Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #151
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
That is the great part about my regular schedule only being 3 days a week. Its easy to just take off a couple of days and get a long break. I then work as much as I can inbetween trips to earn more vacation! Unfortunately this trip will actually be to San Diego as my husband is going to try and get his hot dog business going in Yuma, AZ for the winter! I still won't get to see my doggies! I miss them so much and haven't seen them since August! The next time I see them will most likely by May I guess.

That is wonderful you were able to get such a great deal! Hopefully you can find someone willing to take you up on it!
I'm sure I could find someone to take me up on it...if I were looking for someone to take me up on it. It's too good an offer to pass up. But I'm not looking. I only offered it to you and to Molly/bumbershoot - both of whom I've met (and both of whom can't go!). I'm fine staying solo - this was purely an act of paying it forward because I was fortunate enough to be the recipient of some Christmas magic!

The $15 parking fee is crazy but since they got rid of the Resort Fee at the hotels, they had to find some way to tack on extra money to the bill. The thing is, I would bet that a lot of folks arrive via bus, taxi or shuttle at the hotel parking lots and don't need parking.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #152
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
That is the great part about my regular schedule only being 3 days a week. Its easy to just take off a couple of days and get a long break. I then work as much as I can inbetween trips to earn more vacation! Unfortunately this trip will actually be to San Diego as my husband is going to try and get his hot dog business going in Yuma, AZ for the winter! I still won't get to see my doggies! I miss them so much and haven't seen them since August! The next time I see them will most likely by May I guess.

That is wonderful you were able to get such a great deal! Hopefully you can find someone willing to take you up on it!
Oh bummer.....I thought you'd be going "home". Well at least you get more time with the hubby!!

I don't know anything about the motel you mentioned......I get scared of lower priced places since we had such an awful experience at one near the park.......I've personally stayed at the Motel 6 and my older boys have stayed at it a few different times. Never really any complaints (except the pool area can get a tad noisy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I'm sure I could find someone to take me up on it...if I were looking for someone to take me up on it. It's too good an offer to pass up. But I'm not looking. I only offered it to you and to Molly/bumbershoot - both of whom I've met (and both of whom can't go!). I'm fine staying solo - this was purely an act of paying it forward because I was fortunate enough to be the recipient of some Christmas magic!

The $15 parking fee is crazy but since they got rid of the Resort Fee at the hotels, they had to find some way to tack on extra money to the bill. The thing is, I would bet that a lot of folks arrive via bus, taxi or shuttle at the hotel parking lots and don't need parking.
So they don't waive the parking fee if you don't have a vehicle?? I'm not sure how they can charge you a parking fee when you're not parking?? I assumed that would be charged only if you indeed had a vehicle with you. I only budgeted the fee for one room (one vehicle), not both rooms.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #153
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

I think the parking fee is only if you had a vehicle, no more miscellaneous "resort fee." When I called for onsite hotel prices for spring, they said for that $15/room fee you could park TWO cars! And I clarified that I if I had two rooms, I only had to pay one $15 fee (for up to two cars). Might help us if my parents come up for a day to join us. My dad hates to pay for parking.

PHxscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #154
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Oh bummer.....I thought you'd be going "home". Well at least you get more time with the hubby!!

I don't know anything about the motel you mentioned......I get scared of lower priced places since we had such an awful experience at one near the park.......I've personally stayed at the Motel 6 and my older boys have stayed at it a few different times. Never really any complaints (except the pool area can get a tad noisy).

So they don't waive the parking fee if you don't have a vehicle?? I'm not sure how they can charge you a parking fee when you're not parking?? I assumed that would be charged only if you indeed had a vehicle with you. I only budgeted the fee for one room (one vehicle), not both rooms.
The motel I mentioned gets decent reviews... I need to do more research before I commit.

No, the parking fee is per vehicle. They USED to have a resort fee. The Resort fee was per room and included the parking charge. Now there is no resort fee but is a parking fee if you have a vehicle.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #155
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post

No, people won't be charged if they don't have a vehicle. That's why I said that a lot of people probably arrive via taxi, shuttle or bus and don't need the parking - it ruins the hotels' attempts to get an extra $15 out of people! They had to lose the Resort Fee last year, and the parking was included in the Resort Fee. So now they want to make sure they are getting money if people park, but more and more guests are coming in without their own vehicles.

When I made my PPH reservation a couple of weeks ago, the CM on the phone was very stern in reminding me that there would be a $15 fee if I drove a car onto the lot. I kept saying, "I won't need parking...I won't need parking...I don't need parking," and she kept repeating how the charge would appear on my bill if I parked...so much so that I feared I would discover that there was an extra $15 thrown onto my bill anyway (like the phone deposit), 'just in case.'

So even if my friends were to park at PPH (as one of them usually does) and meet me in the A.M., if I had a room key for them and they showed it to the parking guy on the way out of the lot, they would charge ME for their parking. They would add the fee onto my bill. So the friends would have to just tell them they were parking independently and let them charge them.

Last year the parking was free with my PPH room - although there was some dispute within the Special Activities office as to whether the parking was supposed to be free for my entire stay or just for one day. Most of the CM's said it was good for the entire stay. One incorrect CM said it was free for one day only. She was overruled.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 11-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #156
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
I think the parking fee is only if you had a vehicle, no more miscellaneous "resort fee." When I called for onsite hotel prices for spring, they said for that $15/room fee you could park TWO cars! And I clarified that I if I had two rooms, I only had to pay one $15 fee (for up to two cars). Might help us if my parents come up for a day to join us. My dad hates to pay for parking.

PHxscuba
Quote:
The motel I mentioned gets decent reviews... I need to do more research before I commit.

No, the parking fee is per vehicle. They USED to have a resort fee. The Resort fee was per room and included the parking charge. Now there is no resort fee but is a parking fee if you have a vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
No, people won't be charged if they don't have a vehicle. That's why I said that a lot of people probably arrive via taxi, shuttle or bus and don't need the parking - it ruins the hotels' attempts to get an extra $15 out of people! They had to lose the Resort Fee last year, and the parking was included in the Resort Fee. So now they want to make sure they are getting money if people park, but more and more guests are coming in without their own vehicles.

When I made my PPH reservation a couple of weeks ago, the CM on the phone was very stern in reminding me that there would be a $15 fee if I drove a car onto the lot. I kept saying, "I won't need parking...I won't need parking...I don't need parking," and she kept repeating how the charge would appear on my bill if I parked...so much so that I feared I would discover that there was an extra $15 thrown onto my bill anyway (like the phone deposit), 'just in case.'

So even if my friends were to park at PPH (as one of them usually does) and meet me in the A.M., if I had a room key for them and they showed it to the parking guy on the way out of the lot, they would charge ME for their parking. They would add the fee onto my bill. So the friends would have to just tell them they were parking independently and let them charge them.

Last year the parking was free with my PPH room - although there was some dispute within the Special Activities office as to whether the parking was supposed to be free for my entire stay or just for one day. Most of the CM's said it was good for the entire stay. One incorrect CM said it was free for one day only. She was overruled.
Ok, that's good to know.......with 7 nights and 2 rooms......that fee can get spendy!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 11-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #157
DizNee Luver

Thought I should check in!! We had a busy week and a long weekend (which continues thru tomorrow night). Thursday morning Anthony and Addy both had a Veteran's Day program at their schools. The middle school program was really well done, but I found myself quite emotional and in fact, at one point I looked down at Anthony and he was crying. I think that since this was the first Veteran's Day since the passing of my dad & step-dad, it hit us both kinda hard. Addy's program was for the 1st and 2nd grade and had some great patriotic songs......very age appropriate celebration.

(Anthony is the short little guy in the front row between two tall girls)

(Addy is the back row with the red bow in her hair)

The kids are out of school Friday thru Monday, so we invited Addy's half sister Mia and her bio mom to come visit us Friday night. We did another one of our Disney Movie Nights!!!!

Our theme was Lilo-n-Stitch..........so we went with the Hawaiian feel!!

I found these awesome soda labels at our local party store!

I was able to find tiki glasses at the Dollar Tree and the party store is where I found the plates and napkins.

I picked up a few other decorations.

Before the party I had to get the balloons ready. I put a Smarties candy inside each balloon before blowing them up.

This was the agenda for the evening and then everyone's name in Hawaiian.

The guest of honor~~

The first thing on our agenda was "Cobra Bubbles" investigating our pictures of the "experiments". (as you know~~Stitch was experiment 626)

Anthony:

Mia and Addy:

Mellissa and Shyann:

Tyler and his sketch!

Next up was dinner~~

"Nani's" Teriyaki Chicken

"Pleakley's" Rice, "Lilo's" Fruit Kabobs and "Jumba's" Hawaiian Rolls

Next up more movie night!

Old 11-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #158
DizNee Luver

So after a yummy dinner, it was time to watch the movie!

Some pics of the crew while we were watching previews:

We all enjoyed the movie and then it was time for "Gantu's" Feed the Tiki game. (like pin the tail on the donkey but we used Hawaiian stickers and tried to get them in the mouth of the tiki). I realized I didn't have anything to cover the eyes.....but remembered getting a Jack Skellington sleep mask at the Dis Diva's Girl Trip.....and it worked perfectly!!

This is Addy:

This is Mia:

This is Shyann:

This is Anthony:

The Tiki on the door with the stickers on and around it.

LOL......Mellissa's ended up all the way over on the door frame!!

Next was "Stitch's" Balloon Destruction!! The kids got really excited when they realized there was candy inside! (Addy was afraid of popping them)

Next post will finishing up our evening.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #159
DizNee Luver

The last thing for the evening was the Mt Kileaua Volcano Sundae!!! We've done these before and they are a huge hit.

Here's the bowl of toppings:

Mike scooping up the ice cream into the big bowl:

Anthony adding the chocolate syrup:

Shyann adding the Swedish Fish:

The girls posing:

Mia adding the Nerd's:

Addy adding the M&M's:

The toppings in the bowl:

Tyler adding the entire can of whip cream!

Addy was given a HUGE spoonful of whip cream.....lol

The finishing touch:

Tyler starts serving up the sundae:

After everyone was done, Michayla came up to the table and did a little tasting of her own!!!

That concluded our Lilo-n-Stitch night!! I'd say, another success!!

Yesterday we headed up to Salem for a birthday party for the kids friends at Chuck E Cheese. Mia and Mellissa had never been to one before, so this was a new experience for them.

We finally took Mia and Mellissa home after dinner Saturday night. Today we're going to watch the Harlem Ambassador's Basketball (kinda like the Harlem Globetrotters, but a co-ed version) at our local high school. Should be lots of fun for the family. Tomorrow, don't have any plans and the kids don't have school......so it will be a chillax day!!

26 DAYS!!!!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #160
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Movie night looked like a blast. Good idea putting candy in the balloons

Ice Cream looked yummy

Looks like the kids had fun at CEC too.

Great weekend
Old 11-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #161
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Movie night looked like a blast. Good idea putting candy in the balloons

Ice Cream looked yummy

Looks like the kids had fun at CEC too.

Great weekend
It really was a lot of fun!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #162
DizNee Luver

Well time to update the plans/itinerary:

If you recall, we decided to rent a 12 passenger van and drive to Disneyland. Well, we're still driving......but we're taking our mini van instead of renting a bigger van. This gives us money to spend elsewhere and we have the kind of van that there is storage in the floor and a decent space behind the back seat. I feel a good game of tetrus will be played in packing our van but we will make it!

We will be leaving our home around 6am on Friday, December 7th and driving south. We'll make a fast food lunch stop on the way south and will stop for the day in Sacramento. We'll be staying the night at the Homewood Suites~Sacramento Airport/Natomas.

We'll meet up with some Dis friends and their families for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Sacramento.

The next day (Sat the 8th), we'll travel to Hollywood. We're staying at the BW Hollywood Plaza Inn.

We're going to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.

And the Disney Soda Fountain to share Mickey's Masterpiece Sundae!!

On Sunday, Dec. 9th....we'll head to Anaheim to start our 7 night stay at the PPH.

We'll spend our afternoon enjoying lunch at an In & Out Burger.

And shopping at the Company D store (Cast Member store)......

(the only pic I have is of the Diva's in front of the entrance)

and even the Character Warehouse store.

Then our exclusive DTD, DL & DCA time will begin. We'll do the parks Monday, the 10th thru Friday, the 14th. Saturday the 15th will be a down day to rest up for the trip home, last minute shopping, swimming, etc.

On Sunday, the 16th we'll head north and drive as far as Willows. We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express.

Our last day, Monday the 17th we'll start out having breakfast at the Black Bear Diner.

We'll be home by dinner time. So that's pretty much it!! We're all getting very excited and the days are passing quickly.

****All the pictures (except for the PPH and Diva pic) are from Google Images......they are not my personal pics!!****

Old 11-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #163
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

I love your Lilo and Stitch party!! DS7 is a huge Stitch fan and I can practically quote the movie by now. We may be doing some themed nights before our trip and I hope I have permission to blatantly steal some of your ideas!!??

Good luck eating that Mickey's Masterpiece even with seven people ... I saw one last summer when the table next to ours ordered it, and it was ginormous! Your kids after eating it:

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #164
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
I love your Lilo and Stitch party!! DS7 is a huge Stitch fan and I can practically quote the movie by now. We may be doing some themed nights before our trip and I hope I have permission to blatantly steal some of your ideas!!??

Good luck eating that Mickey's Masterpiece even with seven people ... I saw one last summer when the table next to ours ordered it, and it was ginormous! Your kids after eating it:

PHXscuba
Feel free to use the ideas from our movie night. I've done 2 others and I think they're listed out in my WDW PTR. The other 2 were Monster's Inc and Chicken Little.

I don't plan on us eating all of the sundae, but it is cheaper to buy that vs individual sundae's for everyone.........and my family have been practicing with our monster sundaes......lol

Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #165
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Your plans look great.

Those hotels look very nice

That sundae sounds yummy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: