Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #31
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I set a new personal best this morning! 17 miles without walking!!!!!

I finished at marathon goal pace of 9:30 per mi; however I was getting very slow towards the end of the run. My last 3 miles were not lightning quick at all! It was a tough run and I really wanted to walk after 12 miles, but I was able to push through. Thank you Lord!

In my defense though, DW and DD's are camping (I'm about to meet them there) and I didn't sleep well at all last night. I didn't get off work until 10pm (16 hour day yesterday) and I've been working crazy long hours this week in general so I wasn't rested up at all and DW accidentally ate my last pre-run breakfast so I can blame that too on the tough run! lol.
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #32
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Today's 5 miler was slow, but I felt really good. My Garmin has been acting up alot lately sometimes having the distance off by as much as 0.10 miles and then other mornings it has a completely blank screen. This morning it was hte blank screen that attacked so I had to rely on one of DW's old stopwatches. While I have a few markers on my home route, I had to do a 5 miler this morning and that's not a distance I've done often there so I didn't have a few key markers and not having that pace on my watch caused me to run a little slower than I normally would have on that type of distance. All in all, I was happy with the run though. I felt good and even pushed it on the last little stretch really hard and felt good doing it.

I'm not in my 11th week of my 18 week training program. I haven't walked in a month and a half!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #33
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

After yesterday's slower paced 5 miler, I was glad to have a fast 8 mile run this morning. I was running a little faster than my marathon pace of 9:30mm. I ran 2 miles @ 9:45, 2 miles @ 9:30, 2 miles @ 9:15 and the final 2 miles @ 9:00. I actually finished about 0:30 under that target pace. It's really tough to do 8 miles before work this time of year for me, but I'm really glad I pushed it and finished it fast.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #34
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Great job! Hope you guys have a happy Thanksgiving!

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #35
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

You too!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #36
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

It was rather nice waking up at 7:30am, eating a little breakfast, watching a little TV, and not having to run until 10am! DW and I also ran the first 2 miles of my 5 miler together at a 9:48 pace. The 3rd mile was 9:28. The last 2 miles were fast! I honestly thought something was wrong with my watch. I ran miles 4 and 5 under 8:30. I've run much faster miles than that, but other than the last 1/2 mile or so, it didn't feel like I was running nearly that fast.

I'm excited and nervous about tomorrow's 18 miler. It will be a new record distance if I can complete it without walking. After that run, I've got to come in and work for about 6-7 hours. Then DW and I are planning on doing a little Christmas shopping. DD's are spending the night with their "pappy" so even if I'm too tired to fight the crowds (yeah, I love to shop actually), we'll go out to dinner and enjoy some time together.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #37
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Another personal best this morning! 18 miles without walking! My pace was alot slower than it had been. I finished my 18 miler just under a 10mm pace. After PR'ing in a half marathon distance run a few weeks ago, I've been running a little faster than my pace. I guess it was the enthusiasm of the PR, but it nearly killed me last week during my 17 miler.

I have to work today and DW and I wanted to do some Christmas shopping later if I get off work in time and feel up to it, so I made myself slow down a lot! It didn't hurt that my Garmin lost satellite reception for the 1st 2 miles for some unknown reason. Fortunately the place I run on the weekends has markers every 1/2 mile.

While I didn't go blazing fast, it was still a solid run and one I'm very proud of! I am; however thanking the good Lord for a shorter run of 13 miles next weekend!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #38
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

WOW wow wow! That's fantastic, Drag! Way to go!

I just finished up week 2 of C25K yesterday and I'm gonna be starting week 3 tomorrow. Excited and nervous about it, but I know I did it before. (I had gotten all the way to Week 7 last year).

Oh I did start a blog too. Plus entering in my info each day in My Fitness Pal has been keeping me honest. I dunno, I feel like something has "clicked". We shall see.

My blog!!

Old 11-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #39
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
WOW wow wow! That's fantastic, Drag! Way to go!

I just finished up week 2 of C25K yesterday and I'm gonna be starting week 3 tomorrow. Excited and nervous about it, but I know I did it before. (I had gotten all the way to Week 7 last year).

Oh I did start a blog too. Plus entering in my info each day in My Fitness Pal has been keeping me honest. I dunno, I feel like something has "clicked". We shall see.
Keep it going girl! You can do it!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #40
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I had to be in early yesterday so I couldn't get my run in. Since I didn't get home until almost 9 last night, I also didn't get it in after work. After missing my 5 miler yesterday I was antsy to get out there this morning for my 8 mile run. This is always my toughest run of the week just because of time constraints but I felt really good this morning and finished it in 1:14. The last 3 miles were all under 9 minutes each and the 4th mile was at 9:10 so I was definitely pushing it much harder the 2nd half!

I've been working alot for the past month on negative splits and doing more fartleks in my shorter weekday runs and even some on my Saturday long runs. It certainly makes me feel good to finish the 2nd half considerably faster than the 1st half of any run.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #41
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I've had a rough week. I missed both of my 5 milers (Tuesday and Thursday) due to work and had only logged 8 miles this week. My training schedule called for a 13 miler. I had talked with Coach about entering a local 10k and 5k (they run back to back) rather than my 13 miler since my wife was going to run in the 5k. We came up with a gameplan, but had to scratch that plan mid-week since my wife had to work and couldn't race and I needed to get to work as quickly as possible and the race option would put me in at work an hour later than just running my scheduled 13 miler.

Boy, I'm glad I did it! My pace goal for today's run was 4 miles @ 9:30, 4 miles @ 9:15, 4 miles @ 9:00 and finish as fast as I could the last 1.1 miles. I felt really rough starting off and couldn't seem to get my calves stretched out. I was doing well on pace, but just felt like I was tired and wouldn't make it the full 13. I nearly called it after 4 miles, but knew I had to push through since I had already missed 10 miles this week due to work!

I started getting stretched out finally after 5 miles and started running miles under 9 minutes without even pushing hard. I would make a point to only look down at my watch every 5 or 6 minutes so I didn't obsess over pace and distance. I would just let my body dictate my pace. When I hit 10 miles, I knew a PR was within reach, but I'd have to run the last 3.1 miles fast. I felt good so I decided to push it. I ran each of the last 5 miles well under 9 minutes (most were close to 8:30-8:45). I finished in 1:57.31, but I didn't know if that was good enough for my PR. I knew I had PR'd a few weeks ago and ran it in 1:57 something, but I couldn't remember the seconds. I keep a log on my phone and quickly looked it up to see I had beaten my previous PR by 20 seconds!

Today was a testament to just pushing through on tough runs. Even if I hadn't PR'd, it would have been such a big push after a tough running week. The fact that I did was icing on the cake! I'm at work now and feel no lingering effects of my run this morning. My legs feel good and I'm pumped! I'm ready for Tuesday's 5 miler now!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #42
Terapin
DIS Veteran

You are doing awesome! My week was a mess for runs due to work. Back in the saddle today.

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #43
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapin View Post
You are doing awesome! My week was a mess for runs due to work. Back in the saddle today.
I totally feel ya on that! I've been working from 6 or 7am until at least 8 or 9 at night 6 days a week for the past few weeks. It's been making things, interesting to say the least!

I did get my 5 miler in this morning. DW ran the 1st 1.6 miles of it with me as she was doing a 3.2 mile run herself this morning. I really enjoy running with her. With work lately, it's been tough finding time together, especially just to talk. We got a little of that this morning.

Running with her does force me to slow down a little. Mile 1-10:28, Mile 2-10:09, Mile 3-9:45, Mile 4-9:25, and then Mile 5-8:42

I checked my pace for my half marathon run this past Saturday. I knew it was fast for me since I PR'd. I didn't realize I averaged an 8:58 pace!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #44
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

My 5 miler got cut short this morning due to stomach issues. I did get in 3.25 miles though. I was disappointed to not get in the full run, but I was afraid I wouldn't make it back home if I didn't turn back when I did. The run felt good though. I ran with DW so pacing was slower than my usual runs, but that was probably a good thing with my 19 miler coming up this weekend. With Saturday's half PR, I have a tendency to run a little too hard early on and then fizzle out. Running with DW yesterday and this morning kept that in check.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #45
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

I hate that! Sorry you didn't get your full run in. Hopefully this weekend you will rock it out though with the 19 miler!

My blog!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: