Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #31
Bearwater
Earning My Ears

I have done everything suggested to get offers. We went 5 years ago. I have saved a vacation on WDW website. I sent off and got a new DVD a few months ago, but I have not received any of the offers you all are talking about via Email or Snail Mail
Bearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #32
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearwater View Post
I have done everything suggested to get offers. We went 5 years ago. I have saved a vacation on WDW website. I sent off and got a new DVD a few months ago, but I have not received any of the offers you all are talking about via Email or Snail Mail
You are not alone. We have been going every year for 12 years and have never gotten a pin.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #33
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
My e-mail from Hotmail got a pin code on Oct. 10th.
The free dining is for Jan. 2-March 7th. It says for most dates.

A 35% code is For stays most nights
1/2–3/24/13, 4/21–5/22/13 and
8/11–9/28/13.

I guess I will be moving my dates. We were going before my dh convention April 13-16. I think the 21st is a Sunday. This is going to be complicated. I will have to check in and out to start getting the percentage off.
I just got this in snail mail today but the free dining is for at least 5 nights and we are only going for 3. Maybe I can talk DH into going 2 more nights and changing our resort to make it even out?? Hmmmm, wishful thinking probably!

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #34
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewsMommy View Post
I just got this in snail mail today but the free dining is for at least 5 nights and we are only going for 3. Maybe I can talk DH into going 2 more nights and changing our resort to make it even out?? Hmmmm, wishful thinking probably!
I don't know why the offer mailed says for 5 nights 6 days or if it is just showing an example of a 5ni/6day trip, but there is a 3 night minimum with 2 day tickets just like there always is.

You wouldn't have a problem if you meet those requirements.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #35
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I don't know why the offer mailed says for 5 nights 6 days or if it is just showing an example of a 5ni/6day trip, but there is a 3 night minimum with 2 day tickets just like there always is.

You wouldn't have a problem if you meet those requirements.
Probably worth a call to check since we are going 3 nights with 2 day base tickets.

It does specifically say: "Enjoy a FREE Dining Plan when you purchase a non-discounted 5 night/6 day Walt Disney Travel Company Room and ticket package at select Disney Resort Hotels. For arrivals most nights 1/2-3/7/13."

ETA: Just called and both offers applied and the Room Only was better! I had the Disney Visa 25% RO discount already applied (it was only 25% at WL), and this PIN was for 35% off so an additional $140 in savings. The FD would have saved me @ $38! The RO worked better for us because of our dates and only staying 3 nights. Starting 2/14/13, the Resort cost/night goes way up.

Last edited by MatthewsMommy; 10-23-2012 at 02:14 PM.
MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #36
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

I am curious about this as well! We have our trip planned for April 30 - May 7, and have a pin for RO discount. Not sure what would be cheaper, the RO or FD. Guess I will have to start pricing!!! If FD or something better comes along I guess I could change our dates. I have never been at this time of year so it is all new to me! Those of you going in April, how is the weather, crowds, etc?

deedeew80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #37
NateTiff
Earning My Ears

I got the s/p/d offer for January 2013 at POFQ. I just called my travel agent and she called Disney for me. Saved me about $700!
NateTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #38
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewsMommy View Post
Probably worth a call to check since we are going 3 nights with 2 day base tickets.

It does specifically say: "Enjoy a FREE Dining Plan when you purchase a non-discounted 5 night/6 day Walt Disney Travel Company Room and ticket package at select Disney Resort Hotels. For arrivals most nights 1/2-3/7/13."

ETA: Just called and both offers applied and the Room Only was better! I had the Disney Visa 25% RO discount already applied (it was only 25% at WL), and this PIN was for 35% off so an additional $140 in savings. The FD would have saved me @ $38! The RO worked better for us because of our dates and only staying 3 nights. Starting 2/14/13, the Resort cost/night goes way up.
Awesome!!! I could not figure out why people were saying they had to stay 5 nights when they didn't, but that wording definitely explains it!!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #39
pixieMandy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
I am curious about this as well! We have our trip planned for April 30 - May 7, and have a pin for RO discount. Not sure what would be cheaper, the RO or FD. Guess I will have to start pricing!!! If FD or something better comes along I guess I could change our dates. I have never been at this time of year so it is all new to me! Those of you going in April, how is the weather, crowds, etc?
We went at the end of April this year and the weather was fabulous and the crowds weren't bad at all. We loved the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot too. We loved the time of year so much we booked again 4/27-5/3 next year We are staying at POR in a Royal Guest room with a 30% off room code.
pixieMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #40
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been going for my birthday 5/6 every year since 2006. It can be very hot. Crowds are very manageable but the parks are not empty. Flower fest is beautiful.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #41
StrwLady
Why did I buy that van?! Now I can't afford a Disney trip!!!

Location: Born and Raised In New Orleans but now lives In Dallas, TX

Quote:
In general if booking a Value FD is better, a moderate I think they kind of break even and if deluxe then most % off better. I have gather that from other post here. Just price it out. Play with menu prices and room cost. It makes the planning fun and immerses you in Disney until you actually get there
2/78 Lake Buena Vista Best Western ~ 2/97 All Star Music ~ 3/00 Hawthorn Suites ~ 9/00 All Star Music ~ 3/01 ~ All Star Movies ~ 5/01 Polynesian ~ 10/01 Polynesian ~ 2/02 Contemporary ~ 12/02 Boardwalk Inn ~ 5/03 Contemporary Tower ~ 10/03 Boardwalk Inn ~ 3/04 Contemporary Tower ~ 10/04 Polynesian ~3/05 Wilderness lodge ~ 4/05 Beach Club ~ 9/05 Beach Club ~ 12/05 Beach Club ~ 3/06 DisneyLand Grand Californian ~ 6/06 All Star Music-Contemporary-Beach Club ~ 9/06 Polynesian ~ 12/06 Wilderness Lodge ~ 3/07 Disneyland Hotel ~ 6/07 All Star Sports ~ 8/07 Saratoga Springs/Pop Century ~ 9/07 Beach Club ~ 5/08 Wilderness Lodge ~ 3/09 Pop Century ~ 8/09 Contemporary ~ 7/10 Swan-Pop Century ~ 7/11 Pop Century ~ 6/12 Pop Century ~ 3/13 Pop Century ~ 8/13 Pop Century

Coming soon...
2 weeks in the World! Pop Century 6/14

StrwLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #42
Rumpletinker
Mouseketeer

Anyone hear of any new offers this morning? Anything get extended?
2010- Caribbean Beach (w/cousinbb)
2011- All Star Sports (w/cousinbb)
2011- Pop Century
2013- Port Orleans Riverside
Hey you! I'm into JESUS!

Rumpletinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #43
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
No and no
Old 11-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #44
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
No and I am totally bummed about it.......I am now starting to check offsite to save a few bucks.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #45
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

I got mail from Disney Destinations the other day, I was so excited opening it hoping it was a PIN for FD or a discount or something for next fall, it was a "thank you for coming to see us" Mickey Mail almost exactly one month after our trip, I should have realized. THEN, last Saturday I get another piece of mail from Disney Destinations and I'm thinking "this HAS to be a PIN!" well, it was, but for this holiday season. Stop teasing me Mickey, send me something I can use

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
VeronicaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: