Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #61
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 15,091
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
That's because great minds think a like!!!

I guess you're right.....2 nights might be a preferred amount of time for some people.....lol To me that's just a tease.......a wonderful, fantastic, amazing tease...but a tease none the less!!

I figured I had a bajillion pictures......might as well share them!!!!
I always feel like I didn't get a full experience in 2 or 3 days, but I suppose the 'average' person would not mind that time frame. I know that some of my friends who are not that 'in to' Disney would probably wonder why anyone wanted to stay more than a couple of nights! (And they wonder why anyone would possibly want to take thousands of photos at DLR! Ha! Little do they know!)

Yes, you've got a bajllion photos but I always look at it like this: we get new subscribers, followers, lurkers, active posters, etc., in our threads all the time. We can't be sure that the new folks tuning in saw the TR's we did in the past or the photos we posted in the past. Sure, there will be some folks who have seen them here and there, but we basically get somewhat of a new audience all the time. When you post photos, the new audience gets to see them!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #62
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I always feel like I didn't get a full experience in 2 or 3 days, but I suppose the 'average' person would not mind that time frame. I know that some of my friends who are not that 'in to' Disney would probably wonder why anyone wanted to stay more than a couple of nights! (And they wonder why anyone would possibly want to take thousands of photos at DLR! Ha! Little do they know!)

Yes, you've got a bajllion photos but I always look at it like this: we get new subscribers, followers, lurkers, active posters, etc., in our threads all the time. We can't be sure that the new folks tuning in saw the TR's we did in the past or the photos we posted in the past. Sure, there will be some folks who have seen them here and there, but we basically get somewhat of a new audience all the time. When you post photos, the new audience gets to see them!
I enjoy going back and looking at my pics....so hopefully others; whether new or old followers will enjoy them too!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #63
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!
 
PHXscuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Blazing Heat, AZ
Posts: 2,559

Mmmm ... Pooh Corner, my favorite hidden little snack shop!

I do like Splash Mountain, but I got soaked on my Christmas trip worse than I ever have been and I was cold for hours! I think it was a big guy in the front of our log (note to self: put tall, skinny DD13 in the front when we go in March!).

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #64
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Mmmm ... Pooh Corner, my favorite hidden little snack shop!

I do like Splash Mountain, but I got soaked on my Christmas trip worse than I ever have been and I was cold for hours! I think it was a big guy in the front of our log (note to self: put tall, skinny DD13 in the front when we go in March!).

PHXscuba
I agree, I love going up there to drool on their display cases......

I've agreed to try it again.....but I hate being wet......HATE it!!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #65
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,312

I am SOOOOOOO happy the IRS has FINALLY given you an answer...and a good one at that!

What an awesome deal you can get with Derek's CM discount How exciting!
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 2/15 - AKV (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #66
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I am SOOOOOOO happy the IRS has FINALLY given you an answer...and a good one at that!

What an awesome deal you can get with Derek's CM discount How exciting!
Thank You!!!!! We're pretty happy we'll be able to take advantage of that before he's done with the college program. Of course it sure would be nice if he could continue as a CM here at Disneyland!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #67
yupikgal
DIS Veteran
 
yupikgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 718

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver

Thank You!!!!! We're pretty happy we'll be able to take advantage of that before he's done with the college program. Of course it sure would be nice if he could continue as a CM here at Disneyland!!!
Hi my Lucky friend!! I've been reading your PTR and although I was happy for you going back to Disneyland because any Disney trip is better than nothing right? But when I read that you are getting your IRS money AND Getting to stay @ the PPH (my favorite!) And concierge, no less!! I am extremely ecstatic for you and your family!! No one deserves it more!! You've been very patient & Even if your plans completely changed, and all the challenges you face this year, you hung in there! so I say hats off to you and your family! my wish is that you have the merriest and most magical Disney Christmas ever!! yay for Derek getting to join you too!!
__________________
HB/Newport, 11/15-11/17 DLH 11/18-22, Las Vegas 11/23-11/26, 2014
DL, DCA, Vegas, Ho Jo's then back to DL to finish it off at PPH! Son's h.s. grad trip + daughter's almost 21 trip! 6/6-6/15, 2013
DL, CA, DD, Las Vegas here I come! 11/30-12/8, 2012, PPH!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994


yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #68
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupikgal View Post
Hi my Lucky friend!! I've been reading your PTR and although I was happy for you going back to Disneyland because any Disney trip is better than nothing right? But when I read that you are getting your IRS money AND Getting to stay @ the PPH (my favorite!) And concierge, no less!! I am extremely ecstatic for you and your family!! No one deserves it more!! You've been very patient & Even if your plans completely changed, and all the challenges you face this year, you hung in there! so I say hats off to you and your family! my wish is that you have the merriest and most magical Disney Christmas ever!! yay for Derek getting to join you too!!
Thank You Kelly!!!!
We're pretty excited!!! I'll let my excitement run rampant as soon as we've actually BOOKED!! I get nervous on the rate quoted until I've secured it (and make sure it wasn't a mistake)

I'm glad Derek is joining us.....I've really missed him!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #69
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Today's theme is the Haunted Mansion Holiday!!! This was the first time I got to see this and I wasn't disappointed!! My only disappointment was, I only did it the one time on the Holiday Tour..... will have to make up for that this trip!!

















Inside the haunted mansion.















It was hard getting pics in the dark......so these will have to do for now.

I will try to do a "daily" theme leading up to the trip......but some days might not happen.

__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #70
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 15,091
DISboards Moderator

You might run out of themes if you try to do daily ones that just focus on your holiday photos! You'd have to branch out into other trips' pictures, I think, to come up with something for every day.

I use 18 themes for the Theme Week Countdown in the Christmas Superthread. Six of them are daily mini-themes in the last week until the season begins. All of the others are just one per week. There are probably a few other minor themes I could add in to bring the number to around 22 or 23, if I really milked it and stretched it.
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #71
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
You might run out of themes if you try to do daily ones that just focus on your holiday photos! You'd have to branch out into other trips' pictures, I think, to come up with something for every day.

I use 18 themes for the Theme Week Countdown in the Christmas Superthread. Six of them are daily mini-themes in the last week until the season begins. All of the others are just one per week. There are probably a few other minor themes I could add in to bring the number to around 22 or 23, if I really milked it and stretched it.
I guess that's true........well that's good if I miss a day....I won't feel so bad!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #72
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

Love all the Haunted Mansion pics

so cool looking
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #73
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Love all the Haunted Mansion pics

so cool looking
Thanx Kelly.....have you ever seen the HM holiday in person?? It's pretty cool!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #74
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Thanx Kelly.....have you ever seen the HM holiday in person?? It's pretty cool!
Nope, never been out west.

Trent keeps asking to go to Dland. Airfare so expensive

If we go, it will only be a one time thing, I really want to stay on property, which makes it even more pricey

Hopefully in next couple of years, we will get there
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #75
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Nope, never been out west.

Trent keeps asking to go to Dland. Airfare so expensive

If we go, it will only be a one time thing, I really want to stay on property, which makes it even more pricey

Hopefully in next couple of years, we will get there
I agree, airfare prices are scary.....part of our biggest reason to cancel the WDW trip. So I understand it!

The 3 resorts are expensive, but keep in mind there are really nice places across the street (some are closer than the PPH or DLH) and a lot cheaper. (everything is in close proximity)
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: