Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #451
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Well with only 4 days left I don't think I have too much left to talk about or plan...

As you know we have been lucky enough to go to WDW in early November two times and got to see lots of awesome Christmas decorations and lights! But with being there in early November we didn't get to see everything that WDW has to offer during Christmastime. We haven't seen AK decorated at all. Both times in Nov we were there the week that they start to decorated the parks and we went to AK too early in the week to see anything. We saw a little bit a Epcot, but I'm sure we will see even more this time. I think we've seen all that MK & DHS have to offer as far as Christmas decorations, but we are looking forward to seeing it all again!

And the resorts – we have seen the GF gingerbread house half built, but that's pretty much it. While we were at WDW on one of our November trips we were told by a CM that the resorts don't really get their Christmas decorations up until closer to Thanksgiving. So we are very excited to see the GF and the Poly all decorated up while we are staying there! We also plan to go see the WL, I hear it is just beautiful during the holidays. And all the Epcot resorts – BWI, YC, and BC. Each of them put on quite the display in their lobby for Christmas I hear! I hope to have enough time when touring the Epcot resorts to slip over to the Swan and Dolphin too. I hear they put on quite a Christmas display as well!

Anything else not to be missed???

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #452
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Well with only 4 days left I don't think I have too much left to talk about or plan...

As you know we have been lucky enough to go to WDW in early November two times and got to see lots of awesome Christmas decorations and lights! But with being there in early November we didn't get to see everything that WDW has to offer during Christmastime. We haven't seen AK decorated at all. Both times in Nov we were there the week that they start to decorated the parks and we went to AK too early in the week to see anything. We saw a little bit a Epcot, but I'm sure we will see even more this time. I think we've seen all that MK & DHS have to offer as far as Christmas decorations, but we are looking forward to seeing it all again!

And the resorts – we have seen the GF gingerbread house half built, but that's pretty much it. While we were at WDW on one of our November trips we were told by a CM that the resorts don't really get their Christmas decorations up until closer to Thanksgiving. So we are very excited to see the GF and the Poly all decorated up while we are staying there! We also plan to go see the WL, I hear it is just beautiful during the holidays. And all the Epcot resorts – BWI, YC, and BC. Each of them put on quite the display in their lobby for Christmas I hear! I hope to have enough time when touring the Epcot resorts to slip over to the Swan and Dolphin too. I hear they put on quite a Christmas display as well!

Anything else not to be missed???

How on earth did I miss this new TR??????????? I was thinking the other day that I missed your updates from your last report when it dawned on me that you were going again this December. I went to look for a PTR and here you are!! So excited for you!!!!!!!!! If you can, try to go over to Fort Wilderness and walk around a loop or two. I was amazed at how each individual trailer was decorated complete with Minnie soaking in a bathtub at one of them. So many people spared no expense with their decorations!! Definitely worth a look if you can. I'm sooo glad I found you so I can live vicariously. Heading to the Caribbean next week myself, but I'll look forward to your report when we all get back!
CJK is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #453
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
How on earth did I miss this new TR??????????? I was thinking the other day that I missed your updates from your last report when it dawned on me that you were going again this December. I went to look for a PTR and here you are!! So excited for you!!!!!!!!! If you can, try to go over to Fort Wilderness and walk around a loop or two. I was amazed at how each individual trailer was decorated complete with Minnie soaking in a bathtub at one of them. So many people spared no expense with their decorations!! Definitely worth a look if you can. I'm sooo glad I found you so I can live vicariously. Heading to the Caribbean next week myself, but I'll look forward to your report when we all get back!

I usually post a link on the last TR when I start a new one!! Maybe I should start PMing people!

So glad you are here now!

Oohhh that sounds like fun!! And we do have plans to go over to Fort Wilderness anyway. I signed DS13 up for the archery experience! He is really into archery lately, so I thought it might be a fun experience for him!

Have a nice time in the Caribbean!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #454
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Latest Accuweather forecast:

Dec 9
Times of clouds and sun
H80°Lo64°

Dec 10
Times of clouds and sun
H80°Lo53°

Dec 11
Partly sunny and cooler
H65°Lo54°

Dec 12
Rain
H73°Lo63°

Dec 13
Warmer with clouds and sun
H80°Lo60°

Dec 14
Partly sunny and very warm
H82°Lo58°

Dec 15
Sunshine and very warm
H83°Lo60°

And I looked at the local Orlando station forecast and it only shows through Sunday, and Sunday looks like High of 81, Low of 62, with a 20% chance of rain.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #455
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Breaking News:

Okay, nothing to do with my trip and maybe not even "breaking news" since I have heard this rumor before, but it seems like it's becoming more official....

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Pa...ce=twitterfeed
Old 12-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #456
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Well I'm back!

A little lighter in the bank account but back nonetheless.... and without a duffel bag I might add!!

Got the nails done, bought some H20 sea salt products for when we get back(That's what's in the GF CL -- not sure if that's different than the ones at the Poly but I LOVE them), got the makeup.

That's all.

So the forecast is looking okay-- some of the time. I know it's going to change. I need to throw some dresses into my bag I guess b/c I haven't done that yet.

Carsland! I had heard it when it was floating around a few months ago but I didn't know if it would ever really come to be. So excited about that!!

I am just ready to go. Now.
Tired of waiting.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #457
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]I usually post a link on the last TR when I start a new one!! Maybe I should start PMing people!
You bad!!

Am I a bad influence on you?

I can't believe no comments from Jodi!

I'm glad your DS is feeling at least better enough that he wants to go to school. Would your doctor ever prescribe a just-in-case antibiotic for you to bring with you? (Just in case anyone else started with any symptoms) I assume what you would take wouldn't be the same as what your kids take, but it sure would be good to have one hand. But since no one else is going to get it, why bother? Positive thinking!

So.....what does your DH think of your new look?
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #458
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Yes, you should definitely started PMing us people that are too lazy to look beyond their subscribed threads lol, I must admit that I almost missed this!!

Four days to go! And such good weather too, am so jealous., we have snow here in England!

Me and the family are doing great, thank you for asking . Hope your DS is feeling better now.

I love WDW at Christmas, all the resorts you mentioned are beautifully decorated. Definitely the most magical time to go.
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #459
JoBird
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

T --- I'm on good behavior. I'm a reformed bad girl.

You believe me don't ya?

In reality I somehow missed when she said that? Otherwise oh yeah I would have been all over that like a Toad on a Toadstool.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #460
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Well I'm back!

A little lighter in the bank account but back nonetheless.... and without a duffel bag I might add!!

Got the nails done, bought some H20 sea salt products for when we get back(That's what's in the GF CL -- not sure if that's different than the ones at the Poly but I LOVE them), got the makeup.

That's all.

So the forecast is looking okay-- some of the time. I know it's going to change. I need to throw some dresses into my bag I guess b/c I haven't done that yet.

Carsland! I had heard it when it was floating around a few months ago but I didn't know if it would ever really come to be. So excited about that!!

I am just ready to go. Now.
Tired of waiting.

Girl you gotta stay home or you are going to end up broke like me!! I got my credit card bill the other day and with all the Christmas shopping, vacation planning, and every dang thing else, it was enough to make me keep my behind home this week.

Good thing I paid that bill in full and now I can start racking up next month's bill at WDW next week!!

Glad you got your nails done and got all your stuff. Except for the duffel bag. What's the problem??? Do you have a Sunglass and Totes store? That's where I get all my bags anymore. They are great and reasonably priced!

Yes, the weather isn't looking too bad. Some sunny and warm days in there!! And a few that could be chilly, but I can deal with a few!

I wonder how long it will take them to build Carsland? I hope to see the one in CA this summer!!

Is it just me or is this week dragging on forever??????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
You bad!!

Am I a bad influence on you?

I can't believe no comments from Jodi!

I'm glad your DS is feeling at least better enough that he wants to go to school. Would your doctor ever prescribe a just-in-case antibiotic for you to bring with you? (Just in case anyone else started with any symptoms) I assume what you would take wouldn't be the same as what your kids take, but it sure would be good to have one hand. But since no one else is going to get it, why bother? Positive thinking!

So.....what does your DH think of your new look?
I think you are a bad influence on me!!! I don't think Jodi noticed it.....

I couldn't get the doctor to prescribe anything for the rest of us. They said that adults don't usually get strep anyway. But that it was likely that DS13 could get it. They said they would call in a prescription for him down there if we needed it. But I just wanted it now!!!

I'm trying to think positive and hoping and praying that the rest of us don't get sick. DS11 is feeling better this afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Yes, you should definitely started PMing us people that are too lazy to look beyond their subscribed threads lol, I must admit that I almost missed this!!

Four days to go! And such good weather too, am so jealous., we have snow here in England!

Me and the family are doing great, thank you for asking . Hope your DS is feeling better now.

I love WDW at Christmas, all the resorts you mentioned are beautifully decorated. Definitely the most magical time to go.

I'll keep that in mind for next time!! I hate to PM people though, I would feel like I was making them feel like they have to come read my TR!

I'm sorry you have snow! That stinks. We had some a few weeks ago but it is gone now. Yes, the weather isn't looking too bad for the trip as of right now. Hopefully it will stay the same or even get better!!

DS is doing better this afternoon. Thanks!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #461
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
T --- I'm on good behavior. I'm a reformed bad girl.

You believe me don't ya?

In reality I somehow missed when she said that? Otherwise oh yeah I would have been all over that like a Toad on a Toadstool.

Reformed.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #462
JoBird

Reformed.
For now.
Until Saturday. Then all bets are off!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #463
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Reformed.
For now.
Until Saturday. Then all bets are off!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #464
JoBird

Oh and we dong have one of those stores here! I refuse to pay $100 for a duffel bag!!!!

Yay for paying that cc balance down to zero so you can build it up again at WDW!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #465
JoBird

"dong"??????

Oh my.

My stupid phone!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: