has been very hard to plan trips wanting to use a discount. We are currently booked in January AofA LM with dining. We could use the GP room only and pay the same for the room, and then out of pocket for dining. But we love the ease of the dining plan. We stayed in the LM section a few weeks ago, and it was nice. But I could do without the walk to the food court/busses everyday! When I talked to a cast member yesterday, they told me AP rates should be out early December. I told her I felt I was getting the shaft, as my trip is due in full by Dec. 5. She said they "should" be out by then, but no guarantee
ShellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

I hate how they keep us all waiting! Just bit the bullet and booked AKL with the 35% GP discount and hoping for better..
** January 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ** May 2013 - All-Star Music **August 2013 - Pop Century
Old 10-18-2012, 05:35 AM   #14
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know when they came out last year? Just curious.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #15
DDuck83
DisDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunnerGirl View Post
Wow - what are your dates? I got 35% off at the Poly. Here are the dates for current promotion on website for room only. Not all resorts, so don't know if you would want to leave POFQ.

January - March Room Offer
Enjoy great savings on a Walt Disney World Resort getaway for select dates from January 2 - January 17, 2013 and January 21 - March 7, 2013. With prices like these, you can't afford to pass up this incredible offer. Hurry, rooms fill up fast!

Shows 30% off for CBR, CSR and POR in moderates. So if you are not set on POFQ, you may be able to save more than 5%.

We are actually travelling with some other family and this is the resort everyone else likes. We like it too, it's much smaller than POR/CBR/CSR, it seems to have more of a "deluxe" feel with still moderate pricing. We have debated about staying at WL with a 25% discount... but we'll see.
DDuck83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: