Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #181
KnightRail
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
wish we knew our way around the FL rails to travel like this. How are you getting back and forth to the port?
Honestly Us in FL don't have near enough access to rails...main one is Amtrak,...I have never been to Miami before but I've heard there's a free monorail type transit (not exactly sure what it is) - and my friend tells me there's a light rail of sorts that isn't free. I don't think the monorail takes use where we need to go...so we're doing the light rail. My friend works for Amtrak and knows more about miami's rail offerings than me.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #182
KnightRail
Mouseketeer

** as for the port itself...I think we're walking from our hotel... (o_0)
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #183
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

I don't think I saw a meet-and-greet. Our other cruises on Magic were always 7- or 14- nights and we met in Promenade Lounge to get lanyards, etc -- but I think we will be hitting deck 9 pretty quickly after embarkation. I won't admit who may be first to go on the AquaDunk in our family

Our flight from Texas arrives Tuesday evening, free shuttle to hotel, and breakfast is included. Shuttle for $15 per person from hotel to Port of Miami the morning of the cruise. Post-cruise is a one-way car rental from Port of Miami (via a shuttle) to FLL but we will be visiting the Everglades area. Staying at the same hotel again and taking an early flight home the next morning. Feels good finally getting it all coming together... especially since we just booked this cruise Friday. I'm a planner. Hubby is enjoying the last-minute booking (probably so he doesn't have to hear me talk about it for a year and a half ) I almost booked shuttle to POM online but noticed their website was not https (secure) so about to call.

Throw in a Groupon that came out yesterday that fit in nicely with our Spring Break road-trip plans, it's been a good 24 hours in making bookings.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #184
disneymom0f2
Earning My Ears

If any late comer want to do FE exchange let me know...we're GTY so no room assignment as yet! We always do something even if we're on the FE list or not!!
disneymom0f2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #185
KnightRail
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I don't think I saw a meet-and-greet. Our other cruises on Magic were always 7- or 14- nights and we met in Promenade Lounge to get lanyards, etc --
Lanyards? Don't we get those at check-in? Are there other lanyards that I've missed out on my past 3 cruises??
Old 11-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #186
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post

Our flight from Texas arrives Tuesday evening, free shuttle to hotel, and breakfast is included. Shuttle for $15 per person from hotel to Port of Miami the morning of the cruise. Post-cruise is a one-way car rental from Port of Miami (via a shuttle) to FLL but we will be visiting the Everglades area. Staying at the same hotel again and taking an early flight home the next morning. Feels good finally getting it all coming together... especially since we just booked this cruise Friday. I'm a planner. Hubby is enjoying the last-minute booking (probably so he doesn't have to hear me talk about it for a year and a half ) I almost booked shuttle to POM online but noticed their website was not https (secure) so about to call.
wow! you are doing a lot better than we are! Where are you staying Tues night?

Knightrail: it's great you have an Amtrak friend to help navigate. Hopefully you'll let us know how it all works out. We're not familiar with Miami either and walking from the hotel sounds like a big question mark. Good luck!
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #187
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRail View Post
Lanyards? Don't we get those at check-in? Are there other lanyards that I've missed out on my past 3 cruises??
Yes - DCL provides lanyards for returning passengers - silver, gold, platinum. But for the longer cruises, the DIS group will usually have specially made lanyards and nametags because we usually have 150-200 members and have been conversing online for months (or almost two years from original booking date). Several contribute as donors so there is no "cost" to the 150-200 DIS members. One of the DISigners creates a neat logo and places each member's DIS name and first name on each insert (by computer), prints on color printer, inserts into plastic, and then the lanyard itself is specially designed and printed. At least that is what happened on our eastbound 2013 and westbound 2011 transatlantic cruises on DCL with our DIS group, and also planned for westbound transatlantic in September 2014. We've already voted on the logo for that one and it will be incorporated into the lanyard insert, tshirts, magnets, etc... So we would have embarkation meet-and-greet to receive the lanyards and finally meet in-person for those who did not attend the pre-cruise meet-and-greet.

Here's an example of 2013 Eastbound Transatlantic - and lots of extra DIS activities are done as well in addition to a group lanyard:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054338
Old 11-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #188
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
wow! you are doing a lot better than we are! Where are you staying Tues night?
Just sent you a PM
Old 11-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #189
KnightRail
Mouseketeer

@Mandy: ohh ok. I've only done 3n or 4n cruises...but I have seen people walking around with those (before I knew about DIS) -- I always just figured they were part of a reunion or wedding group lol!
I will be going on my first 7n in June on the Wonder in Alaska and I'm so excited!! ..not sure if my family wants to participate in that FE...haven't done one yet...idk my mom's super paranoid about everything so it's a miracle she's coming on the boat period haha.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #190
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom0f2 View Post
If any late comer want to do FE exchange let me know...we're GTY so no room assignment as yet! We always do something even if we're on the FE list or not!!
We would love to do a last minute FE as we booked last week.

It's me, DH-Peter, DD-Kayla (age 9). Just got our stateroom assignment today, 6600.

Anyone else?

Stephanie

Platinum DCL
17 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #191
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
@Mandy: ohh ok. I've only done 3n or 4n cruises...but I have seen people walking around with those (before I knew about DIS) -- I always just figured they were part of a reunion or wedding group lol!
I will be going on my first 7n in June on the Wonder in Alaska and I'm so excited!! ..not sure if my family wants to participate in that FE...haven't done one yet...idk my mom's super paranoid about everything so it's a miracle she's coming on the boat period haha.
You will love Alaska!!! So beautiful, and to go on Disney - awesome!! We went before our little ones were born, so it was a different cruiseline. You will also enjoy the longer cruise. We have only done one other 4-day cruise but the rest have been 7/12/14 on various cruiselines. Even with 14 days onboard the ship, you still don't want to get off, especially on the Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post

It's me, DH-Peter, DD-Kayla (age 9). Just got our stateroom assignment today, 6600.

Anyone else?

Stephanie
Hi Stephanie! I think I could make that work - we just booked on Friday and had also missed FE cutoff. We have Sarah (7) and Emilie (3).
Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #192
2disneycruzrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lol I've asked this before and never heard anything...maybe you'll have better luck asking it this time
As much as I'd love to meet everyone because I feel like we know each other, our family cruise director Jocelyn will guide our activities EXCEPT two hours DH & I have at Palo on Friday! So I know on Wednesday, we will be on the Twist & Spout. So glad it's a family slide! DD is so excited about Capt. America and the trip in general. We've been watching a lot of DCL videos!

Can't believe we fly down two weeks from now. We're staying near MIA airport one night pre-cruise then in FLL (work) one night post-cruise before flying out of MIA (UGH!). Pixie dust to all of you for timely, safe travels!

Anyone think the SEC Championship will be on in O'Gills? It's a CBS game so not sure if it will be shown on ship. I'm afraid DH might miss ship if he starts watching in Key West!

Reimagined Magic 12/13 * Swan/Dream/Animation: 12/12 * Beach Club: 1/12 - work * AKL/Dream: 9/11 - my daughter's and nieces' first cruise! * Beach Club/Wonder: 11/08 - work * Beach Club/Wonder: 8/08 - work (I get paid to go?!) * Dolphin/Wonder: 12/05 * RCCL - Jewel inaugural season (Western) 4/05-work * RCCL - Serenade inaugural season (Alaska) 8/04 - work * Swan/Magic: 11/03 Eastern * Dolphin/Wonder 10/02 - our honeymoon * WDW '83
2disneycruzrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #193
CC Disney fan
Earning My Ears

Stateroom actualization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky624 View Post
FINAL LIST WITH ALL ROOM NUMBERS!

FINAL LIST FOR FISH EXTENDER

8548-Tinky624/Jamie, David, Tyler(3) Confirmed
8582-Minniemoomoo/Donald, Sonya Confirmed
2132-sbassgva/Susan, Jeanne Confirmed
8034-grlzmom/Jeanne, Eric, Holly(23), Chloe(12), Bella(10) and Nick(10)Confirmed
6071&6081-LazoFamily24Suzy, Ariel, AJ(7), Cristian(6), Brandon(2), Susan(GM) Annette (sister)Confirmed
6631-Friend of grlzmom/Maria, Sister Maria, Ivan(2)Confirmed
5138-CC Disney fan/Cecilia, Gus, Juan Francisco(8) Confirmed
2604-Airien/Airien, Robert, Demetri(4), Damon(20mos) Confirmed
8536-TheBeadPirate/Lori, Rick Confirmed
8538-nolacindy/Cindy, Gerald Confirmed

Hello! We've got our stateroom number today! We'll be at 5138 (7A) Nice!
CC Disney fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #194
bekred
Earning My Ears

Looking for late FE's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post

Anyone else?

Stephanie
We just booked today and we are interested in an FE? Me, DH-Steve, DD-Sydney (age 4). We are in 7078. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you!!!
-Blair
bekred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #195
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Earlier PAT

I just checked on a whim, and I was able to get 11am!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: