Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #106
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Just registered for 2 more half marathons. I plan to race more this year than ever!

I've already completed one full marathon and one half marathon this year! I'm doing a March 16th and then a half the following weekend. I've got another half coming up in mid-April! I hope to acquire some serious bling this year!

I'm about 60% sure I'm going Goofy next year too! I know I'm at least doing the half with DW and some friends. I haven't made my mind up yet on whether or not to do the full also on Sunday.
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #107
adkkev
hiking fool

Looks like you might be a candidate for Half Marathon Maniacs!! I'm pretty sure they have a page on Facebook. (there's also Marathon Maniacs)

adkkev is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #108
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I don't really facebook. What is half-marathon maniacs?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #109
adkkev
hiking fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
I don't really facebook. What is half-marathon maniacs?
http://www.halffanatics.com/
adkkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #110
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning! I like the sounds of all the races you have booked! Thinking about going Goofy, huh? Awesome!

How nice that you and DW are running together. Nice that you can encourage her and support her, and she can provide you with an awesome running partner. DH and I run together sometimes and it is really nice. We are going out for a quick 5k today, in fact.

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #111
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapin View Post
Good morning! I like the sounds of all the races you have booked! Thinking about going Goofy, huh? Awesome!

How nice that you and DW are running together. Nice that you can encourage her and support her, and she can provide you with an awesome running partner. DH and I run together sometimes and it is really nice. We are going out for a quick 5k today, in fact.
I love running with her. Our paces are pretty far apart (long run for me is sub 9mm and hers is sub 10:30mm), but it's good for me to slow down sometimes and just have a nice, easy run and for her running with me pushes her a little harder.

Honestly, the only reason why I haven't just said I'm definitely going Goofy next year is with her running the half along with a few other people we know, I'm debating only running the half to save us having to stay another night after the Marathon and let us enjoy half of Saturday in the parks and even Sunday for about 1/2 a day.

That's not to mention it's extremely difficult for me to train for the full during the months you have to train due to work. I can't imagine how much more difficult it would be for Goofy!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #112
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Had a great 5 mile run this morning. Took me a while to get going. 1st and 2nd mile were both exactly 9:00 each, but the 3rd was 8:55, 4th was 8:54 and the 5th was 8:30. I've been having a little trouble with my right hip, but today I felt no pain at all. That was a good feeling....or lack thereof?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #113
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Had a nice and easy 5k run this morning with DW. I was really proud of her as she pushed the pace pretty hard despite cold weather and a strong side wind for much of our run. A few times I thought we were going to get blown off the road!

I forgot to mention I started back with Weight Watchers in an attempt to drop some of the weight I had put back on during my busy time at work (bad eating habits then despite training for a marathon). Results early on have been excellent (5.8lbs. lost in 2 days!)
Old 03-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #114
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Saturday was an awesome day! 4 members of my family entered a local 5k that was to raise some money for a teacher at my kids' school that was in a terrible car accident the day the students got out for Christmas break. It's a miracle she survived and this run was to raise money for her and her family. I never heard the official count, but someone said they had 180 entries for it so it was a solid turnout. I was running it as well as my wife, my oldest daughter, my youngest brother and his wife.

All of the adults PR'd and placed. My baby brother finished 2nd overall and 1st in his age group, his wife finished 1st overall female and 9th overall, I finished 8th overall and 1st in my age group and my wife finished 3rd in her age group!

Not only did I PR, but I absolutely destroyed my previous PR! My race PR for a 5k was 24:49 and my non-race PR was 24:11. I ran Saturday's race in 23:29!

I've got a half this weekend which will be my youngest brother's 1st half. Even though he's a faster short-distance runner than me, he asked me to pace him for his 1st half since he has considerable difficulty to pace himself properly.

I'm really excited about where I am right now as a runner. To top the weekend off, I met my favorite singer of all time Saturday night and then weighed in this morning and lost 3.6lbs. last week! It was a really, really good week! I am so thankful for it!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #115
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

It was raining yesterday morning and my treadmill is still messed up so I didn't get to run until yesterday afternoon. Wow, what a difference it makes running before daylight in 40 something degree weather vs. late afternoon sun and mid 70's. Felt like the WDW marathon all over again.

Since I have another half this weekend, I only had to do 3 miles yesterday. This was my first run since Saturday's 5k PR. I decided to just run whatever I was feeling and that pace was under 8:30. I felt pretty good despite the heat. I was definitely gassed post run though. Everything else this week is 2 milers until Saturday's half.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #116
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Had a nice final run before Saturday's half. Only had to do 2 miles. My Garmin acted up and didn't start recording my distance until I was an estimated 1/3 mile out so I decided to just run it without focusing on pace so much. I knew where my 1 mile turnaround marker was. I ended up running the 2 miles in 17 minutes even. I would have been in the mid-high 16 minute range had it not been for my dog. My beagle, Cookie, can jump the fence. She saw me running and hopped the fence and decided to run with me. Since it was around 5:30 yesterday afternoon when I ran, my road (live on a country highway), was heavy with passing cars. To keep Cookie out of danger, I ran a good portion of the run in the ditches.

I'm excited about Saturday's half. It's my baby brother's first half. He's alot faster than me in short races. We'll see how he does in this. I'm sure he can do it. Just don't want him to overdo it and get hurt.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #117
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Good luck this weekend!

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #118
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the delay in responding. I PR'd again this past weekend! I completed the half in 1:55.39 which was about 45 seconds better than my previous PR set earlier this month!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #119
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Congratulations B!

I like seeing your journal on here. Keeps me motivated.

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #120
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I'm finally back in town and I had my worst run in over a year this past Saturday. I am chalking it up to jet lag, lack of food, and higher temps, but my 10 mile run was cut short by 2 miles and was extremely slow. I had to take some walk breaks when I haven't taken them in a really long time.

I have another half in less than 2 weeks so I'll be getting back at it hard this week. Now that I'm home, I hope to get back on track with my eating and running.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: