Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Mickey Head Sleigh bell & swirly ornaments

Does anyone have svg files for a mickey head sleigh bell and the mickey head swirly ornaments they would like to share? I'm done searching randomly on the internet for these files. Last week I downloaded malware into my computer from a site that I found files on (don't know which site it was, though, becuase I had been in about 30 different places that day). All I know is one minuted my computer is chugging along and the next it is locked up like fort knox. UGH!

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Danielle, I did an SVG/SCAL file of the Swirly Mickey Head on my blog.

HTH!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

How can I possibly have been on the boards as long as I have and not known you have a blog? Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the file!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

I don't advertise it, it's often neglected

Do you have a picture of the jingle bell? I could try it tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Let me see if I can find it again. BRB.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

It was used by MusicalDisneyDreams back in July 2011 in the Disney Event Swap. If you don't have that file its ok, I guess I could just use a regular sleigh bell instead. I really need to figure out how to make files myself now that I've tackled using other people's stuff.

The first thing I need to learn to do is weld titles and download fonts. Not being able to make my own titles is driving me crazy. I just haven't had the time to sit down and learn to do it yet. You would think that after having my gypsy for two years I would know how to do it. Nope.....technology scares me so I've just put it aside and haven't learned to use it.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
It was used by MusicalDisneyDreams back in July 2011 in the Disney Event Swap. If you don't have that file its ok, I guess I could just use a regular sleigh bell instead. I really need to figure out how to make files myself now that I've tackled using other people's stuff.

The first thing I need to learn to do is weld titles and download fonts. Not being able to make my own titles is driving me crazy. I just haven't had the time to sit down and learn to do it yet. You would think that after having my gypsy for two years I would know how to do it. Nope.....technology scares me so I've just put it aside and haven't learned to use it.
We need a tutoring session I'd be happy to help you, it's really not that hard.

I found MDD's picture. I can try to do it tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jennifer. I really appreciate it. And I just might take you up on that tutoring session I'm truly afraid I'm a lost cause.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

I'm so sure you're not. I'm happy to help, we could do a phone call someday and work on a project together. You'll be amazed at how easy it is
Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #10
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Danielle, I sent you an email, let me know if you have any trouble with it, or if you didn't get it!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #11
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Jennifer, I got it! Thanks so much for taking the time to do these for me.

I have one (hopefully) easy question. Do SVG files work with SCAL? The reason I asked is because I downloaded a bunch a couple of weeks ago and when I look for them on my computer, they aren't there to use in my SCAL program? Do I need to download something to recognize them? I downloaded them onto a thumb drive on another computer and went to transfer them into my laptop and they aren't there, but when I plug the thumb drive into the desktop they are. Any idea what is happening?

Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #12
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Yes, SVGs work with SCAL. You need to "import" them into the program. You can do it a couple different ways. Go to File, Import and then navigate to where they are, or click the +SVG icon under your menu bar. From there you can ungroup, edit, make into a shadow, etc.

HTH!

ETA - Do you want me to add the hook holder to the Swirly head? LMK and I can.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

If it's not too much trouble to add it I wouldn't mind. If it's a pain....don't worry about it. I can work around it.

Gonna try to download my first font file today. We will see how many tears of frustration it causes me.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Sent! DH is coming home early, something about him having too much vacation time to carry over or cash out...all I know it's going to cramp my style...(He's at least bringing lunch).

I'd be happy to walk you through Fonts, maybe this weekend?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
Sent! DH is coming home early, something about him having too much vacation time to carry over or cash out...all I know it's going to cramp my style...(He's at least bringing lunch).

I'd be happy to walk you through Fonts, maybe this weekend?
Yeah for lunch! I'm all about not having to cook these days, much to the protests of the others who live in my house. My guys at work took me to lunch today. I have to say that for all the crap they give me, they actually treat me really well. I work at a police department so its me and 11 guys. Their code name for me is momma bear and no one messes with their momma bear.....except them! Lunch was good, but now all I want to do is curl up with a book and read till I can take a nap. Stupid work is getting in the way!
Anyway, I'm packing up the boys up tonight to go camping right after school/work tomorrow (its supposed to be 24 degrees overnight friday night) with their boy scout troop. Way too cold for me!! DH is going too, so I will have a weekend free that I'm spending with my sisters. Think we are gonna try to start some Christmas shopping. I won't be home until Sunday night, but maybe that would work? If not, I'm sure we can work something out sometime soon. I really feel silly having to ask for help. I'm sure once someone walks me through it I will wonder what all the fuss was for, but I'm just so bad with all this computer stuff. My poor little gypsy sits in the box where it has been since more than a year ago when I put it out of sight out of frustration. Truthfully the only reason why I decided to try to tackle scal after having it for so long and not using it was because my swap partner said she loves elaborate titles. Thought that was the perfect push to get me off my duff and starting to learn.

Have a great weekend and I will catch up with you soon! PMing you my cell number....maybe we can text to find out a good time?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: