Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #391
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
Was the CM that helped you named Robert? He was VERY helpful for our group!
You know, I don't recall....but he was tall and reminded me of Burt from Mary Poppins.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #392
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!
 
Escape2Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
You know, I don't recall....but he was tall and reminded me of Burt from Mary Poppins.
Yep! Same guy! When we were leaving the hotel, we were scheduled to take DLE home. Because of some bus contract, we would have boarded one bus, just to change busses at DLH. Without any prompting, he offered to drive us and our stuff to the bus stop at DLH. Saved me from having to climb stairs twice!
Escape2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #393
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner
 
WDWJonasGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,802

I love it so far!! Sorry to hear that Hollywood wasn't as great. I remember the fake characters from NYC when I went. Elmo came up to us while we were walking to the subway.
__________________

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #394
Teki
Love the Indi hats!
My family takes odd pics like that every time we go
 
Teki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sin City, the desert so far from Disney
Posts: 1,183

Oh my gosh I can't believe that happened to you in Hollywood you are so much more the calm person then I am I could feel my blood boiling just reading that situation and I know I probably would have lost control good for you being so patient! We usually don't go to that museum because we have one here in Vegas. IMHO besides losing a substantial amount of money you did not miss much if its like the one we have here.

I love the twins little striped outfits so adorable!

The Character Warehouse here in Vegas has also gone that way and I find myself spending less and less money each visit and not being interested in making the drive out there.

MMM in and out is the only fast food burger I will eat and your picks are making me hungry lol looks like you had a pretty good time so far cant wait to hear more!
Teki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #395
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

Stinks about the Wax Museum. Did you email the lady she told you to? What happened?

That sounds awful about those creepy looking characters walking around

Disney Soda fountain looked fun and that sundae looked yummy

Bet your brother enjoyed surprise visit. Loved all the pics. I loved the twins's striped outfits. They looked so cute

Paradise Hotel looks nice

Those burgers looked really good

__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #396
nicholaseck
Mouseketeer
 
nicholaseck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Posts: 110

At least Tyler has been to In-n-Out. I haven't ever seen one, let alone taste one.
__________________


DLR: June/July 2005 (50th Anniversary), July/August 2010 (55th Anniversary), February/March 2013 (Engagement Trip)

nicholaseck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #397
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
Yep! Same guy! When we were leaving the hotel, we were scheduled to take DLE home. Because of some bus contract, we would have boarded one bus, just to change busses at DLH. Without any prompting, he offered to drive us and our stuff to the bus stop at DLH. Saved me from having to climb stairs twice!
Wow....that was incredibly nice of him!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I love it so far!! Sorry to hear that Hollywood wasn't as great. I remember the fake characters from NYC when I went. Elmo came up to us while we were walking to the subway.
I was bummed Hollywood was back to it's old ways with all the creepy people....blah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki View Post
Oh my gosh I can't believe that happened to you in Hollywood you are so much more the calm person then I am I could feel my blood boiling just reading that situation and I know I probably would have lost control good for you being so patient! We usually don't go to that museum because we have one here in Vegas. IMHO besides losing a substantial amount of money you did not miss much if its like the one we have here.

I love the twins little striped outfits so adorable!

The Character Warehouse here in Vegas has also gone that way and I find myself spending less and less money each visit and not being interested in making the drive out there.

MMM in and out is the only fast food burger I will eat and your picks are making me hungry lol looks like you had a pretty good time so far cant wait to hear more!
Hi Sid!!! I was upset but almost to tears and then the anger later. To plan an entire stop around something and then to find out we wouldn't be able to do it was a real disappointment and then the fear of not getting my money back. I won't get my money back on the motel rooms.......so lesson learned!

The outfits I got at Kmart.......we get lots of comments on them......goes to show, you don't have to pay a fortune on clothes to look good!!

The character depot is a huge let down now. It has always been hit and miss on what they had but now it's not even good prices....so why bother.

In & Out was delicious!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Stinks about the Wax Museum. Did you email the lady she told you to? What happened?

That sounds awful about those creepy looking characters walking around

Disney Soda fountain looked fun and that sundae looked yummy

Bet your brother enjoyed surprise visit. Loved all the pics. I loved the twins's striped outfits. They looked so cute

Paradise Hotel looks nice

Those burgers looked really good

I did email the lady and she emailed back that she will refund our money but she needs to do this over the phone with me since we're dealing with credit/debit card #'s. So now I sit and wait for her to call me. I hope she calls tomorrow.......I could use that $100 for last minute stuff for Christmas!!!

The characters just cheapen the area and don't try and take their pictures with out having cash in your hand. They get pretty rude if you don't "tip" them. Just annoying, especially when you have young, impressionable children who get excited when they see Spiderman walk by.

The soda fountain is a lot of fun and really good......but I think it will be a long time before we go back.......location~location~location.....lol

It was great seeing my brother for a happy visit. I've seen him a few times this year but it was for memorial services for my dad and step-dad. I love listening to him preach too.....he's very visual and dramatic which makes the sermons fun and interesting.

I love those outfits and wish I had found more of them.......

PPH is my favorite of the 3 resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaseck View Post
At least Tyler has been to In-n-Out. I haven't ever seen one, let alone taste one.
Sorry Nick.....I guess we could take a cab on our trip and eat there. It's very good!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #398
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner
 
WDWJonasGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,802

It's also like this in New York City. One of the characters came up to my mom and WHISTLED at her wanting to take a picture.
__________________

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #399
Teki
Love the Indi hats!
My family takes odd pics like that every time we go
 
Teki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sin City, the desert so far from Disney
Posts: 1,183

recently we have those unsavory people in costumes here on the strip it was like overnight suddenly that was ok. They are awful here as well :-(
Teki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #400
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
It's also like this in New York City. One of the characters came up to my mom and WHISTLED at her wanting to take a picture.
Just makes you feel uncomfortable when they do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki View Post
recently we have those unsavory people in costumes here on the strip it was like overnight suddenly that was ok. They are awful here as well :-(
I have to wonder if they'll put some sort of ordinance on this at some point. As tourists, it makes you uncomfortable and some of them are pushy. Not good for "tourism"!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #401
yupikgal
DIS Veteran
 
yupikgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 728

Laurie! Your pictures & report are fabulous! I love trip reports that begin from the beginning! Loved the pics of the mountains, terrain, Old Spaghetti Factory (haven't been since I lived in SEA years ago!) Hollywood (sorry about the bad experience, and yes I can't stand those characters there or Vegas either!) your sundae looked amazing, and the I & O burgers made me drool!! I love seeing any pics of the area because it brings me right back, even signs like you took pics of!! You and are are kindred spirits, I like a lot of detail!! Your kids are adorable, you and Mike are amazing parents!!

I also LOVE PPH, and it's my favorite of the 3 too!

I can't wait to see more!! Hurry! (haha, I know it's Christmas, sorry) Speaking of which, MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Enjoy these special days with your family! God Bless you, everyone!

Kelly
__________________
HB/Newport, 11/15-11/17 DLH 11/18-22, Las Vegas 11/23-11/26, 2014
DL, DCA, Vegas, Ho Jo's then back to DL to finish it off at PPH! Son's h.s. grad trip + daughter's almost 21 trip! 6/6-6/15, 2013
DL, CA, DD, Las Vegas here I come! 11/30-12/8, 2012, PPH!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994


yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #402
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupikgal View Post
Laurie! Your pictures & report are fabulous! I love trip reports that begin from the beginning! Loved the pics of the mountains, terrain, Old Spaghetti Factory (haven't been since I lived in SEA years ago!) Hollywood (sorry about the bad experience, and yes I can't stand those characters there or Vegas either!) your sundae looked amazing, and the I & O burgers made me drool!! I love seeing any pics of the area because it brings me right back, even signs like you took pics of!! You and are are kindred spirits, I like a lot of detail!! Your kids are adorable, you and Mike are amazing parents!!

I also LOVE PPH, and it's my favorite of the 3 too!

I can't wait to see more!! Hurry! (haha, I know it's Christmas, sorry) Speaking of which, MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Enjoy these special days with your family! God Bless you, everyone!

Kelly
Thanx Kelly!! I figure if I'm doing a road trip, everyone should experience with me......lol Actually the twins did wonderfully in the car....the other 2, even though separated, still found a way to fight with one another!!

Merry Christmas!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #403
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,581

As we continued to wait for Derek to arrive, Mike ventured off to get more pics around the hotel.

The PCH Grill Menu:





Beautiful Poinsettias~you will find the Disneyland LOVES these flowers as they use them all over the resorts/parks in their holiday decorating.





The kids in front of the tree:









Anthony:



Addy:



Shyann:



The wreaths around the light fixtures:





__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #404
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,581

I went into the gift shop and got some pics of the holiday merchandise.















I loved this ornament set and I totally forgot to purchase it before we left!









I also loved this and again......forgot to purchase!!
















__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013



Last edited by DizNee Luver; 12-24-2012 at 05:07 PM.
DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #405
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,581

A few more pics as we waited.











Derek finally arrived.......yup, I cried......as did Anthony (he's a sensitive little guy).







One more tree pic.....lol



Ally (Derek's girlfriend) is a CM so she went to park her car. Since it would be a little bit before she made it back over to the hotel....we headed up to the Concierge Lounge for snacks/drinks.









Ally arrives and we decide not to go to Company D today.....so we head into DTD to look around. Here are a couple holiday decoration/photo op areas.







I love what they've done with the Lego Store!!



















__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: