Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #46
zales127
Mouseketeer

I get everything BUT pins. Today I was thrilled to open an email from Disney saying that I have been one of the "few selected"...it was a survey about booking online...took the survey and was hoping for a miracle pin at the end as a thank you...nope.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #47
zales127
Mouseketeer

I just got this email...Talk about frustrating!!!!!

Disney's FREE Dining Promotion for Canadian Residents ~

For Select Arrival Dates

November 9 - 15 / November 23 - 29 /December 10 - 20, 2012

Must book by December 13, 2012

Limited Availability ~ Black-out Dates Apply

Proof of Canadian Residency Required at Check-In

Disney has offered a Free Dining Promotion to Canadian Residents booking a Disney vacation package for select dates between now and December 20, 2012. Your arrival (check-in) date must fall within the promotion dates - November 9 - 15, 2012 / November 23 - 29, 2012 / December 10 - 20, 2012 - but your departure date can extend into the blackout dates. This means that you can check in on December 20th and enjoy free dining over the Christmas holiday! (Subject to availability).

Click here for November & December information about crowds, ride closures, special Holiday events and early openings at Disney World.

Book a qualifying vacation package at a Disney moderate or deluxe resort and receive the Standard / Plus Dining Plan at no extra cost. This dining plan includes 1 counter-service meal credit, 1 table-service meal credit, and 1 snack credit per person, per night of stay. Receiving this dining plan free of charge saves a family of four about $107 or more per night of stay, based on the regular cost of this dining plan. You can upgrade to the Deluxe dining plan and just pay the difference between the standard and the deluxe plans. Contact us for details.

Book a qualifying vacation package at a Disney Value Resort (Art of Animation, All-Stars or Pop Century) and receive the Disney Quick-Service Dining plan at no extra cost. The quick-service plan provides two quick/counter-service meals + 1 snack per person, per night of stay. Receiving this plan at no extra cost saves a family of four about $85 per night of stay. You can upgrade to the Standard or Deluxe dining plans by paying the difference between the quick service dining plan and your preferred dining plan. Contact us for details. Disney's Art of Animation Resort Standard Rooms are excluded from this offer but the Family Suites are included in the free dining promotion.

Request a no-obligation vacation quote today - Please note that you are a Canadian Resident on the Form

Travel Dates: Your arrival (check-in) date must fall within these days to qualify for the free dining promotion: November 1, 2012 / November 9 - 15, 2012 / November 23 - 29, 2012 / December 10 - 20, 2012.

Minimum Requirements: Must purchase a package that includes three (3) Consecutive nights stay at a Disney Resort + at least 2-Day Disney Magic Your Way theme park Tickets.

Must book by December 13, 2012. There are a limited number of promotional packages available at each resort so book early to get your first choice in travel dates and resort.

At this point, Payment in Full will be required for most arrivals.

Suites, 3-Bedroom Villas, campsites, and Standard Rooms at Disney's Art of Animation Resort are excluded from this offer. The Cabins at the Fort Wilderness campground and Family Suites at the Art of Animation resort are included in the promotion.

If you do not have us book this for you, be sure to tell the booking agent that you want the free dining promotion. They do not automatically apply promotions to new or existing reservations – you must specifically ask for the discount.

Existing reservations falling within these days can be altered (subject to availability) to reflect the free dining promotion. Call and ask to have the discount applied – it will not happen automatically.

Proof of Canadian Residency (Drivers license, etc) will be required at Check-In. U.S. Residents may still qualify for a AAA or Military Discount for November & December visits to Disney World.

Traveling in 2013? U.S. & Canadian Residents can qualify for Disney's Stay, Play & Dine offer for arrivals from January 2 - March 7, 2013. This is not a free dining promotion but savings are significant on packages that include room, tickets, and dining. Click here for information.

Dining Reservations – Book your dining reservations as soon as possible. The free dining promotion has a serious impact on the number of available dining reservations and some restaurants will fully book very early. Remember that we book dining reservations on your behalf (subject to availability) when you book your Disney vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip.

Free Theme Park Touring Plans & Vacation Planning Help – In addition to the free dining promotions, you can receive vacation planning help at no additional cost when you book your Disney vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip. (1) We help with establishing a “Best Days” itinerary, (2) help with dining reservations, and (3) provide either a subscription to www.touringplans.com, www.tourguidemike.com, or an Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (guidebook) to help you with touring plans that keep you ahead of the crowds and out of the long lines. Contact us today to book your vacation.

Click here to book your vacation with free dining today - Be sure to tell us that you are a Canadian Resident
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #48
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

I got the same email, but it is nothing new. That offer is exactly the same one that was offered to everyone until yesterday. The only difference is that Canadian residents have until Dec. 13 to book it, instead of Oct. 31. I seriously doubt that there will be many that will book this offer in the next month and a half that havent already done so.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #49
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

I wish the 35% discoint would be a full room discount for me. I did the math and my room category wsn't a full 35% off the room? Think it's because it's savannah view?
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #50
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I wish the 35% discoint would be a full room discount for me. I did the math and my room category wsn't a full 35% off the room? Think it's because it's savannah view?
It is tiered - Savannah rooms typically get less than the standard. I've seen them as low as 5% but I'm not sure what it is with this specific offer.

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #51
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

You are exactly right about the 5%. On the GP RO offer it was 5% so I went with the p/s/d offer. With this new PIN I never actually saw the offer but the CM said it was attached to our household. It was a RO offer for up to 35% and in the end it saved me $72 over the p/s/d but it still wasn't 35% off the room. It was more than 5% but haven't done the math to see what it was...I might do that for fun later. The full 35% off the room would have saved me another $200!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #52
morgan loves minnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
You are exactly right about the 5%. On the GP RO offer it was 5% so I went with the p/s/d offer. With this new PIN I never actually saw the offer but the CM said it was attached to our household. It was a RO offer for up to 35% and in the end it saved me $72 over the p/s/d but it still wasn't 35% off the room. It was more than 5% but haven't done the math to see what it was...I might do that for fun later. The full 35% off the room would have saved me another $200!
If it is the same pin that I received in the mail (which it sounds like) then the Savannah view room is listed as a 25% discount.

I was really happy to get this pin because it covers the quick girls weekend trip I am planning on taking at the end of April. Just trying to decide where to book now!
Multiple childhood trips; Trips now that I'm the mom, April 2007 Ft. Wilderness cabins; April 2008 Ft. Wilderness Cabins; August 2008 Disneyland CA; December 2008 Saratoga Springs; October 2010 Bonnet Creek; April 2012 Bay Lake Tower; April 2013 POP Century - and many more to come
morgan loves minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #53
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan loves minnie View Post
If it is the same pin that I received in the mail (which it sounds like) then the Savannah view room is listed as a 25% discount.

I was really happy to get this pin because it covers the quick girls weekend trip I am planning on taking at the end of April. Just trying to decide where to book now!
Thanks - that helps since I didn't actually get to see the offer!

Picking a resort is tough - good luck!!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #54
nooneshome
but us dis shutins-send help or APs

I've been trying all the "tricks' to get a FD pin but alas none has been forthcoming. May have to break down and just call to see if we have one. I sure would like to take a mardi gras trip.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #55
zales127
Mouseketeer

November 5th and still no FD for February.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #56
iwannago2disney
Earning My Ears

I called in last week to ask a question and the rep hinted that maybe after Thanksgiving there may be so e new deals....FINGERS CROSSED!!!
iwannago2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #57
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

So...here's a question for you experts!

We are staying for 4 nights the first week of march and got the play/dine/stay deal. We then go on a Disney cruise and return on a Sunday where we switch resorts and stay for another 4 nights.

I only have the meal plan for the first week.

Since I only have a resort booked the second week would they allow me free dining if I don't currently have the dining option booked?

Thanks.
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #58
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom
So...here's a question for you experts!

We are staying for 4 nights the first week of march and got the play/dine/stay deal. We then go on a Disney cruise and return on a Sunday where we switch resorts and stay for another 4 nights.

I only have the meal plan for the first week.

Since I only have a resort booked the second week would they allow me free dining if I don't currently have the dining option booked?

Thanks.
You have to book a package with room and tickets to get dining, even if its paid (with some different exceptions for AP holders and DVC members). For free dining, there would be no exceptions or for the S/P/D offer.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #59
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zales127
November 5th and still no FD for February.
Stay/Play/Dine is the new free dining.

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #60
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannago2disney View Post
I called in last week to ask a question and the rep hinted that maybe after Thanksgiving there may be so e new deals....FINGERS CROSSED!!!
Oooh, I hope so. And somewhere I remember reading that they are only going to release discounts three months out...I am sure I did not dream that up. So March onward would be three months!!

McKelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: